SophieP117

Too scared to take off bra

Hey everyone.. I don't know if this sounds crazy or not but I had my surgery Thursday afternoon and I'm still too scared to take my bra off! I think I'm going to soon so i can have a proper bath/shower but I've read that some people feel like the implant is going to fall out or and it can be painful when they first take it off so I'm way too scared.. Have lots of people experienced this? 

I have heard people say the same but I honestly felt soooo much better without any compression. Anything that held me tight was super uncomfortable. But I had a small implant so maybe that makes a difference. 

The reward is that when you finally get a look at your new girls, you'll be so excited that you'll forget about any discomfort and it will be worth mustering up the courage to take it off and finally seeing your boobies (and finally getting a proper shower). Just beware of shower jets hitting your nipples....ooowwweeee!! 😳

I saw Dr M too and didn't take my bra off to shower for the first 24 hours because I was also scared it was going to be painful but it's actually not. Just have the water running first, towel close by and take the bra off very slowly and have it even hanging for a little bit. It doesn't hurt, it just felt like a reduction in compression in the chest and the skin is just a little sensitive. I had my back to the water most of the time and just let the water trickle down the front over my boobies and then as I got more comfortable just turned around a little. 

I saw Dr M too and didn't take my bra off to shower for the first 24 hours because I was also scared it was going to be painful but it's actually not. Just have the water running first, towel close by and take the bra off very slowly and have it even hanging for a little bit. It doesn't hurt, it just felt like a reduction in compression in the chest and the skin is just a little sensitive. I had my back to the water most of the time and just let the water trickle down the front over my boobies and then as I got more comfortable just turned around a little. 

Thanks ladies! I had a nice cool bath and very very slowly took off my bra and after a few minutes I was used to not having the bra on. A little bit uncomfortable but nothing as bad as I was expecting. They look so weird!!! Haha since hopping out and getting dressed again I feel so much better and much more relaxed :) 

It is a strange feeling. Everything feels new. But as you continue to heal, you will begin to feel better about everything. A shower or a bath can make you feel so much more human again! :)

definitely agree with you on that one :) my least favourite part now is touching them.. I absolutely hate it because I can't feel anything so that makes it feel weird.. If that makes any sense haha