misstons

Cosmetic Tattooing

Hey hi,

Does anyone know a good cosmetic tattooist's in Melbourne?

Looking for some fabulous eyebrows & possible eyeliner also.

But looking at before and afters, finding the right person might be a bit of a challenge !

So if anyone has any recommendations that would be fab 🙆🏼 

Remember with feather tattooing they don't last and need continual top ups so factor that in some will be dishonest with you and say they last 5 years which I believe is untrue due to the light strokes. 

This is next on my list, about $500 here I've narrowed my girl down #justanotherexpense 😩🔫

I get my brows done by melanie marris eyebrow stylist, she does tattooing as well, currently theyre only located in perth with pop ups in melb but theyre opening  a store on bridge road in april :) They have insta and facebook to stalk if you want but theyre pretty popular so not sure how quick you can get in for tattooing :) 

Individual hair strokes is feather touch. I had mine done in September last year and you normally have to have a touch up around 6 weeks post because the body will reject some of the ink (which in most cases is a vegetable based ink). I love love love my brows now where as before they were patchy. The lady I go to does suggest using emla cream which you can get from the chemist and apply up to 2 hours before hand and cover with patches. However I can't use the patches cause I react to the sticky on them. I did feel some of it but I wouldn't say it hurt. It did feel like someone was scratching sunburn. The ink should last up to 2 years but I have decided that I will be having my touch up every December. I can't help with anyone in your local area tho cause I'm in Brisbane. Will add my before and afters tho

image.jpeg

Hi Sullengirl,

Not sure where you are located in Melb but l had my eyeliner tattoo done three times over the last 15 years by a lady called Lillian at Forest Hill Chase, she was great but expensive from memory. I have been lazy and haven't been back for a 'top up' for years. It's a shame it doesn't last longer.

I have a consult on this weekend at LadyLash in sydney. Just going to discuss the different methods...feathering & microblading techniques. Cant afford amy jean so this is my next option! 

Any sydney girls been here? Just found them on instagram. 

Did like the gallery i was shown at ladylash. Hair strokes were to bold and obvious. Looked  fake.

Sent photos in to Amy Jean in sydney. The receptionist said she would get back to me within 3 days and that there is a waiting list till july to see Amy or any of her artist.

Its quite $$ at $895 but so far i cant compare anyone (although i did look at sibina, that was recommended on here, but she is in qld)

I would not dare even go to the gym without filling this  in 😝

IMG_20160405_3-1.png

image.jpeg

Freshly feathered brows done at Amy Jean in Sydney this afternoon. Still stinging and sore. Looks silly at the moment until they fade.  Touch up in 5 weeks to add more colour and define arch and tail a little more.

They look great and they will fade a fair bit. The flaking, itchy stage is a killer but worth it, so be prepared for it. I had mine done there with Gwen last year and I LOVE them so much. By far it's the best thing I've done face wise and I've got to book in soon for my annual touch up.

I I also had my lips done earlier this month there (again with Gwen) with the Kiss me Lip tint Tattoo and I'm really happy with that too. I go for my touch up next month and can't wait to see the final result. 

I'm planning on wearing massive sunnies for the next few days! Not @Chinchilla the girls at any jean all seem so lovely. Will get the lash lift when I go back for my touch up. Can't wait till they fade feel embarrassed out in public! 😕

@Chinchilla it's now one week since my feathering. I haven't touched or wet them and am letting them scab off naturally. The thing is now that they are patchy I can see that underneath there is just an ashy/grey colour. No defined hair strokes at all. Barely anything! I know I have a touch up in 5 weeks but I figured there would be something left under the scab. Is this normal?

The colour is horrible

@SydGal Not too sure, it could be a combination of them not going too dark to start as it's better add colour at the follow up then it is to lighten and the fact you're so used to seeing them so dark from the original tattoo. They are still healing and will continue to change over the next week or so. Sometimes some people's skin just doesn't take it too well and that's why they do the touch up appt and they will go darker next time but I was a bit patchy after the first appt too.  

I did have to get a second touch up at about 3 months as mine were a bit patchy but they were great at doing that for me. 

The other thing I find is I need to have my brow hair coloured to make them really bold. As the colour fades out (to blonde/grey (I have a few greys)) they look less bold.

I'm going to be one of those people that says give it time but if there's any concerns you have, talk to them - they always are more than willing to help. 

Also, you're not using retinol a are you? You can't use it with any cosmetic tattooing as even though you wouldn't put it on your brows it spreads and causes the ink to fade.

Thanks @Chinchilla I will give it another week. I showed my sister who has had hers done (elsewhere) she doesn't think it looks right. My friends think the same.

To best describe it, it looks as though I filled my brows in with a light grey eyeshadow. Without a hair stroke in sight. 

No I don't use retinol. I'll see what they say just feel disappointed as I'm getting through the healing stage and they look worse than before!

I am on the Mornington Peninsula and had my eyebrows done just before Christmas.  I adore them!!

My first session hurt like hell (I have tattoo's down both of my ribs and my eyebrows hurt a million times more), but think I had a dodgy batch of Emla.  My top up session was great and I hardly felt a thing.  

I had mine done by Rachel Bebe Beauty and it cost me $500

On 2/23/2016 at 11:37 AM, Jen Mc said:

Individual hair strokes is feather touch. I had mine done in September last year and you normally have to have a touch up around 6 weeks post because the body will reject some of the ink (which in most cases is a vegetable based ink). I love love love my brows now where as before they were patchy. The lady I go to does suggest using emla cream which you can get from the chemist and apply up to 2 hours before hand and cover with patches. However I can't use the patches cause I react to the sticky on them. I did feel some of it but I wouldn't say it hurt. It did feel like someone was scratching sunburn. The ink should last up to 2 years but I have decided that I will be having my touch up every December. I can't help with anyone in your local area tho cause I'm in Brisbane. Will add my before and afters tho

image.jpeg

Brissie girl here who did you use they look amazing !! 

Ah great thank you i follow them on fb 🤗 love there work just getting skin needling first and then its brow time 

1 hour ago, Jen Mc said:

Suzie 8f

I had mine done at B indulged. Jesika has a shop at graceville and also one in Ipswich. 

23 hours ago, Suzie 8f said:

Ah great thank you i follow them on fb 🤗 love there work just getting skin needling first and then its brow time 

They are amazing. I also have my IPL done threw them