researchba

Back pain after BA

Hi all

I recently had a BA done with Dr Zion Chan, I am two weeks post op and am having quite a lot of back pain, has anyone else experienced this? 

It it is odd as my back hurts more than anything else! The op went well and my new assets look really good, I went 345cc so not huge, but a nice c-d size. I expected a bit of discomfort but wasn't expecting my back to be playing up so much, any feedback would be great. 

By the way anyone considering Dr Chan, my experience with him and his team has been great thus far. I would highly recommend him. 

Happy to to answer any questions if you are considering him as your surgeon. 

yes i experienced this. The pain was excruciating! all i can say is that it took me months to recover from the back pain.

I think its because ur back is not used to carrying the new added weight. for me i took alot of medications and tried massages but nothing helped :( it took me a few months to recover from the pain... but you might recover faster so don't be disheartened. just take it easy and try to keep yourself comfortable and if ur in alot of pain take painkillers and don't do anything strenuous.

I had the same thing the pain in my back and neck especially was excruciating made me forget about my boobs lol, I got really worried it wouldn't go away but it did.

i used a wheat bag on my neck and the more I moved around the better my back was, all the sitting and sleeping up right really messed it up, I am a side sleeper so after about 3 weeks I would lay kind of on my side but tilted back so my boobs weren't squashed with a pillow jammed in my back to stop me rolling on my back.

the pain definitely goes away I am all good now, I do remember my first day back at work 3 week PO my back was in so much pain I didn't thing I would make it thru the day x

I had excrutiating back pain from about 4 / 5 weeks.

It wasn't anything to do with extra weight or hunching, I found it was to do with sleeping. I'm a front sleeper and was fine in the early days after my BA sitting up spewing and also the Valium I was given, but when I was able to start sleeping flat my body would try to roll and I'd wake up in all sorts of odd twisted positions. Eventually I wasn't sleeping at all because it was so uncomfortable. 

Panadeine helped and remedial massage (just half an hour sitting upright in the chair) made a huge difference! Once the pressure and pain begun releasing from the massages I was able to sleep on my side with a pillow tucked under my boob. I also got a lumber support for my chair at work which helped as I mainly sit for a living.

Hi all

I recently had a BA done with Dr Zion Chan, I am two weeks post op and am having quite a lot of back pain, has anyone else experienced this? 

It it is odd as my back hurts more than anything else! The op went well and my new assets look really good, I went 345cc so not huge, but a nice c-d size. I expected a bit of discomfort but wasn't expecting my back to be playing up so much, any feedback would be great. 

By the way anyone considering Dr Chan, my experience with him and his team has been great thus far. I would highly recommend him. 

Happy to to answer any questions if you are considering him as your surgeon. 

Hi, how did you find the staff at Dr Chans office? I went for a consult 2 weeks ago and it was great and I have been waiting all week for them to call me back to book in my date but it's like they don't care about me. I emailed twice with no reply, so I called and they said they were busy and would call me back and it's another two days later and they still haven't called to book it in. I'm really thinking I should look else where from the lack of service, it is costing me $29000 for my mummy makeover. Just really annoyed with them not the surgeon 😁 What size were you and what size did you get? Thanks Tracy :)

I am only 1 week post op and I have really bad back pain as well. No other pain. I read this article this morning which pretty much explained what is causing it, your pec muscles are connected to your upper back muscles which is why they are so sore. http://www.breastimplantadvice.com/backache-after-breast-augmentation-breast-implant-tip/

Hi, how did you find the staff at Dr Chans office? I went for a consult 2 weeks ago and it was great and I have been waiting all week for them to call me back to book in my date but it's like they don't care about me. I emailed twice with no reply, so I called and they said they were busy and would call me back and it's another two days later and they still haven't called to book it in. I'm really thinking I should look else where from the lack of service, it is costing me $29000 for my mummy makeover. Just really annoyed with them not the surgeon 😁 What size were you and what size did you get? Thanks Tracy :)

that's quite a lot for a cosmetic, not plastic surgeon. Did you have any consults with plastic surgeons and see their fees?

that's quite a lot for a cosmetic, not plastic surgeon. Did you have any consults with plastic surgeons and see their fees?

That's for BA, BL, & Tummy tuck. I enquired with Tavakoli & Mirosnik but that was about $48,000 all up 😁

I was just thinking that too!

On the original question, yes I've had back ache too. Upper back and mostly on the left side. I'm 6 weeks PO. I am putting it down the everything being related/tied to my pecs which are doing a hell of a lot of stretching (I have 390cc unders). I had a remedial massage yesterday which helped heaps. 

That's for BA, BL, & Tummy tuck. I enquired with Tavakoli & Mirosnik but that was about $48,000 all up 😁

oh gosh, its one thing for a CS to be doing a straight up breast aug but i am seriously concerned that CS are willing to perform breast lifts and abdominoplasty/

Tjm262, you might consider enquiring with ARC plastic surgery here in Melbourne, they have fixed prices and I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Richard Bloom who is one of the surgeons there. I am almost certain it wouldnt cost you $48,000.
They could probably even give you a price over the phone.

There are a lot of complications that can occur with the type of surgery you are electing to have and I really think that you should consider the qualifications.

I am 7 weeks PO now and my back pain has subsided. Thanks for all your tips, in the end it was walking that eased the pain. Massages didn't help, and pain killers took the edge off, but I think just getting moving again was the key for me. 

Tim262, I found Dr Chans office fantastic for everything except follow up, I am in Perth, which makes things a bit harder I guess. However in saying this, I have Dr Chans mobile number and have contacted him on it a couple of times, he has always responded very quickly. 

I am not sure what his other procedures are like, but the BA has gone really well overall, especially now that my back pain has subsided. I would recommend him. 

i am 5 days post op and my back pain is hurting me more then my actual chest!!!!!! its definitely from the way I have been sleeping sitting up. Body is not used to it.. even my neck is cramping up.. it sucks. Even when i go and sit down to eat after 10 mins sitting down my back cramps, its the worst. I can't wait for a good massage when i'm feeling better! :) 

My back killed me for about a month. I put it down to sleeping sitting up and walking crouched over because I was scared of bumping my boobs.

Edited to add heat packs on my back and nurofen did help quite a bit 😀