Dk

Findng the right surgeon in QLD

I currently live in Brisbane and just found out after having a boob job done 17 years ago that my right breast is leaking. I live with severe pain and swelling every day. And must get them done asap. Can this be claimed on Medicare? 

Does any one know of an affordable surgeons in Brisbane or Thailand who can do a good job on breast??

I am sorry you are experiencing this - it must be awful to be in pain every day. Your GP should be able to refer you to a plastic surgeon and let you know what is covered on medicare. It is a complication that needs sorting so there may be some sort of cover.

I'm not sure I'd be happy going to Thailand for this type of situation. I am getting my implants removed by Dr Richardson in Brisbane (Brisbane Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery). I am not experiencing medical complications but I will be able to claim a medicare rebate for the consultation if I have a GP referral. I am also having a lift so it will be more expensive than a straight explant and I won't find out until Saturday when I have my first consult.

Maybe you could ring and ask them for an estimate for an implant removal?

There is an explant - info FB page if you want are looking for more support and information.

I hope you get it sorted quickly

I am sorry you are experiencing this - it must be awful to be in pain every day. Your GP should be able to refer you to a plastic surgeon and let you know what is covered on medicare. It is a complication that needs sorting so there may be some sort of cover.

I'm not sure I'd be happy going to Thailand for this type of situation. I am getting my implants removed by Dr Richardson in Brisbane (Brisbane Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery). I am not experiencing medical complications but I will be able to claim a medicare rebate for the consultation if I have a GP referral. I am also having a lift so it will be more expensive than a straight explant and I won't find out until Saturday when I have my first consult.

Maybe you could ring and ask them for an estimate for an implant removal?

There is an explant - info FB page if you want are looking for more support and information.

I hope you get it sorted quickly

thank you for your reply. Yes it's not very nice to live in pain. Seeing my doctor on the Thursday so I will ask for a referral. 

I guess with doctors it's a hit and miss. I'm sure their are good and bad everywhere.  It's all about finding the right one .Was only suggesting Thailand cause they are more affordable since Australia is just so expensive and with my damaged breast easy $15,000.

Goodness I am so sorry to hear of the swelling and the pain. I agree with Harper - Dr. Phil Richardson does have a very good name. Is your original surgeon still working in the field? Could you go back to them?

hi their and thank you for your support. My old surgeon is doctor Downey from Southport and is semi retired and their is a very long waiting list as he only comes in and does appointments once a week.

I will have a look at Dr Richardson and see how we from their. 

Did you have PIP implants? Is the silicone contained in the scar capsule?

You might be able to get some medicare cover for the removal due to complications, but not for the replacement part of the procedure or lift - if that is what you are planning.

Dk, good idea to phone Lotus.  Donatella is right, as an ex-patient you would get seen faster.  I'm ex Downie and went back to him recently after 16 years, I got an appointment within a week (he only consults on Mondays now) and surgery on Wednesday of the same week. 

I hear what you're saying about cost but you never know.  He would be my pick in your situation - he has your file and notes already and he's great with revision work.  Good luck.

Dk, I had brazillians done by another PS 4 months prior and I hated them, they were hideous.  So I had them removed and replaced with Allergan Natrelles.  Full capsulectomy, replacement and BL. 

Unfortunately the brazillians were stuck in there and he had a hell's own job to get them out. I had a lollipop lift at the same time.

Cost approx 13K all up.  I had cc after 4 months with the brazillians so an item number applied which meant a small portion of that was covered.

Sure thing Cathy, going through it once is bad enough, but going through it twice in such short time must be very unpleasant. 

Well girls managed to get an appointment with Downey asap. Will keep you posted with the outcome 

However I did ask how much medicare rebate you get for a reputed breast,  just a small percentage around the $200 mark which kinda sux. 

Also going to Dr James Chen for a second opinion.  

Maybe I will get a 3rd. 

Chat soon with outcome.