Ditosev

Booked in for BA in May 2016 and freaking out about possible problems later on

I have booked my surgery for May 18th 2016 with Craig Rubinstein. I am a mother of 3 kids. My youngest babies are 3 and 18 months (at time of surgery). How did other Mum's handle the little one's post op? Also I want to hear from anyone who had to go back in for surgery to have removal or anyone who had rupture etc... How common is this?? And if it happens do I have to pay again for the surgery?? I guess I have just heard and read of so many people regretting their BA and the problems after 2-3 years.... Honest responses please. Thanks in advance. 

I had to go back in for surgery due to a rupture but that was after 10yrs. 

I don't think complications are common, especially early in the piece but I also wouldn't say they are rare. They are a risk that we take & luckily for most, they don't experience anything major. Even I consider myself lucky compared to what some ladies have been through. 

From my experience, I had to pay over $12500 for my removal, capsulectomy & replacement but I was just out of the warranty period. The good thing with more modern implants is that the majority of them come with lifetime warranties against rupture &/or capsular contraction. Mine is lifetime on rupture & 10yrs on CC. 

If you experience problems soon after surgery, I believe the good PSs will sort it out with no or little cost. At least that is the impression I got from ladies on here. 

How exciting!! I am getting mine done on the 25th May in Melbourne, so we can go through it together!! Ha ha.

I am not thinking about the "whatifs". There are risks with everything these days. As long as you know the possible issues and can live with them (cost and discomfort of further surgery) you will be fine. Deal with it only IF and when it happens.

I just want to enjoy my new boobs. I am actually having a Mummy Makeover (tummy tuck, lipo, breast implants) so I will be in a world of discomfort for a while. Hee hee

I won the complication lottery at 7 years with rupture in one and CC in the other. I revised with a plastic surgeon and got cover with Medicare and private health so was only out of pocket $5000 for new implants (larger size so not covered by implant company the private health paid for those) and capsulectomy. I would strongly suggest revising with a PS to save thousands 

How exciting!! I am getting mine done on the 25th May in Melbourne, so we can go through it together!! Ha ha.

I am not thinking about the "whatifs". There are risks with everything these days. As long as you know the possible issues and can live with them (cost and discomfort of further surgery) you will be fine. Deal with it only IF and when it happens.

I just want to enjoy my new boobs. I am actually having a Mummy Makeover (tummy tuck, lipo, breast implants) so I will be in a world of discomfort for a while. Hee hee

Im having Mummy makeover on 30th May but also have a lift with implants 😊

Re your little ones, it is so hard to not pick them up when they are so young. But maybe you could start training them to climb up onto your lap rather than you picking them up.........or getting them to climb into the car and into their car seats while you stand directly behind them so they don't fall backwards. I would also keep a secret stash of new little toys, story books, colouring pencils and books, and DVD's so that when you are recovering they can amuse themselves while you lie down. You will definitely need a support person for the first 3 days at least after your surgery to help you. But prior to surgery, you could prepare meals you can freeze. Maybe put the your kids' snacks for morning/afternoon tea into ziplock bags or easy to open containers in the fridge. Get all of your washing and housework up to date. If you lift up your little ones onto your bed or onto a nappy change table, maybe consider placing the nappy change mat onto the ground so that you can avoid lifting them. Any preparation you can do prior to your BA will help you immensely in the recovery stage.