vlinder

no body massage, no sex ?

Hi girls, this is a 'curly' one , but would love your opinion.

I have been advised by the nurse of my PS clinic that I am not allowed my regular body massage for 4 month post op, ok, I understand, however does that mean no sex either for 4 month??           Surely there is not a great deal of difference i.e. pressure etc. etc. ?           I have not been advised NOT to have sex, perhaps my PS thinks I am to old for that anyway ;) lol !!

I am rather intrigued about this, any thoughts girls ?

Hahaha the sex question i actually didnt wait a week and omg i thought my chest was going to explode. The main issue is heart rate i was told and mine was beating like a bongo drum. But the bounce also was a little too much so early on so i think i waited another week or two but 4 months is a long time to wait 😮

My surgeon didn't say anything about sex and I didn't ask lol. I was 5 days post op when I had sex but I was still really sore and basically just laid there holding my boobs lol. It wasn't the most exciting sex haha. But all surgeons seem to be different in what they recommend sex wise. I would be careful though not to get your heart rate or blood pressure up too much though as this can increase your chances of a bleed (nurse here lol) and they can be pretty serious. 

yep, blood pressure etc, I can accept that, old nurse here also, but for the love of me I can't understand the 'no massage' rule.

Honestly what about a 80 - 95 kg (if your lucky) body on top ?      I know, to much information, but surely that's much riskier??

Yes, I am also in THAT boat however, the thoughts are changing about that as lymph nodes are constantly 'at work'.

The S A cancer council are rather 'pro' massage, (I am a qlder) and decided post diagnosis to cont. with my massages.

I had a massage and also a chiropractic adjustment at about 3 weeks PO. I told both that I'd recently had breast surgery.  My massage therapist put pillows either side of my boobs (so they had a hollow to sit in) and my chiropractor was just really careful with the pressure he used on my back.  Both were fine. 

With regard to sex I would say "if it hurts, stop".  Perhaps not the full weight of your partner on your boobs for awhile.  It's one thing having the weight on you (my hubby is 93 kg), but another thing altogether when the weight is full on you and then he moves/slides and your boobs get pushed and pulled in different directions.  Not good.  Not only that but you're definitely not going to enjoy it at all if it's hurting or you're scared of getting hurt.

Go for different positions.  For the first few weeks we did things like me lying on my back, propped up on my pillows with him on his side and my legs over him.  This way there was no pressure on my boobs and I felt safe from harm.  I was even able to orgasm within a few days PO although I did feel like my boobs were going to explode when I tensed up.  Hahahaha, sorry..... too much information!!!  ;)

No, this is good info Cathy, after all no one knows us, and we are ALL grown ups !       I am seeing my PS soon and will check with him, perhaps his nurse was super careful, and I guess with all my bad luck I can understand that.

Thank you, x

I had a massage today :) I was going to ask about a sitting massage but the ladies at one of my favourite massage clinics suggested going on my side, swapping over to make sure both sides were treated :D I still prefer a tummy down massage but at 2 week PO, I'm stoked that I had some form of massage!

20 hours ago, Snack2015 said:

I had a massage today :) I was going to ask about a sitting massage but the ladies at one of my favourite massage clinics suggested going on my side, swapping over to make sure both sides were treated :D I still prefer a tummy down massage but at 2 week PO, I'm stoked that I had some form of massage!

Nothing beats the face in the doughnut!!  tomorrow is my turn, finally!