Sjay

Just had my review with my PS- feeling confused!!

Hi ladies:)

just had my 9 week review with my PS and expressed my concern about the gap between my implants and asked whether they would come closer together anymore... He said they prob won't and they are pretty much settled now and agreed that the gap between is bigger than desirable!😫 Said he would be able to fit a bigger implant in now!😏  Then said see my again in 6 months and I could then go bigger if I wanted, prob only from my 255 to 295/325 though! Said my private health would cover it?? Problem is I don't even have private health cover! Say I did though, has anyone else been in a similar situation... Is it free to go bigger after 12 months if you're not satisfied with them?!?!

Hi ladies:)

just had my 9 week review with my PS and expressed my concern about the gap between my implants and asked whether they would come closer together anymore... He said they prob won't and they are pretty much settled now and agreed that the gap between is bigger than desirable!😫 Said he would be able to fit a bigger implant in now!😏  Then said see my again in 6 months and I could then go bigger if I wanted, prob only from my 255 to 295/325 though! Said my private health would cover it?? Problem is I don't even have private health cover! Say I did though, has anyone else been in a similar situation... Is it free to go bigger after 12 months if you're not satisfied with them?!?!

i am confused? 9 weeks is way too early to judge a final result. This is a 12 month healing process. You only need to look at the d&f post on here to see how much change happens after 9 weeks

I agree with overthinkingit it is a 12 month healing process and way too early to say that,  i saw my ps on wed at 7 wks and he said many changes to happen yet and next appointment is 6 months but really need to give 12 months to really heal and settle. I wish i was bigger too but went max i could and then you look at the d and f thread and the changes are worth the wait to see 😊

I was told upgrades were not covered by private health. I had cc so the cost of my implants was covered and my lift was deemed medically necessary so I got to claim rebates however I was still out of pocket. 

When I had to go back (left refused to drop and my right didn't lift up enough) my ps waived his fee. He charged me the scheduled fee which I got back from Medicare. I don't remember if I paid OR or anaesthesia though. 

Does your ps have his own operating rooms? I don't see how it would be free even if he waived his fee. I also agree you're still very early and have lots of changes ahead of you. 

Is it maybe classed as a revision?? I read somewhere about some PS doing revisions for free within the first 12 months?

I have a good at least 3cm gap between my implants and he said that it is unlikely to get smaller and that the end result would be a 3cm gap but he would be able to put a bigger implant in next time?? The 3cm gap just looks hideous! He showed me my before pictures and it seems my body is not very symmetrical, one side of my chest is narrower than the other, he put both left side images together and it created perfect positioning for creating a cleavage so maybe I am just never going to be able to achieve one due to my anatomy :( Feeling really fed up after spending 14k and still not being happy about my chest 

Who was your surgeon Sjay?

Usually, with a bigger implant you can give the skin and tissue time to stretch and then pop in a much larger implant. 50cc won't do much at all. I have a larger gap than I would like as well so I know, it's a bit frustrating but a lot of it is due to underlying anatomy. You're still early post op so hopefully things will change.