Honeycakes

Dr Miroshnik - travelling and recovery

Hi, its been a hard decision to make - whether to get a boob job or not - because as a teenager and in my early twenties I had the perfect size  C cup boobs. but after 3 kids I now have size A's and for the last 5 years I have been struggling with the decision. I would love to have my perfect Natural looking size C's back and finally after researching the internet for weeks I have found a Doctor I think is right for me. Dr Miroshnik has the results im looking for.  However I live in Brisbane and he is in Sydney.

His  website says they accommodate travelling clients. But Can anyone give me their experience with this?

My plan is to fly down on my own or with husband for the initial consultation. then for the surgery- I have 3 young kids so just want to weigh up these two options 

1. on the school holidays- I take all 3 kids down to Sydney with my husband to look after me for a week. we get a 3 bedroom apartment for a week while I get procedure done. ( 3 bedroom accommodation  plus 5 airfares)

2. or if its something I could get through on my own and leave husband and kids at home in Brisbane and then Im not restricted to school holidays to get it done. or can you hire a Nurse to care for you? ( 1 airfare, studio apartment) this option would be easier. ( and perhaps cheaper)  but not sure how I will be on my own?

Also How soon after the procedure will Dr Miroshnik allow you to fly.

thanks Joadster! Do you think its possible for someone to go down and do this on their own?

what exactly did your partner help you with?

Hi Honeycakes, I'm pretty sure you have to have someone with you for the first 24 hours, but the only thing I really needed from my partner was to adjust my pillows to save me having to get out of bed to do it and carrying any bags. In saying that I think I was pretty lucky how I was after surgery and have to say this is not everyone's experience. Some ladies are a bit too sore to do some things, like brush their hair and shower themselves etc, so I definitely think it would be safer to have someone close by. 

I am a Dr m girl.

I had a 4hr drive so not as far as you but still a juggle with work, kids and horses.

we left the kids with my mum for 3 nights. I had my sizing appointment on the Wednesday, surgery Thursday, post op appointment Friday and drove home Saturday.

I stayed at the quest at Bondi and had surgery at Bondi private straight across the road so I could walk to and from hospital without worrying about traffic or parking.

you can go on your own if you choose too and Dr m will arrange a nurse to keep an eye on you during the first 24hr post op.

Thanks ladies!  we don't have anyone to leave the kids with, so they would either have to come, or leave Husband at home to look after them.

A nurse seems like it might be the go. Just not sure about how I would go with little things like  lifting luggage on a plane etc...

Thanks ladies!  we don't have anyone to leave the kids with, so they would either have to come, or leave Husband at home to look after them.

A nurse seems like it might be the go. Just not sure about how I would go with little things like  lifting luggage on a plane etc...

I think you might need to stay longer then I did because you are flying. Hubby and the kids could always fly down half way through your stay and you could turn the second half of your time there into a holiday then you would have help with bags

I had my surgery last Friday with dr m and I flew from the Gold Coast. Tonight is our last night and I have my post op consult tomorrow. My sister flew came with me. it would be best if you could bring a friend or hubby along at least because you need someone with you for 24 hours following surgery but not only that you need the company to go do things. Some days I could not be bothered getting food so she went and got me take away it was great. And we went shopping and to the movies etc. She's helped me get out of bed and adjust my pillows etc, carries my luggage and shopping haha. She's pretty much nursed me it makes all the difference there's no way I could of been on my own. We stayed at the meriton in Bondi junction around the corner from dr m office. I think they have 3 bed apartments with pool and gym facilities so if the kids want to come let them - it can be a mini holiday and hubby can take them to shops if you need to rest in bed! 

Just do do the consult over the phone. It's cheaper $150 and send him your photos. You fly down a couple of days before surgery and see him face to face at no extra charge and that's when you pick your size. Get a referral from your GP and you get $70 back from Medicare from the consult. 

My final face to face sizing consult was Wednesday, surgery was Friday but you could choose Thursday. I could of left on the Tuesday (today) if I had surgery Thursday but he wants you to stay 5 days after surgery ideally so I'm leaving tomorrow - Wednesday. 

If you wanna private message me I'm happy to answer any more questions and tell you about the whole experience!

