Rhiannon

Friends consult at TCI

Hey guys, 

i just wanted to put a thread up about what occurred at my friends BA consult. She asked me to go with her because she knew she would get nervous and forget questions she wanted to ask. So I did. 

Firstly, we are met by a receptionist who takes us through pre and post op details... Fair enough... Then the door is knocked on and no one replies... She continues telling my friend about things she needs to know and just as she's finished there's another knock. It's the dr. I don't want to say names in case I get in trouble for it. 

She goes into the next office and the first thing out of this Dr's mouth is that he's running very late and is behind. Great. Then he asks my friend why she is at TCI and why she wants a BA which she explained. He then asked if he had been sent photos (yes) and what did he say as a response... Is he kidding? 

He goes through the motions. Literally. The motions. Touches briefly on the risks of surgery, post op care etc but without giving room or time for further questions to be asked. He then gets her to try sizers on (I'm there trying to madly write everything down for her on the question sheet she has) and he's getting cross with me because I'm trying to clarify what he's saying for her. She's a stunned mullet at this point. 

He basically told her that he would recommend anything higher than a 450cc HP (didn't explain the difference between profiles, I had to do that in the car) because he doesn't believe it will be "any good" for her. 

while in the consult he also called her old, broad, a big lady, said she wasn't "far off needing a lift due to age" and multiple other things that if it had of been me I would have been in tears with my self image crushed further. It's not that things he said weren't true, just the way he said it was insensitive  she's 31 with no kids btw.

She asked me what my honest opinion was and I said "IF" it were me. I would be going back and trying on sizers without him present (she has booked a time to do this) and possibly ask to see a different surgeon. Unfortunately there is the choice of only two, so I hope the other one is A LOT nicer. 

I'm not sure if the way he did things is standard practice with surgeons, so tell me if I'm over reacting, but I was so shocked with the whole consult. 

Rhi xx 

I went to the cosmetic institute for my first BA. I found the consult quite the same, very rushed, very quick and not informative. 

I travelled interstate so had my surgery the next day. After leaving the consult I felt more confused then before going in there.

Anyway my boobs ended up looking ugly as anything naked. But I also needed a lift which I went without (which I'm not blaming on them that my boobs were ugly). But they weren't really there to provide support either. I had a few problems after wards which turned out to be nothing but I had to follow up everything myself and everytime I contacted them just felt like I was bothering them.

I went to a plastic surgeon for my second BA.

Much better experience compared to TCI.

I would urge your friend to see a PS, they're honestly not that much more expensive. 

Hey 

I'm so sorry to hear that. For everything, that's really not cool... I'm glad everything is fine now though

Problem is that she has finance approved only to TCI... I've tried and tried to get her to see a PS and she just won't budge. I've told her my surgeon is only 2.5k more (which is a lot I know but still) and is a qualified PS. She's stuck on TCI because of all the nice photos she's seen. In tops. Never naked. 

I think she's rushing getting hers done because I'm getting mine done a month earlier... I just don't want her ending up with 6k boobs she hates

I went with Dr. Harwood and while he is a cosmetic surgeon, I find him in the first consult through to the last checkup to be engaging and informative. He answered every one of my questions in a respectful matter. He was also very honest about my outcome re my natural gap etc. I also brought a friend along with me to my consult. She was pleasantly surprised to see he actually looked at my face when we discussed things and found his bedside manner to be very high. I am really sorry to hear of your friend's experience. She must feel so overwhelmed. She is lucky to have you explaining things and trying to get her to see the reality of the procedure. I agree with you that it sounds like she needs to have a few more consults with other PS before she makes a decision. Rushing into such a major life decision is only a recipe for disaster. I truly hope she listens to you.

Edited by pink butterfly

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's experience. Unfortunately a lot of girls have found it to be like a factory-line but others have been happy with their experience. My concern would be if he was that rushed then, would he be also rushing the surgery and would he have any time or inclination to assist with any complications. And a LOT of TCI girls have had complications, there is a whole Facebook group of them. 

