Brinos

BL - Miroshnik

Hey ladies,

I have my breast lift/reduction booked for the 5th April with Dr Miroshnik and still have a couple of kilos to lose, he has recommended that I do have enough breast tissue to only require a lift. I don't want to be one of those people that thinks they know more than their surgeon but I feel like because of the weight I have lost and am still losing my boobs are shrinking and after the lift/reduction they'll be tiny! I'm a D-DD always have been (maybe an E when I was at my highest weight) and he has advised that I will be a large C/small D post op. 

I am also worried about not having the upper pole I want as I have absolutely no upper pole at the moment! 

Have any ladies had similar stats and could help to calm my nerves that I'm not going to be  flat chested! Although he has told me we can decide on implants at the pre op consult if I have completely deflated... And I do trust him completely, I think I'm just getting nervous even though I'm still 6 weeks or so out 😁

xo

Hi Brinos, I am exactly the same I have always been either a full D or DD like you sometimes an E depending on bra, he also has said that I have enough breast tissue to just go for a BL but I want to return to a full DD. He was very hesitant to even quote it but I sent more pics through of my breast spoke to Sasha and then he added the aug quote. He advised I would get sagging reasonable quickly as implants ar heavy so would deed a good bra always but Im 46 & am not interested in strutting my bare chest around anyway and have always worn a bra even to sleep in for as long as I can remember. So although I do take on board what he has said I am going to insist on getting my breasts back to where they were with an upper pole which I don't have any of now. I am also having a tt hernia repair & muscle repair too & booked for 27th May. I hope this helps. We will obviously discuss this further when I get to pre op however he is now aware I am happy to accept the sagging ( an easy bra fix ) to get the volume & look back

On 20 February 2016 at 0:55 PM, pearlhobbes said:

Hi Brinos, I am exactly the same I have always been either a full D or DD like you sometimes an E depending on bra, he also has said that I have enough breast tissue to just go for a BL but I want to return to a full DD. He was very hesitant to even quote it but I sent more pics through of my breast spoke to Sasha and then he added the aug quote. He advised I would get sagging reasonable quickly as implants ar heavy so would deed a good bra always but Im 46 & am not interested in strutting my bare chest around anyway and have always worn a bra even to sleep in for as long as I can remember. So although I do take on board what he has said I am going to insist on getting my breasts back to where they were with an upper pole which I don't have any of now. I am also having a tt hernia repair & muscle repair too & booked for 27th May. I hope this helps. We will obviously discuss this further when I get to pre op however he is now aware I am happy to accept the sagging ( an easy bra fix ) to get the volume & look back

Yeah I'm normally in a crop at night and bra or crop during the day! Depending on what I am doing. I'm getting more worried as I am losing weight and they just seem like they will be tiny and I'll be out of proportion! I suppose I may have to wait for the pre op consult. Only 3 weeks out tomorrow so starting to get really excited! 

I'm only 24 this year so I do want to be able to wear a backless dress or other dresses without a bra occasionally. And I don't want to have this done only needing to have them done in a couple of years because I've got a heavy implant that has caused sagging again! Well I just need to be patient and listen and trust my surgeon! 

Wish me luck! 😁

Hi, I pushed for him to a free on implants & to quote me I also won't see him until pre op appt 2 days before op booked for 27th May. I have told him I wear a bra all the time & will accept that I will get sagging earlier because of returning to a heavier size I have now dropped to a c without any upper pole. So I will be again pushing hard to get what I want to return to a DD.

I just got a shock today though, I read the quote from Dr M with the rebates & assumed they were before PHI but NO ..... it includes them so I have paid my deposit & will be OOP about 50K. Freaking out now..... Anyhow I guess we will manage something.....

I rented an apartment for 4 weeks as he feels I won't be able to return to Adelaide any earlier due to the complexity of my hernia so this is costing me a fortune......