Hey chic, I flew from Perth and took a girlfriend and her 9 month old. Dr M makes you stay 5 nights before flying and won't allow you to fly home on your own due to the damage you can do lifting your suitcases especially putting anything in the overhead locker.

I wouldn't suggest recovering by yourself anyhow as everyone recovers differently and some people need help getting out of bed, or bathing or food prep etc.

I also stayed at The Meriton as it was bigger and more apartment style than studio.

thank you everyone! looks like I will be taking Husband and the kids then. Thank you so much!

Im sure I will have more questions to ask as the planning becomes reality!

I promise It will make all the world of difference with recovery having your family with you! The big Westfield is literally across the road from the Meriton, beach isn't far, and if you want to go into the city the train station is right underneath the hotel and takes 10 mins to get there. You'll have new boobies and everyone gets a holiday yay! It'll be so much fun I'm actually excited for you. I had a great time! 

I promise It will make all the world of difference with recovery having your family with you! The big Westfield is literally across the road from the Meriton, beach isn't far, and if you want to go into the city the train station is right underneath the hotel and takes 10 mins to get there. You'll have new boobies and everyone gets a holiday yay! It'll be so much fun I'm actually excited for you. I had a great time! 

Thanks Lucky Cat!

sounds like they wont be bored then!

I just rang Dr Miroshnik's office. and had a great discussion with the receptionist about travelling patients. she said they do have patients who travel there on their own and hire a Nurse to care for them for the first 24 hours. She agreed I would get more rest if I didn't bring the kids. But then again I would still need my husband to fly to Sydney on the day I leave to help me with bags when I fly home.

Guess it depends if I am going to be bedridden for the full 5 days or if I can get out and about with the family by day 3.

Another thing I have to consider is if I had surgery in late June. would I be able to snowboard on our planned snow holiday in late August?

If anything changes look at contacting dial an angel. They were recommended for me from Dr M but my boyfriend is now coming with me. 

Im tossing up between staying at the hotel where his clinic is to start with and then maybe getting a place in the city so we have more to do??? I just don't know how far and if its a has sell getting to places from bondi while we are there

thanks. They recommended Dial an Angel to me too.

If I take the husband and kids I am also thinking of maybe staying outside of Bondi - somewhere with a lot more to do.... would love suggestions as I haven't been to Sydney much before.

If anything changes look at contacting dial an angel. They were recommended for me from Dr M but my boyfriend is now coming with me. 

Im tossing up between staying at the hotel where his clinic is to start with and then maybe getting a place in the city so we have more to do??? I just don't know how far and if its a has sell getting to places from bondi while we are there

In retrospect I would not have minded just staying in the city the whole time. Because the only 2 times you're going to Dr M's office is for the pre surgery consult and then the post surgery consult. It was handy staying right next to bondi westfield but my sister and I went to the city half the time we were there because of better food options lol we're big foodies. But in saying that the train station was right under our hotel and the quest hotel is a minute walk to the station. When I had my surgery at east sydney private, that was closer to the city and we just caught an uber home back to bondi and it cost like $18. Bondi station is only 4 stops (around 10 mins) from town hall station in the city which is right near pitt street mall and all the shopping in the city. 

Hi Honeycakes,

Your situation and stats sound like a replica on my own. I'm seeing a PS in my home town as the logistics of travel and childcare etc seem too much to handle for me.

Can I ask what price you are being quoted for Dr M? His work looks great on Instagram!
I was quoted 21k for Lollipop lift and BA by Dr Tavakoli (Day surgery only which makes me wonder how much to stay overnight!) and about 20k for the same with Dr Avery in Newcastle (where I live).

You must be very brave, Snowboarding 2 months after surgery seems a longshot to me!

Hi honeycakes, 

I've got three munchkins and same as you not a lot of help on hand! I would totally recommend having time to re cooperate without them. They will be all over you and you'll want to sleep and not have your new assets jumped on or the 1000 questions! When's the last time you had three days to yourself to sleep and read or watch TV! By freaky coincidence my kids were away for 3 nights (not pre-planned, a last minute "the kids should come and stay for a few days") and I felt it gave me a good head start on my recovery so I could handle things when  they came home. Good luck on your journey.