Hi Guys, 

I'm planning on going to Thailand for Rhinoplasty and I'm hoping someone could give me a run through of their experience with Dr Montien? He seems to have no negative reviews and a lot of positive so I'm leaning towards him. 

I've seen a few posts with regards to going through tour groups but can anyone tell me if they've been direct? Without a tour company? Price differences maybe? I've been to Thailand on holiday a few times and I'm quite savvy with flights and accommodation and have a good handle on the atmosphere, how not to get ripped off by cab and tuk tuk drivers etc. so I'm confident enough to go it alone (unless someone wants to join me on this quiet adventure that I'm not telling most of my friends and family about? I'd welcome the company from a fellow silent surgery goer).

My second child is only a few months old and my husband works in the mines and gets two weeks off so once I can time things at home right then I'm going over. To give you an idea, my last trip over was in Feb last year and I flew from the Gold Coast via Singapore to Bangkok return and paid $498AUD for flights and then $272 for 8 nights, 5 star accommodation in Ratchathewi and I'm not sure if going through a tour company would be the best value for money. Only issue is, I've never had surgery over there so it's new territory for me which is why I'm asking if anyone has been direct to Dr Montien or got direct quotes and tour quotes I could maybe compare with?

I'm also planning on a tummy tuck and breast augmentation but I'm trying to be patient about that until my body settles from pregnancy - That and I don't want to have to recover from all three things at once as I imagine the rhinoplasty is gonna be a challenge all on its own.

Any advice or experiences or quotes or comparisons would be so greatly appreciated! 

Cheers!

I was going for interview with him directly, and I will be scheduling surgery on my own. NO problems at all, contact the hospital (head up, he works in Samitivej Sukmovit and Bumrungrad, so write price requests to both, as there is some serious price difference).

I can't see how rhino cost 60,000 baht in one of the replies, the hospitals set the fees and for Dr Montien it's about  165,000 baht which includes package of consult before, 2-3 consults post op, 2 nights accom hospital, all meds, anaesthetist, blood tests. Dr Montien will not do 2-3 procedures at once, if it's rhino it's rhino not breast aug etc at the same time. He is a very cautious doctor that has a high concern for patients. Dr Montien only works at Samitvej Sukumvit hospital and World Medical Centre. 

Hi ShinningStar

What sort of Rhinoplasty did you have? Lotus Medical advertise 30,000 baht for augmetation and 150 for reduction.
I need to have the tip fixed as it is now droopy and fat removed and some haematoma remove at the top.

So I assume it is nose reduction and 150,000 baht. 

Thank you