Stephaniee_

Remove and replace implants

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into having the size of my implants reduced as I feel they are too big and heavy, & its a little depressing. I've been looking into this for a while now, and have done a bit of research. I've also made a few phone calls, and a few places have said that private health care can cover a portion of the costs, as long as the purpose of the procedure is decided to be because of a 'medical condition' by the surgeon.

Has anyone else gone through this procedure? Did you have any difficulties when it came to the private heath care cover? 

Edited by Stephaniee_

You will probably need to check with your private health care cover what costs are covered - it varies from between companies and policies. If you haven't already got health care cover then you usually need to wait at least 12 months for a claim and it may not be covered as a 'pre-existing' condition. If the reason for removal is for a 'medical complication' it is more likely to be covered.

You are likely to need a lift if you are having smaller implants in - so probably need to consider that into the costs.