9 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

Hi, I pushed for him to a free on implants & to quote me I also won't see him until pre op appt 2 days before op booked for 27th May. I have told him I wear a bra all the time & will accept that I will get sagging earlier because of returning to a heavier size I have now dropped to a c without any upper pole. So I will be again pushing hard to get what I want to return to a DD.

I just got a shock today though, I read the quote from Dr M with the rebates & assumed they were before PHI but NO ..... it includes them so I have paid my deposit & will be OOP about 50K. Freaking out now..... Anyhow I guess we will manage something.....

I rented an apartment for 4 weeks as he feels I won't be able to return to Adelaide any earlier due to the complexity of my hernia so this is costing me a fortune......

Yeah I'm travelling from Perth and am staying for the full 10 days I need to as I am only having my boobs done so I'll be glad to get home I think! 

I'm not 100% on what size I am but I'd say D- small DD and they're like tennis balls in socks! 😳

Wowza! But he is amazing and I think it's worth it if you can afford it and with a hernia it's necessary, right?! May as well get it all done at once too! It'll save costs in the long run but is scary out laying all at once that's for sure! 

He has said because I have a complex hernia I have to stay 4 weeks as he is concerned my belly button is going to die because of my hernias are sitting around it & he may need to do more to fix it. Arrrggghhh more money. The accommodation is $5600 for the 4 weeks, hope I don't have to stay any longer than that or the kitty is going to run dry......... 

My breasts are the same. Has he said a lift & aug under muscle but we have discussed size or type or anything until he sees me & works out my skin quality elasticity etc. but your right he is the guru so I have to trust him that I will be happy with the end result.

can I ask what he quoted fro the lift. I read the operation info & it said that they supply 2 post op bras but it wasn't itemised on the invoice. does yours specifically say post op bra? Are you going to get more before you go. Its hard as we don't know what size.... Im just trying to think of everything....

12 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

He has said because I have a complex hernia I have to stay 4 weeks as he is concerned my belly button is going to die because of my hernias are sitting around it & he may need to do more to fix it. Arrrggghhh more money. The accommodation is $5600 for the 4 weeks, hope I don't have to stay any longer than that or the kitty is going to run dry......... 

My breasts are the same. Has he said a lift & aug under muscle but we have discussed size or type or anything until he sees me & works out my skin quality elasticity etc. but your right he is the guru so I have to trust him that I will be happy with the end result.

Well at least you know you'll be healed enough and safe enough to travel after the 4 weeks! I hope you don't have to stay longer! Nothing beats your own house and bed to recover in! Yeah he has my trust so I know what I want and I'm sure I'll be stoked with how it ends up! 

11 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

can I ask what he quoted fro the lift. I read the operation info & it said that they supply 2 post op bras but it wasn't itemised on the invoice. does yours specifically say post op bra? Are you going to get more before you go. Its hard as we don't know what size.... Im just trying to think of everything....

Umm all up its around $15,000 or so! Yeah I have two post op bras on there, they're $60 each I believe. Yeah I think I'll see how I got with the two I'm given and go from there and buy a couple more definitely! 

Yeah it's hard cos I think I'm forgetting something or won't remember to take something else but I figure I'm still in Australia. Anything can be bought really! 

true, you can easily order stuff from your own lounge room rather than hitting th shops if we need anything. I might ring Sasha & ask her about the bras, although it says it in the post op stuff there is nothing itemised on the invoice only for my tummy. so I had better check. Im sure they will supply them but I might need to pay up there if they have forgotten to add them. 

I can't stop thinking about everything , its hard to sleep at night for my brain staying on.......

13 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

true, you can easily order stuff from your own lounge room rather than hitting th shops if we need anything. I might ring Sasha & ask her about the bras, although it says it in the post op stuff there is nothing itemised on the invoice only for my tummy. so I had better check. Im sure they will supply them but I might need to pay up there if they have forgotten to add them. 

I can't stop thinking about everything , its hard to sleep at night for my brain staying on.......

