Blondiva

Pain/Recovery for those that had Brazillian PU implants

HELP! Should I believe the hype about the Brazillian PU implants and the special technique (with laser) used that's suppose to minimize pain and recovery substantially. How much pain from day one on? What strength painkillers did you require? How long was your recovery? 

With many thanks ūüėä

I have German PU implants, just shy of 5 mths post op. Mine was a second time round (replaced ruptured implants), so my recovery was super quick anyway & no doubt significantly easier than a first timer. That being said, I have no clue if my surgeon used any laser during the op. He didn't mention it & I didn't ask. So I don't know if that was a factor in my recovery. 

But as for the implant itself, I have had a great result & do recommend them. BUT be aware that you need a surgeon who has had extensive, and I mean a ***** tonne, of experience working with them as they are a lot more difficult to work with than smooth or textured implants. It is all down to placement as they wont drop as much so if they are placed too high, they will stay that way. 

Also something to consider is that they do require a slightly larger incision than regular implants. Not massive but an extra centimetre or so. 

I'm not sure about lasers but I think most surgeons use some level of cauterising to mimimise bleeding and therefore bruising and inflammation? Not just for BA. If you watch a lot of BA surgery on YouTube you'll see the surgeon will make an initial incision with scalpel and then use a cauterising tool to complete the incision. Sounds gory but true enough, you don't see much blood :D

I got the German PU coated implants 8 days ago. I had LTT prior and already a session this week and will have 4 more. I had them over the muscle so that's also less painful. My surgeon did an amazing job and they've changed so much already in 7 days. 

My max pain was 4/10. I can't believe how amazing I felt. Nothing to do with implants, I just didn't find my BA painful. 

My surgeon has the most experience in Melbourne with them and they look so natural it's unbelievable. I'm definitely happy with my results. 

It's my understanding the so called rapid recovery technique is not just used for Brazilians but doesn't seem that common in Aus but I am guessing you have maybe consulted with Dr Fleming who does both?? I have spoken to girls who had the quick recovery technique and it seemed to work for them - straight back to work after a couple of days with no issues, shopping same day etc. I am curious though as to why not many here use it?? 

There are lots of threads on here about the plusses and minuses of Brazilians - to answer your question I wouldn't believe the hype about the Brazilian implants but re the rapid recovery technique it's worth looking into and perhaps asking some surgeons who don't use it why not? Maybe you could post your query in the ask a surgeon section to see if any respond? 

Everyone's pain level is different. I got under the muscle with my Brazilians. I found the first 3 days were painful where I needed help getting out of bed, showering and going to the toilet. I took all of the pain medication that the surgeon gave me but was still uncomfortable. I vomited even after having the anti-nausea tablets but I am a bit of a vomiter. I found by day 5 I felt human again. I recovered quickly but I did follow everything my surgeon told me to. Any operation will have pain afterwards. But the body is pretty amazing with how quickly it can bounce back. Definitely research surgeons who have extensive experience with Brazilians. You have to make sure that Brazilians are right for you. I am very happy with mine and I am 16 months post op.

I'm not sure about lasers but I think most surgeons use some level of cauterising to mimimise bleeding and therefore bruising and inflammation? Not just for BA. If you watch a lot of BA surgery on YouTube you'll see the surgeon will make an initial incision with scalpel and then use a cauterising tool to complete the incision. Sounds gory but true enough, you don't see much blood :D

This is diathermy and as you said, used for pretty much any operation. Not sure about laser.... 

If I've done it right this is a link to an article by Dr Fleming explaining the rapid recovery technique. He is only surgeon I know of that does it in Aus but maybe others do and just don't label it??? 

I should clarify too my view about not accepting the hype about Brazilians is that I remain unconvinced that there is actual evidence of reduced cc as opposed to a normal textured implant so as far as that being a factor in deciding whether they are for you I think that is just hype. There may be other reasons though for you to consider Brazilians as being the right one for you. 

http://www.breastimplantsaustralia.com/breast-augmentation-surgery-fast-recovery.html

If I've done it right this is a link to an article by Dr Fleming explaining the rapid recovery technique. He is only surgeon I know of that does it in Aus but maybe others do and just don't label it??? 

I should clarify too my view about not accepting the hype about Brazilians is that I remain unconvinced that there is actual evidence of reduced cc as opposed to a normal textured implant so as far as that being a factor in deciding whether they are for you I think that is just hype. There may be other reasons though for you to consider Brazilians as being the right one for you. 

http://www.breastimplantsaustralia.com/breast-augmentation-surgery-fast-recovery.html

Dr Rastogi (CS in Sydney) also uses this method as listed on his website. 

The laser I'm having is rapid recovery. I can feel a difference after the sessions :)

I chose the German implants because I do a lot of physical activities such as running 3x and weights 3x. I also compete in triathlons so these implants really suit my lifestyle.

Edited by MissyHu

Thanks so much for all your input everyone. 

Yes Pepper9 it is Dr Flemmings staff so far that I have spoken to and watched a DVDs they sent me with additional info. Thanks also for providing the link.

Has anyone else used Dr Flemming and the rapid recovery technique? 

My sister did, she had the surgery Friday and was back at work Monday. Most she took was paracetamol! I don't know if I'll be the same - going through a different surgeon but her recovery was great 

Her surgeon was Dr Fleming*

My sister did, she had the surgery Friday and was back at work Monday. Most she took was paracetamol! I don't know if I'll be the same - going through a different surgeon but her recovery was great 

Her surgeon was Dr Fleming*

hi meg 

does Dr R use  this method too