jdm

Emotions leading up to surgery

Hey guys, 

(I love how I address you all as guys, like you're all my mates ūüėČ)

Just wondering if I'm going nuts or if this is normal...

I'm so bloody emotional! I mean like proper emotional. Everything's making me sad or angry. Anything my partner says is like a challenge to battle and my eldest daughter is copping it from me too. 

Did anyone else feel like this or is it just me being a freak? Or maybe my family deserves the servings I'm giving them at the moment!??

2 weeks until I fly out.

Lil help please....

I was pretty nutty before my BA. Overly sensitive to everything my partner said about me and my body and honestly even things that didn't involve me I was a bit of a fruit. Now 5 months post op I'm still a bit up and down. The few weeks post op was the worst . I got better but every now and then I take things to heart and get myself worked up. I'm sure sometimes they deserve to be yelled at or put in line but I know my partner copped it from me but he was very understanding as he knew I was stressed and worried an I apologised for being a ***** all the time an he was ok with that because I acknowledge my crazy behaviour and I couldn't help it. Hope that helps a bit. You will be fine. X 

lol I understand although Im not so much angry as just feeling really nervous all the time. Sort of like Ive been caught doing something wrong. I guess its that apprehension that something might go wrong or I might make the wrong decision with regards to size etc. Im just over 2 weeks pre-op. Ive also been having very weird dreams. 

Hope your feeling a bit better :)

Perfectly normal to get emotional, l am sure we all go through wtf am l doing lol. Try to find an outlet, l found exercising helped although it made me lose a fair bit of weigh though pre op, something l really didn't need to do lol. Just keep yourself super busy and hopefully that will avoid conflict with your loved ones! Good luck. :)

My hubby had to remind me yesterday that I have a week to go :D I have a full plate at the moment with work/kids/hobbies so haven't had much time to think about the surgery. It's probably a good thing as the one night a few weeks ago that I went to bed thinking about it, I nearly drove myself insane. I plan to therefore keep busy until the day of surgery. 

I'll probably be more of a mess post-op :|

Before we accomplish any big dream in our lives, we go through a time when we question if this is what we really want. I think a little bit of "stage fright" is good. I did the same thing before my BA. I knew I had made the right decision for me and my body but little doubts kept creeping in. I realised it was just my mind playing games with me. I knew logically that if getting a BA was not for me, I would never have booked myself in for surgery. All will be fine. :)

I'm feeling emotional aswell. I've had a shocking week, with my daughter being rushed into hospital by ambulance and fairly seriously ill with pneumonia and asthma. This has thrown me totally and i fell totally run down, overwhelmed, stressed and emotional. I feel uncertain as to what I'm doing, have thought about postponing etc... on top of everything else I then picked up a hospital bug and am on antibiotics. I think it'll be cleared by the time I have my surgery. They won't operate if it hasn't. 

I think the way to go it to think about how much time you've thought about this, and how much research you have put in, and how you wouldn't have gone down that road in the first place if you didn't really want this. Honestly, I just want the surgery over with, so I can get to the next stage. the waiting is a killer. Makes everything more stressful and nerve wracking.

I'm just trying to eat well and get sleep prior to surgery as much as possible, and not think about it too much. Its hard though isn't it?

Before we accomplish any big dream in our lives, we go through a time when we question if this is what we really want. I think a little bit of "stage fright" is good. I did the same thing before my BA. I knew I had made the right decision for me and my body but little doubts kept creeping in. I realised it was just my mind playing games with me. I knew logically that if getting a BA was not for me, I would never have booked myself in for surgery. All will be fine. :)

What she said....totally agree.

I am so sorry to hear of your daughter being so sick, Timeforchange. My son had pneumonia at the age of 8 years old. He was pretty sick. Nothing like life throwing a few curveballs when you least need it! I hope your daughter recovers quickly and with you with your bug. Take care of yourself.

I was really happy in the end as I had a holiday in the USA and got back the day before surgery so hadn't thought about it for three weeks while away and no time for nerves just got ready beforehand and went into hospital. I am an over thinker too I think so being distracted by my holiday worked for me. I agree with the advice about exercise etc. there isn't anything you need to think about anymore so I just tried not to. Kept so busy slept well as so tired etc. Its normal to stress but nothing really to stress - enjoy the time to focus on you for a change! 

I am so sorry to hear of your daughter being so sick, Timeforchange. My son had pneumonia at the age of 8 years old. He was pretty sick. Nothing like life throwing a few curveballs when you least need it! I hope your daughter recovers quickly and with you with your bug. Take care of yourself.

