Hannah1111

6 weeks PO- pain, pulling, dropping?

Hey girls, I've just hit 6 weeks PO for 345 dual planes and am stillllll finding tightness in my chest, particularly the right breast. I returned to see my surgeon at 3 wks as I was so concerned about tightness in right breast- it remains fuller & bigger I think than the left one and I don't know why. When I lie down at night in bed I get that weird pulling feeling still. Is the right dropping faster? The right one is way firmer/tighter than the left, left one is much softer but appears to NOT be dropping as fast. I have attached a pic I took the other day & would love some feedback, it's hard to know what is normal healing & what is not. X

image.jpeg

I found my healing was a real roller coaster. Week 1 was pretty easy, week 2 was not so fun, week 3 was great, week 4 was ok then week 5 and 6 were horrible, 7 was pretty good, 8 I had no pain, 9 I over did it at the gym and was sore for a couple of days. 

My left one was more sore, bigger, harder and higher then my right until about 5 weeks then they swapped and the right one gave me hell.  

It was just after my 8 week appointment that they seemed to soften and look like they were a proper matching pair. Before then I was like they are better then having nothing but I didn't love them. Now every time I look down or touch them I am like wow! 

6 weeks seems like a long time but the healing process is really slow, I think you will notice they are a lot different over the next month. 

I agree with overthinkingit - you still have quite a way to go with your healing. 6 weeks post op is still in the early days. I got nerve regeneration pain up to 9 months post op. During that time, the pain would come and go so it wasn't present all of the time. I am now 16 months post op and I have felt my boobs changed so much over that time. I know it is really hard but try to be patient. Also re the tightness, you have to remember you have gone through a major operation and so your body is doing a lot of healing as well as stretching re skin to accommodate the implants. I know it is easy to say not to worry but I think you will be fine. :)

I'm just over 6 weeks post op and my left is bigger than my right at the moment and it has dropped a lot quicker too. I've had a lot more stingy sensations this week around the incision site but I put this down to the fact that because I've been feeling better I'm doing more. I did two days of spring cleaning and lifting and moving stuff and found that by boobs were tight and sore by the end of it. I've been wearing my po bra at night again to give them a bit of a rest and thus has helped heaps. I'm sleeping on my side now but have a pillow to prop my boobs if I need it as the past couple of days there has been a bit of a pull on feeling. I think you're prob were you need to be in the healing process as you sound similar to me. It def seems like a roller coaster. Just when you feel like it's going well something changes and then changes again. I guess when they say it's a 12 month healing process they mean it :) 

I'm just over 6 weeks post op and my left is bigger than my right at the moment and it has dropped a lot quicker too. I've had a lot more stingy sensations this week around the incision site but I put this down to the fact that because I've been feeling better I'm doing more. I did two days of spring cleaning and lifting and moving stuff and found that by boobs were tight and sore by the end of it. I've been wearing my po bra at night again to give them a bit of a rest and thus has helped heaps. I'm sleeping on my side now but have a pillow to prop my boobs if I need it as the past couple of days there has been a bit of a pull on feeling. I think you're prob were you need to be in the healing process as you sound similar to me. It def seems like a roller coaster. Just when you feel like it's going well something changes and then changes again. I guess when they say it's a 12 month healing process they mean it :) 

This is so me as well, my boobs dont match left is bigger and firmer and has been taking longer to heal. I did hurt my left side  in week 3 and its been sore since but only yesterday at 7 wks i feel ok and not throbbing on my left. Still very tight though 😕 i would be very happy if my left is an indication of my size as my left is much smaller. Oh oops i meant bigger 😮

Edited by prue
wording wrong

Thanks girls, I agree it's early days & know I'm impatient. I was very mentally un-prepared for the long recovery and am sick of always feeling sore & uncomfortable. To clarify- does the bigger/tighter one mean it's the one dropping fastest? On me, you can see my nipples are uneven. Is the right one, which sits higher and more centred indicative that it's dropped and the left just needs to catch up?

I'm 8 and a half weeks and I'm still getting pains so its very normal. I had barely any pain in my right breast and in recent days all of the pain is now in this breast. I've been doing a lot more so the pain could be associated with that as well as I feel that they are still moving closer together and stretching as I didn't have much underneath my breasts, so plenty of stretching going on there.

Just like you, I have my left breast sitting higher and feels smaller than my right which was like that to begin with but I'm hoping that they even up a bit more. 

I think patience is the key even though I'm getting pretty impatient and wanting them to look exactly the same and have no pain lol.

I started freaking out the other day t two weeks PO because I had been relatively pain free for  few days, and then suddenly out of nowhere both breasts were really tender and sore. Then it hit me............my period! OOOOh yeah,they used get  bit sore before my period pre-op, but they are way more out there now, more easily bumped/rubbed and have just been stretched and pulled and cut.I'm such  doofus sometimes.

Thanks girls, I agree it's early days & know I'm impatient. I was very mentally un-prepared for the long recovery and am sick of always feeling sore & uncomfortable. To clarify- does the bigger/tighter one mean it's the one dropping fastest? On me, you can see my nipples are uneven. Is the right one, which sits higher and more centred indicative that it's dropped and the left just needs to catch up?

i saw the ps today and he said its most likely that i damaged the capsule that the body makes around the implant when healing. The capsule is scar tissue and so he said it is bigger and firmer because it is swollen and now needs more healing time. But he also said that i had the same amount of breast tissue so i should even out but it is still early days and still so much dropping to do.  No the bigger tight one on me was because its swollen. But funningly enough i had the vectra take a picture and the right one which has less profile than the left is bigger in roundness and softer which means it is settling faster. I know it is so hard to be patient and it is a mental thing too but i was healing well until i hurt myself and now its put my healing behind so try to be patient its a big change your chest has to go through and you are still super early days

I'm glad to hear that other people are having the same pain/healing issues, I was starting to worry about how sore my left breast has been. I'm 11 weeks PO now but I guess as someone said before it's a 12 month healing process! 

Has anyone got any tips on how they've been dealing with the discomfort? My left breast is very tender around the outer edge and pulls when I lift my arm mainly.

Thanks for your reply. Definitely finding it a day by day journey.  And can tell really quickly if I have over done It! I spend the next day with super tight chest and boobs! The nerve pain seems to come and go. Seems settled atm, hoping it stays that way! 6 week check today and I'm out of my compression bra! Yay!!

On 4/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, kittykat74 said:

Thanks for your reply. Definitely finding it a day by day journey.  And can tell really quickly if I have over done It! I spend the next day with super tight chest and boobs! The nerve pain seems to come and go. Seems settled atm, hoping it stays that way! 6 week check today and I'm out of my compression bra! Yay!!

Hey @kittykat74 as the girls say it's still early days for you. I found mine really "popped" around the 5 week mark and then continued to drop and fluff - I am now just over 4 months post-op and feeling really comfortable all round. At 6 weeks you are still a bit tight and sore and swollen and it feels like forever until you feel that you are healing. I occasionally still get the nerve zingers, but not as much as before. Yay that you're out of your compression bra - such a nice feeling :) Have you gone bra shopping? I did at the 6 week mark as a celebration for getting out of the post-op bra and because suddenly bra shopping became my fave thing to do!!