Kty25

Post op bloat

I had the same issue, inwent from having abs to being mistaken as pregnant.

I ended up taking some soft laxatives for about 3 days and that helped a lot.

I'll have to give them another go, I took 2 lastnight and nothing's happened yet. Been drinking loads of water too. I'm hoping it's gone by 2 weeks when I have to go back to work lol

Would lemon in your water help at all. You could try adding cucumber and mint (my nana swears by parsley, not mint, but ew!) I find it helps me de bloat 

you could also try good old Eno (do they still make it?) but you'll probably be farting and burping like a trooper 😂

I woke up the 2nd day post op 4kg heavier! None of my clothes fit and I looked terrible and to make it worse I didn't bloat evenly I looked like a caterpillar with bumps and lumps all up my torso and hips. I kept my meals light and drank lots of water and herbal teas and it was gone within two weeks (worst of it was over in the first week). I needed laxatives too to counteract the constipation from the pain killers. 

Only time will help sadly but keep up the water! After a week I'm starting to look normal but I avoided heavy starchy food and had green juices quite a bit (and water). Also, a plastic surgeon said it makes sense for our mid section to cop some of the swelling up top because of gravity. 

Im two weeks and just started to look normal, just drink heaps of water and move around as much as you can.

It was actually the side effect I felt worst about, I jad hardly any pain but I honestly looked like I was about to give birth and had to borrow my moms size 16/18 clothes (Im usually a 10). It was insane lol

Wow I'm im kind of glad I'm not the only one that feels this bloat so badly. So loads of water it is, I took another round of lax last night and still nothing! I still feel so heavy and pregnant. Atleast by the sounds of it around 2 weeks it should be gone.

Mine was horrible! It lasted about 3 weeks, then one morning I woke up and it was gone. I was a size 10 pre op, struggled to squeeze into 12's post op and then once the bloating went I was an 8. 

Try to just eat properly and look after yourself, once the bloating was gone I had gained almost 1kg in boobs but lost 5kg on the scales. 

I gained 3.5 kilos straight after surgery and was bloated for about a week.  I've just kept up my normal diet, healthy but not restricting anything, still eating carbs etc.  I'm now 2 weeks PO and weigh 55.9 kg which is 900g heavier than before I went in so I'm thinking that's all boob :)

I took laxatives every morning while I was taking Endone, so for about 5 days

Kty25,  how's your pain?  Unless you really need them I would stay well away from the heavy pain meds.  I never take them with surgeries as they make the bloating sooooo much worse.  The GA is always bad for bloating you up too.

I can suggest you get yourself some prunes or prune juice and get into that.  You'll feel so much better once you can have a decent poo.

Kty25,  how's your pain?  Unless you really need them I would stay well away from the heavy pain meds.  I never take them with surgeries as they make the bloating sooooo much worse.  The GA is always bad for bloating you up too.

I can suggest you get yourself some prunes or prune juice and get into that.  You'll feel so much better once you can have a decent poo.

Pear juice does the same but tastes nicer. I ended up really liking prune juice after about two weeks of choking it down 😂

Check out the bloat. And that's trying to hold it in 

image.jpeg

holy moley!

Don't forget that a large portion of the bloat is water weight, if you had an iv drip then they no doubt have pumped you full of saline! It sounds weird, but more water will help, your body uses that water to flush out any residue from the GA and the drugs you're taking. It will subside. Hooray for kidneys!