mkav

has any one received medicare & private health for BA before?

Just wondering if anyone has received a medicare rebate and private health cover for a breast augmentation before? along the lines of mental health and body esteem? 

would love your feedback as I have always hated my tiny AA breasts but there is nothing structurally wrong with them. They definitely bring down my self esteem and self worth.

Thanks in advance :) 

agree with all the ladies, ive never heard of anyone getting any kind of rebate for a straight BA because they were unhappy with their small breasts... i was covered for my surgery but i had really bad asymmetry and sagging (has a BA and BL) and even what i get back is peanuts compared to cost of whole surgery 

I've heard of women saying they can claim back a portion if they have breastfed from medicare and even my original gp said the same....I breastfed for over a year and my surgeon said that is all ludicrous 👎👎👎 

I was the same as you, completely flat, and it did affect my self esteem. A guy I was seeing once told me a BA should be free because being flat is a deformity! Unfortunately as the others said medically it's not a deformity so I got them done when financially able to do it.  

I had my BA done on jan 22nd and i got an item number from medicare/health insurance because i had asymmetry. I saved about 4k so it is possible xxx

yes, that is different to what she is asking though. You can't get a Medicare item number because you have small breasts though. Asymmetry (or sagging etc) is a whole other story.

😂 if they gave out items number for having a small cheat I would have had mine done years ago. My self image is destructive but I saved and now waiting for surgery. A discount is a discount but I agree that only women with "deformities" of the breast itself should get it. 

Just wondering if anyone has received a medicare rebate and private health cover for a breast augmentation before? along the lines of mental health and body esteem? 

would love your feedback as I have always hated my tiny AA breasts but there is nothing structurally wrong with them. They definitely bring down my self esteem and self worth.

Thanks in advance :) 

Hi Mkav, I'm almost cringeing at one of the self righteous responses you got to your question. Usually you can ask questions on this forum and get factual non judgemental responses. The simple answer to your question is no, they don't cover for BA's for emotional reasons. I hope you don't feel deterred to ask any questions in the future. 🌹

Hi Mkav, I'm almost cringeing at one of the self righteous responses you got to your question. Usually you can ask questions on this forum and get factual non judgemental responses. The simple answer to your question is no, they don't cover for BA's for emotional reasons. I hope you don't feel deterred to ask any questions in the future. 🌹

Thank you @Joadster,

I appreciate it :)

And thank you for your honest, non-judgemental response 

xxx