Exactly thank god for online shopping! Haha 

yeah it's definitely worth confirming so there are no surprises! 

Yeah im starting to get a bit nervous but I figure it's booked, paid for and I'm in the best hands so I try not to stress too much. GA's don't worry me. I know I'm in a hospital and they have everything needed and I've been under twice before so it's not too much of a worry of mine. I think it's sinking in I'm finally having my boobs fixed! 

7 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

Hi Brinos,

How'd you go, I hope you are recovering & resting up xxx would love to hear of your experience & what sizing you ended up going with. Take Care xxx

Hi,

It went really well! And recovering very well! I'm post op day 3 and have been shopping today so doing surprisingly well. Only on panadol now which I'm stoked about because endone sends me to the stars haha good but unnecessary from now! I definitely recommend senokot post surgery to help move things along but other than that it has been great so far! 

It was quick and great the whole experience. Sleeping on my back elevated has been hard I will admit! But necessary unfortunately. 

Yesterday was my hardest day - I felt sick and tired and sore but woke up much better today, thank god! 

I did end up going without implants and I am really happy with them! I think they'll be a 12C/10D once they settle and the swelling goes down! 

I may consider implants in the future once I've had kids and they've had the life sucked out of them 😂 but I'm super happy with them now! 

How are you feeling about it all? 

Xo

2 minutes ago, Brinos said:

Hi,

It went really well! And recovering very well! I'm post op day 3 and have been shopping today so doing surprisingly well. Only on panadol now which I'm stoked about because endone sends me to the stars haha good but unnecessary from now! I definitely recommend senokot post surgery to help move things along but other than that it has been great so far! 

It was quick and great the whole experience. Sleeping on my back elevated has been hard I will admit! But necessary unfortunately. 

Yesterday was my hardest day - I felt sick and tired and sore but woke up much better today, thank god! 

I did end up going without implants and I am really happy with them! I think they'll be a 12C/10D once they settle and the swelling goes down! 

I may consider implants in the future once I've had kids and they've had the life sucked out of them 😂 but I'm super happy with them now! 

How are you feeling about it all? 

Xo

starting to freak out a bit..... Im so glad that things are going smoothly for you. Were you are East Sydney Private? 

2 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

starting to freak out a bit..... Im so glad that things are going smoothly for you. Were you are East Sydney Private? 

Yeah I did the same then I calmed down the closer it got. I know you're having a couple more procedures than me but honestly you are in the best hands! I'm sure they will be smooth for you too! 

Yeah I was, amazing hospital! Are you there? The nurses are phenomenal as are all the doctors! 

thanks my nerves are doing quite a trick on me at the moment..... Yes Im at East Sydney Private Hospital, 4 nights is the prediction at the moment, with great care & pain relief I hope to not be there any longer as my 3 yr old twins are being taken care of by a friend whose travelling up to help out so they & I are going to miss each other heaps. I ended up booking an apartment for the month long stay so it can be more like home for us & have sussed out playgroups in the area (being cold probably not much outdoor stuff happening anyway) xx

22 hours ago, pearlhobbes said:

thanks my nerves are doing quite a trick on me at the moment..... Yes Im at East Sydney Private Hospital, 4 nights is the prediction at the moment, with great care & pain relief I hope to not be there any longer as my 3 yr old twins are being taken care of by a friend whose travelling up to help out so they & I are going to miss each other heaps. I ended up booking an apartment for the month long stay so it can be more like home for us & have sussed out playgroups in the area (being cold probably not much outdoor stuff happening anyway) xx

Yeah they tend to do that! So annoying! Yes you will have great care and pain relief, no need to worry about that! 

I have stayed at Meriton apartments (would be pricey for a month) but definitely the best way to do it, I think! Mum has come with me to help me look after myself and stop me from doing too much too quickly! 

That is a great idea! Your babies will love it! :)

I know it is much easier said than done but try not to worry too much!