Thanks for your thoughts PinkButterfly..it has been a very stressful time indeed. She's back at school now and my antibiotics are working so I'm trying to be positive and plan that surgery will go ahead as planned next week - eek! Had a proper heart to heart with husband last night about all the stress of her being sick etc.. ( he was away overseas), and feel much better about it all now. Sometimes you just have to have a little pep talk with yourself and refocus.

Distraction  is the way I reckon, it really struck a chord with me what bikinichic said, I do feel like I'm about to be caught doing something wrong. Mostly thats probably because I haven't told any of my family, and thats different to normal. But I know they wouldn't support it, and would judge me and to be honest its not their business. I've never doubted not telling them, but it does feel illicit the way its all a bit secretive... I just want it done now so I can get on with recovery and having the boobs I used to have ( plus a bit more ):0)

Thanks for your thoughts PinkButterfly..it has been a very stressful time indeed. She's back at school now and my antibiotics are working so I'm trying to be positive and plan that surgery will go ahead as planned next week - eek! Had a proper heart to heart with husband last night about all the stress of her being sick etc.. ( he was away overseas), and feel much better about it all now. Sometimes you just have to have a little pep talk with yourself and refocus.

Distraction  is the way I reckon, it really struck a chord with me what bikinichic said, I do feel like I'm about to be caught doing something wrong. Mostly thats probably because I haven't told any of my family, and thats different to normal. But I know they wouldn't support it, and would judge me and to be honest its not their business. I've never doubted not telling them, but it does feel illicit the way its all a bit secretive... I just want it done now so I can get on with recovery and having the boobs I used to have ( plus a bit more ):0)

I can understand what you are saying re feeling like it is a guilty secret you are keeping from others. I felt that too. But for me, the "bush telegraph" through the extended family and their judgement was not what I needed at the time. So I only told a few people. Plus having 2 daughters I did question whether I was being a good role model as their mother and also as a woman with making the choice of having my boobs done. But my logical mind told me that I do a lot for my family and friends, and not very much for myself. A lot of my time has also gone into my son who is a high needs child and he also has some health problems. He's a teenager now so when he became stable with things, I knew it was the right time to get my BA done. Also I thought about the choices our grandmother and mothers had in their day. Plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery was not a huge thing to do for things like boobs etc. But I realised that my own daughters will have even more choices than me when they are adults themselves. So while I did feel that guilt too, I knew deep down that I had the right to do something for myself. And you know what? I have no regrets and I am so glad that I made the choice to have a BA. I feel more confident and womanly now. This doorway between pre-surgery and after surgery is difficult. It is a major decision. But with every dream comes great doubts. For me, going through with a BA was worth the doubts. You will get through this time. :)

I can understand what you are saying re feeling like it is a guilty secret you are keeping from others. I felt that too. But for me, the "bush telegraph" through the extended family and their judgement was not what I needed at the time. So I only told a few people. Plus having 2 daughters I did question whether I was being a good role model as their mother and also as a woman with making the choice of having my boobs done. But my logical mind told me that I do a lot for my family and friends, and not very much for myself. A lot of my time has also gone into my son who is a high needs child and he also has some health problems. He's a teenager now so when he became stable with things, I knew it was the right time to get my BA done. Also I thought about the choices our grandmother and mothers had in their day. Plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery was not a huge thing to do for things like boobs etc. But I realised that my own daughters will have even more choices than me when they are adults themselves. So while I did feel that guilt too, I knew deep down that I had the right to do something for myself. And you know what? I have no regrets and I am so glad that I made the choice to have a BA. I feel more confident and womanly now. This doorway between pre-surgery and after surgery is difficult. It is a major decision. But with every dream comes great doubts. For me, going through with a BA was worth the doubts. You will get through this time. :)

Such helpful, kind words, thank you.

You now what, you are totally right. I do a lot for my family and my extended family. And I am so not used to acceptably putting myself first that it probably just feels wrong, when in fact its probably the most right thing there is to do. As far as role models to daughters ( I have 2 plus one step daughter ),I love your thoughts on this, and how many options they will have in the future. Perhaps having my BA will model to them that they can and should put themselves first sometimes. As you say...this "doorway between pre and after surgery" is a killer. It is a major decision, and its like the last chance to back out...second guess and doubt what you're doing. But I'm not thinking of backing out, I'm all in...just very nervous. I just want it doing to move on to the next stage. 

Thanks again xx

lol I understand although Im not so much angry as just feeling really nervous all the time. Sort of like Ive been caught doing something wrong. I guess its that apprehension that something might go wrong or I might make the wrong decision with regards to size etc. Im just over 2 weeks pre-op. Ive also been having very weird dreams. 

Hope your feeling a bit better :)

The weird dreams have cranked up a notch for me too. Not ideal