JessR

Over or under muscle !

That's potentially a bit of a misleading photo... I wouldn't use day 1 photos to dissuade someone!

@JessR - maybe it's worth going back to your surgeon and talking through your options again? I'm sure they can help put your mind at ease!

Not trying to dissuade anyone Harperhen. Jess asked for opinions and I gave her mine.

It might be a Day 1 photo but seriously, would you be happy with that?  BTW it didn't get better

@Madsamuffin I do Crossfit and have unders. I train with a lot of girls with implants including regional competitors who also have unders. I don't think unders are an issue for Crossfit. I don't know a crossfitter with implants who has overs - maybe due to amount of tissue generally starting with. Maybe it's an issue for elite fitness models etc who compete and have so little far when competing. Took me five months to get back to pre op fitness and do everything I did preop as do the girls I train with. I don't get animation or gross feelings. 

@donatella - They were never 'high' because I didn't want a lift. I was happy to have them a little lower and they sit where natural breasts would sit (not held up by pecs). This was my choice after discussion with my surgeon.

@Cathy No I wouldn't be happy! But there are day 1 unders I wouldn't be happy with either. And I'm not trying to dissuade or persuade - just showing a picture of overs after a few years for reference.

@Madsamuffin yes FR me. I have photos of these 14 years on and sagging - ready to go. As previously stated - overs sag quicker, but look more 'natural' when sagging. Unders stay high and the breast sags off them. I doubt anyone here will have photos of unders sagging so check out google to see.

There is no 'right' placement. JessR is asking for opinions/experience to help make her decision. Ultimately she will need to make it based on her own personal circumstances (current breasts/body, lifestyle etc.). I'm not suggesting overs are better at all - just sharing my long-term experience with them as others are with their unders :)

I've been under and I've been over ! I much preferred overs ! I had no breast tissue barely a AA with a bony chest and I still prefer overs , with under I was very animated under and my muscle pushed them laterally ! It does happen it happened to me ! I'm also been told numerous times that unless you go completely under the muscle the partial unders which most have (most) after 6-12 months will be subglandular aswell so the whole sagging theory is really up to your body and how you support them ! I have overs and mine are not saggy at all they actually sit quite high and I have good upper pole aswell ! Each to there own I understand both sides but for me I wish I knew more about unders so I could of made a better descion to begin with ! Everyone gets different implant sizes , placement it's not a straight forward answer IMO! Do what you want and what you feel comfortable with :) 

I've been under and I've been over ! I much preferred overs ! I had no breast tissue barely a AA with a bony chest and I still prefer overs , with under I was very animated under and my muscle pushed them laterally ! It does happen it happened to me ! I'm also been told numerous times that unless you go completely under the muscle the partial unders which most have (most) after 6-12 months will be subglandular aswell so the whole sagging theory is really up to your body and how you support them ! I have overs and mine are not saggy at all they actually sit quite high and I have good upper pole aswell ! Each to there own I understand both sides but for me I wish I knew more about unders so I could of made a better descion to begin with ! Everyone gets different implant sizes , placement it's not a straight forward answer IMO! Do what you want and what you feel comfortable with :) 

what? So the implant magically pops from under the muscle to over? Who told you this 😂

I also had overs before this one I've had 5 breast augs first one was unders ! Overs for 2 years of 590s no sag with those either ! And yes they do slip from unders hence the dropping ! the muscle would be covering the slightest amount of implant after dropping ! I don't want a debate I was extremely unhappy with my unders but I understand the reasons for it I just think being informed on both and what can happen is a good idea x

Edited by Katewell

But surely if it dropped from behind the muscle it would be bottomed out? I technically have unders that would be partial unders because the implant is large and the muscle wouldn't be covering all of it and I don't have subglandular implants. Have you seen how far up the put it in the muscle? If that slipped out you would know about it. I agree about both sides love I'm just curious about the above as have never heard it before but I've been out of the game a few years now 😂

From what I've seen and had shown to me with a partial they make the pocket bigger at the bottom ( crease lowering)to allow the implant to fall into it , plus they place the implant higher aswell doesn't :shouldn't bottom out but it still releases itself from muscle ! It would be very interesting to see a mri of some new unders to  12 months post op , the idea of a under is to blend the implant in the upper pole so it's not noticilbe but everything  else when it drops is like a over , I had rippling with both , only difference I have now is my implants don't distort like they used to ! But my upper pole I reckon is really well blended for overs , I think it's a good idea to check out how dominant your pec muscles are before taking this option   , I use my arms and back a lot due to my line of work I always carry my weight in my chest in arms unders were not suitable for me ! I had to have reconstruction after it aswell swapping to overs is not a easy route 

Edited by Katewell

Thank you so much everyone for the advice and sharing your personal experience ! I feel like I should go with unders only because I said to myself if I couldn't decide between two good options I would go with the most popular. Even though I know both look great!  I just want to be 100% certain with my descion not indecisive. I could possibly be over thinking it too. Might call my surgeon and what another chat with him :) xxx

I am a B cup, and am getting 400cc put under the muscle in May.

my main reason for choosing under was so that the implant wasn't in with my natural breast tissue, and so I can better detect any possible issues in the future with lumps/breast cancer.

There is also less likelihood of getting capsules around the implants, sagging, turning etc

Thank you lovely ladies!! 

I honestly am so fussy I want a natural look but then I also like the fakish look ! So it's so hard to decide. How can you tell if you have lots of breast tissue ? I feel like I need to go above the muscle because there is nothing worse then waking up and not having my desired size ! But everyone (friends) keep telling me go under and in sitting her wondering why? Why is under SO much more popular and that's what makes me have second thoughts? My surgeon pretty said I can have either ! Ahh I just wish I could have my desired size under the muscle. The only other reason I'm scared about over muscle is "sagging" like how bad can the sagging be :/ I'm so confused! 

everyone told me to go under like anything else wasnt an option...i got subfascial and I bloody love them!!!

I'm really interested in subfascial... @L can you tell us more?!

They basically pull back the top layer of muscle and put the implant in and re-attach. So they aren't like full overs. I had enougj breast tissue to do it this way,  he said if I went under I would have got the full cleavage I was after so I just went with what he said and im so happy I did!! Recovery was a breeze!!!

Sorry wouldn't have got 😣

I'm a little concerned that your plastic surgeon said he couldn't put 400cc under the muscle. I have 450cc under the muscle. I also have the look you want, mine look natural when wearing normal clothes but when I put on a deep plunge neck line or bikini or lengerie they have that perfect round symmetry that only fakies can provide 😍 I love mine because it's the best of both worlds - they can look natural but they can also look sexy fake lol!!! I was a very deflated c cup beforehand. I also personally prefer unders as I do high impact exercise and I don't want them sagging soon we rather then later which is common with overs.