Xx

did you find the hospital was cold at night?. Did they say anything to you about heat packs? I'm thinking of bringing my heat wheat pack to ease the aches but they are heavy so if I can fuse them I won't bother. I would have booked the Meriton too but would have worked out too expensive for us all for the length of time. The place I booked looks good I got it through stays & the lady seems really nice that I am dealing with. so all good, I had to have he tendons repaired in my finger 2 weeks ago as a rather unplanned op & the grief my finger is giving me I hope is not an indicator of my pain tolerance ( which I thought was pretty good( but this tiger arrrrggggghhh its ridiculous anyhow too late now its only 6 weeks to go tick tock....

Are you improving daily. Did you have the anchor lift? whats your scarring like?

1 hour ago, pearlhobbes said:

did you find the hospital was cold at night?. Did they say anything to you about heat packs? I'm thinking of bringing my heat wheat pack to ease the aches but they are heavy so if I can fuse them I won't bother. I would have booked the Meriton too but would have worked out too expensive for us all for the length of time. The place I booked looks good I got it through stays & the lady seems really nice that I am dealing with. so all good, I had to have he tendons repaired in my finger 2 weeks ago as a rather unplanned op & the grief my finger is giving me I hope is not an indicator of my pain tolerance ( which I thought was pretty good( but this tiger arrrrggggghhh its ridiculous anyhow too late now its only 6 weeks to go tick tock....

Are you improving daily. Did you have the anchor lift? whats your scarring like?

Not at all! You can always asked for an extra rug or two as well! No they didn't say anything about heat packs or anything. 

Yes, it definitely would have been expensive for a month stay! You chose the best way for the length of stay for sure! 

Oh no! Ouch! I will admit I have broken my finger and almost needed surgery (luckily got away without it) and when it's cold it still gives me grief and is stiff but I think it's a different pain! I always go in expecting the worst pain of my life and hope to be pleasantly surprised! So hopefully you are too!

Yeah I am improving daily, it's strange cos some of my nerves that obviously have been effected are coming back so that's not always fun but it's healing which is good! I get the off ache and pain now and again but taking it easy has helped a lot! 

Yep, I had the full anchor lift and it's not as scary as i thought it would be, and in all honesty I scar really well because I am so pale but I know it will take a while for them to go down. I can't see the incisions because they are dressed and have to stay like this for 3 weeks but I knew scars would come with the surgery so I was expecting it! :) 

i hope his helps! I can message you some photos when the dressings are off in a couple of weeks? 

Xx

You have been such a great friend & support with this journey & I really appreciate it, Its just so helpful to have someone to chat with about these things. Im glad you are recovering well. I imagine in a years time you will hardly be able to see the scar much anyway. Dr M would shave his technique down pat by now to minimise that so I am sure all will be good. Yes nerve pain is not pleasant but part of the journey I guess. Its good to hear you are getting feeling back again now.

Lots of TV watching for us then while in recovery. mine will be abc kids & dvdd o kids shows so at least you get adult TV he he he xxx

On 12 April 2016 at 8:14 AM, pearlhobbes said:

You have been such a great friend & support with this journey & I really appreciate it, Its just so helpful to have someone to chat with about these things. Im glad you are recovering well. I imagine in a years time you will hardly be able to see the scar much anyway. Dr M would shave his technique down pat by now to minimise that so I am sure all will be good. Yes nerve pain is not pleasant but part of the journey I guess. Its good to hear you are getting feeling back again now.

Lots of TV watching for us then while in recovery. mine will be abc kids & dvdd o kids shows so at least you get adult TV he he he xxx

Oh honey, you've been great to talk to about it all as well! It's easy to talk to family and friends but they haven't had this done or are going through it! It's great to be able to talk to people who have had it done or are having it done! 

Yeah they'll be all faded in a year! That's it, all a part of the journey! Yeah it's great :) 

Haha yeah it has been nice! I must admit I am a bit of a closet Disney fanatic! Hehe 

:) xx