If she got finance through TCI she would probably also be able to get a personal loan through a bank which would be lower interest as well. The lower interest would save her money so she could afford to spend more initially. If you're in Sydney, Dr Jake Lim is very  affordable. 

As an aside, I got 3 consults. Two were an hour long, one nearly two hours. The surgeon I picked then did two more 3im consults and said I could come back again if needed. He saw me post op on recovery then the following day before I was discharged. I saw him at one week, 6 weeks, 3 months and I have another review soon. I also had a concern at 2 weeks and he squeezed me in then. I really don't think that level of post op care is unreasonable to expect if you're seeing a good, reputable surgeon. 

He sounds awful, i dont know why your friend would even go back to him :( surely there are others around same price or similar price like the breast institute. 

My ps that i went with was very patient, i had my 2 yr old with me and she was trying to annihilate herself by running into his giant mirror etc and he waited kindly while i sat her on my phone so i could focus on my questions. They shoukd show some sort of compassion or kindness. 

Thanks everyone. It's good to know I'm not over reacting. I just think if you're paying that large a sum of money... They should treat you with respect.

Actually. They should treat you with respect whether you're paying or not. 

Im going to try again to sway her to not see a CS and go see a PS. She doesn't even want much done. She just wants her boobs to have fuller upper pole. He made it seem like it was a waste of time and that he prefers to operate on skinny little girls that are completely flat. 

I feel so bad for your friend Rhiannon! And can I just say what an amazing friend you are to go with her to ask questions and make sure she's seeing the right surgeon..How sweet are you!! :) I just wanted to let you know so you could tell your friend that I had my surgery on the gold coast with the most amaziing PLASTIC surgeon -  2 of them actually. Dr. Layt and Dr. theo. They talked me through the entire process, spent so much time answering my questions and made me feel comfortable. I couldn't recommend them more! AND my surgery was only around $6,000 - not all Plastic surgeons are 10k+ anymore! I went through cosmedi tour and im pretty sure they have surgeons in sydney now if thats where you are. Anyway, I hope you find some one who makes your friend comfortable.. :)  

Thanks Rachel, I just don't want her going in blind or not knowing what she's in for. I guess because my research has become obsessive she was relying on me way too much as well. 

I will let her know that info and go from there. It's just a shame she feels like she has to go with TCI... 

We are both based in Brisbane too. Sorry for any confusion 

You're just trying to make sure she's making the right/safest decision like a great friend! 

Honestly I have heard a lot of negative things about TCI - just about the before and aftercare really - just word of mouth. If she isn't comfortable, change surgeons its not worth it, the process is stressful enough! 

Oh if you're in Brisbane thats perfect! The Hospital I was in was great too! Worth looking in to it hun. 

All the best!!! xxxx

She really needs to be going with a surgeon she is comfortable with, l would not be parting money to an a**hole like that! At best if she won't get a consult with a plastic surgeon at least see someone else at TCI. 

No point rushing into something she may regret. 

There are plenty of surgeons now that are around the 6-7k mark 
Jake Lim

Benjamin Norris

Breast Academy

Breast Institute

They are just off the top of my head

But honestly, if your friend is not far off needing a lift then I would strongly urge her to at least have a consult with another surgeon.

She very likely will need at least some sort of dual plane placement which they may or may not do at TCI. Borderline cases are much more difficult then your average cut and stuff boob jobs.

A few extra dollars now will most likely save her lots more $$ in the future

Hi, if she is set on going with TCI she should ask for another consultation.. when the surgeon is not rushed. 

You're just trying to make sure she's making the right/safest decision like a great friend! 

Honestly I have heard a lot of negative things about TCI - just about the before and aftercare really - just word of mouth. If she isn't comfortable, change surgeons its not worth it, the process is stressful enough! 

Oh if you're in Brisbane thats perfect! The Hospital I was in was great too! Worth looking in to it hun. 

All the best!!! xxxx

She really needs to be going with a surgeon she is comfortable with, l would not be parting money to an a**hole like that! At best if she won't get a consult with a plastic surgeon at least see someone else at TCI. 

No point rushing into something she may regret. 

