Jade01

Spray Tan

hi all,

I'm just wondering about spray tans. I have a party on Saturday night so was hoping to get a spray tan done tomorrow. My surgery is on the 18th of Feb. I know a tan doesn't generally last 2 weeks but does anyone know of any issues with having spray tan on the skin at the time of operation or have any surgeons ruled against them prior to surgery? Other than general patchiness? 

Thanks! :) 

Pretty sure no tan for surgery! How about try a spray tan which can be washed off in the shower later?

do you mean try a spray tan (cos that's what I was wanting to book) or do you mean to try a gradual tanner moisturiser?

do you mean try a spray tan (cos that's what I was wanting to book) or do you mean to try a gradual tanner moisturiser?

she means the tans that you spray on and they come off completely in the shower that night or the next day. I personally wouldn't risk it that close to surgery unless you can guarantee it'll be 100% gone before surgery. It's a bacteria risk. I was told no tanning at all for 2 weeks before surgery. 

I asked my plastic surgeon this on Tuesday and he said it doesn't matter :) I feel comfortable with that because I don't see how I would affect recovery or infection risk? They still use chlorhexidine (or similar) to clean the skin and if you had emergency surgery you could have a fake tan on. For me I'm happy to go ahead with a tan, I'm going away with my sisters the weekend before my BA, my surgery is the Monday so I'll he bronze 😻