Sarinka

Anyone feel they look fatter in clothes post op???

When a surgeon (not actually the surgeon I ended up going with) told me he could make me look thinner with my BA, I didn't believe him but it is true. I look so much more in proportion and narrower in the waist. I'm not a big girl but fairly straight up and down. 

THere are certain clothes that I don't wear as much, mainly looser style tshirts. I'm still finding out what suits me better post op and I'm probably dressing a bit less conservatively than before because I'm a lot more comfy with my body 

Yes! I avoid wearing really loose fitting tops and dresses now. It's funny because some things I feel so much more in proportion while other things I feel a little more top heavy. I know this is completely irrational as my boobs aren't big by any means but it's been a big adjustment for me mentally as well as physically! In saying that- I'm way way happier with my naked body!

Yes I do! Rea struggle gah I find short tops make me look too heavy and loose clothes make me look fat :( I don't wear low cut tops or tight tips out of the house so it's a pain in the butt so I guess I have to stick with looking bigger I also have received comments that I have gained weight (yet I haven't ) 

absolutely ! I used to wear lose tops and dresses to cover up my none existing boobs and I cannot wear them now as I'm looking really top heavy ! I am still in progress of updating my wardrobe and have found that I have to wear more fitted tops, which I have to say looks really nice and you can show off the boobies lol. I also found that certain patterns, like stripes make me look really fat! It's not easy to change your wardrobe and style, before my BA I just bought tops without trying them on but now I have to try on every single top or dress to see if it looks good 😜😜😜

i think mine have had the opposite effect. Before I was pretty straight up and down now my side boob gives me curves that make my waist look thinner. 

My big thing before surgery was wanting in proportion to my body and that's what I got. I think if they were any bigger I would look top heavy and would have had to go up a size in clothing which probably would make me look fatter. 

I am certainly more confident and comfortable with my body then I was before my BA, hubby took me shopping straight after my surgery and was picking clothes that were what I would have worn before kids and I'm standing there saying I love that but I can't wear it, he replied that's ok just wear them around the house no one will see you, he wasn't taking no for an answer. I now don't even think twice about leaving the house in those clothes. 

I think I could write a book about dressing for big breasts having spend the last 13 years working it all out.

It really depends on your shape and size to begin with - then the size of the implants. I have broad shoulders and a narrow waist with average hips (size 10). Mildly curvy rather than straight up and down. My implants definitely make me look bigger even in tight tops when I compare before and after. I am also the other side of 40 and I think this makes a difference too because I feel in some clothes big breasts = matronly. Here is list of clothes that don't work (for me) with implants:

• Baggy shirts / tops - hang off breasts like a tent
  • Fitted shirts - if they fit breasts they don't taper in to waist
  • Fitted dresses - same as shirts
  • High neck lines - matronly
  • Any top or dress that requires no bra - noooooo chance
  • Control tops eg. singlets with a 'control' area - the control area never covers my breasts
  • low cut 'sexy' tops - make me look like Bet Lynch
  • Transparent-ish tops - I have to wear a camisole under to hide the construction bra
  • Some patterns eg. horizontal stripes

My wardrobe mainly consists of skirts/trousers and black stretchy tops that are neither high nor low neck line. My daughter calls it my uniform. I feel VERY limited in what I can wear and hate shopping as most clothes don't work for me. I do look nice and curvy, not fat, without clothes on but I don't tend to walk about naked (out of the house anyway) ;)

This is something i worry about aswell. ....in fact i stress about this daily and think should i just cancel the op. Looking frumpy when wearing baggy tshirts etc. Something i will be making very clear to my surgeon. Even if they end up being too small, they will always be bigger than what i started with! !

The first week yes definitely as I woke up the 2nd day post op 4 kilos heavier so between that and the boobs I looked four months pregnant for a week until the bloat went away. 

Now I find anything baggy just hangs off my boobs and looks like a sack and is not flattering. And as soon as I could stop wearing button up tops I did as to get them to fit my boobs the waist was huge and was unflattering.  I find scoop neck fitted tops are the most flattering on me, not a low low cut but anything high looks funny (apparently Victorian button up high necks are all the age for this coming winter so I won't be buying those lol).