There are plenty of surgeons now that are around the 6-7k mark 
Jake Lim

Benjamin Norris

Breast Academy

Breast Institute

They are just off the top of my head

But honestly, if your friend is not far off needing a lift then I would strongly urge her to at least have a consult with another surgeon.

She very likely will need at least some sort of dual plane placement which they may or may not do at TCI. Borderline cases are much more difficult then your average cut and stuff boob jobs.

A few extra dollars now will most likely save her lots more $$ in the future

hey guys, 

So after I bugged her this morning to call them, she did, and spoke to the receptionists about the way she felt about the consult and her want to change surgeons. 

They have rescheduled her with the other CS next weds but around the same time. I will be straight on to any poor form by him and I won't be shy to say something this time. 

I had another chat about CS v PS and she is a stubborn person. Once she has her mind set on something she's going for it. So... She's staying with TCI even though I have recommended all of the above to her 

she knows if I had stuck to my guns about TCI I would have used this surgeon and not the one we saw yesterday. There's not enough work of surgeon 1's that I can find/see/like. But even then all the work I have seen is all in a bra! Not good enough for me! She's her own person though and she's more concerned how they will look in a bra than out of one so I guess that's what matters to her. I love her guts but she's a pain 😂

Surgeon 1 also said they would use dual plane as the was to give her the augmentation due to her breast size/shape etc so let's see if surgeon 2 says the same hey?

Edited by Rhiannon

@donatella No she doesn't. She's not the "what if" sort of person but she has taken out the CC guarantees that they "offer". My worry is - why do they offer this when no one else does? Suspicious to me. I can't do all the leg work for her and she expects me too. Research your op yourself and go in armed with facts!!! 

I don't like the fact that they are "ok" to Skype her post op appointments... With nurses... Or she can email in pics. No.. I'll be making sure I see my surgeon at every post op appt because I need to know and I will always have a million questions. 

They are very "cut and stuff" and publish only good looking pics. A lot of girls from TCI that I know went there (a few friends) all have lost complete sensation in their nipples... Even after 12 months they have nothing. Which is worrying. But maybe not for her?

Ps: I don't seem to sound judgemental. I'm just frustrated at her lack of research, understanding and willingness to shop around or even consider a different surgeon. CS or PS it doesn't matter. 

I just don't want her regretting the decision 😫

Free $490 per girl that takes it out basically. She's going to cancel it and think on it. They give you 3 months to decide if you want to take it out or not so she said most likely she will just give it some thought between now and whenever 3 months is and go from there...

@donatella No she doesn't. She's not the "what if" sort of person but she has taken out the CC guarantees that they "offer". My worry is - why do they offer this when no one else does? Suspicious to me. I can't do all the leg work for her and she expects me too. Research your op yourself and go in armed with facts!!! 

I don't like the fact that they are "ok" to Skype her post op appointments... With nurses... Or she can email in pics. No.. I'll be making sure I see my surgeon at every post op appt because I need to know and I will always have a million questions. 

They are very "cut and stuff" and publish only good looking pics. A lot of girls from TCI that I know went there (a few friends) all have lost complete sensation in their nipples... Even after 12 months they have nothing. Which is worrying. But maybe not for her?

Ps: I don't seem to sound judgemental. I'm just frustrated at her lack of research, understanding and willingness to shop around or even consider a different surgeon. CS or PS it doesn't matter. 

I just don't want her regretting the decision 😫

What a wonderful friend you are to care so much for her and go to this extent to help her through the BA process. If she is that determined, what else can you do? I pray that everything works out for her. But if it doesn't, then hopefully she will take responsibility for the choices she made.

Thanks Rachel, I just don't want her going in blind or not knowing what she's in for. I guess because my research has become obsessive she was relying on me way too much as well. 

I will let her know that info and go from there. It's just a shame she feels like she has to go with TCI... 

hi girls, can you plz recommend a best sergeon in bri? Thanks

On 17 February 2016 at 10:50 AM, Rhiannon said:
On 17 February 2016 at 10:50 AM, Rhiannon said:

what was the name that dr? How's your friend going, what decision she made about ba in bri?