cj27

For ladies in Phuket already

What is the best way to pay piac? 

I have heard that bringing cash and exchanging over there is best.  But I'm nervous to bring 10k cash 😳

Where are decent exchange booths or banks? 

Is the rate really better there? 

Any experiences are appreciated 😘

So glad you asked this- I'm literally just sorting this out now- I was going to take my card over and just pay like that, but now have been informed that my limit is 2000 for savings but I can still use the credit option??? Not sure- have you considered the Australian bank transfer? 

If you use credit I think it will be fine but make sure the limit on your card is at least 9k. 

I read somewhere that another girl had probs with the card and kept declining. I don't want that nightmare so I'll take the cash. I messaged piac and they recommend just popping into jungceylong mall and exchanging. 

Havent thought about the Aus xfer. 

Not long for us now kara 😊

That's the name of the shopping centre in staying right near... Yeah I was gong to do that but I don't think I will have time I arrive 10pm and my pre op is that next morning then surgery??? If asked the girls on the fb page a lot of them seem to take cash over and exchange it....

I just transferred it today into there Westpac account I saved $100 as its a good rate 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

karajd88,

Are you going through a agency or did you book in with the hospital yourself? I have gone with a agency but would like to just transfer the money into there westpac account as would be a lot less stressful. 

Hi icequeen69- I went through the hospital myself. The hospital send you all the different methods of paying with very clear instructions. Is it too late to tell the company you don't want to use them. I started using a company and even after they sent me surgeons recommendations I told them I didn't want to use them and just booked directly with ppsi (previously PIAC) 

Hi ladies, I have decided to go overseas to have all my procedures done, and looking at Plastic Surgery Phuket, Dr Thanakom, or Meditours or Cosmeditours. Can any of you help me out on what way to go. Who is PIAC? I think it is Plastic Surgery Phuket? New to all of this os stuff. Wanting a reduction plus implants, top eye lids, TT, Lipo. Would that be too much for the first time? Any advice help would be appreciated 😃TIA

Hey I booked myself straight through PIAC but they are changing the name to PPSI. It's very simple you just contact them directly explain what you want done, if you have specific dr you want to request let them know, send all the correct photos and then they will send you the Dr recommendation. The dr will let you know if it can be all done in one procedure or you need to spread it out over a couple of procedures. Once you have your dates you book your flights and accomodation. There is a secret Facebook page for PPSI girls and everyone is so supportive as well as this forum. The staff send you all the information regarding payment/ info on when to stop medication etc. you can email them any questions you have and they get back to within the day usually. 

The organise to pick you up from the airport and take you to all your appointments then drop you back at the airport for your returne home. 

Hope that helps 😀

Hi @cj27 i had aa standard BA 6 weeks ago and paid cash. Was so easy and id definately recommend doing that if you feel comfortable doing so.  I booked straight through ppsi (formerly piac) arrived in the evening and was picked up by their driver. The next morning before my appointment i went for a walk in patong where there were no less than 50 exchamge booths! I got a great rate and was charged no fees etc. Hope this helps as banks dont give the best exchamge and sometimes yoi can be lobbed with lots of fees on cards xx just do your research and do what you're comfortable with xx 

@karajd88 i went straight through hospital too (travelling by myself) and couldn't fault them! 

11 hours ago, karajd88 said:

Hey I booked myself straight through PIAC but they are changing the name to PPSI. It's very simple you just contact them directly explain what you want done, if you have specific dr you want to request let them know, send all the correct photos and then they will send you the Dr recommendation. The dr will let you know if it can be all done in one procedure or you need to spread it out over a couple of procedures. Once you have your dates you book your flights and accomodation. There is a secret Facebook page for PPSI girls and everyone is so supportive as well as this forum. The staff send you all the information regarding payment/ info on when to stop medication etc. you can email them any questions you have and they get back to within the day usually. 

The organise to pick you up from the airport and take you to all your appointments then drop you back at the airport for your returne home. 

Hope that helps 😀

How can I join the secret group Karajd88? What surgeon did you use?  So many questions lol