Deleting and editing threads

To save the countless threads from coming back up again I am just going to start a new one. 

Yes posts have been removed or deleted. Anything that violates our forum rules that you have all agreed to, will be moderated. 

In most of these situations, we are privy to much more information then you are. When false, misleading or defamatory comments are made we need to address this. Something may be deleted that appears fine in your opinion, but it doesn't make the content of their post true. 

Finally, we know and understand how important it is that this site remains an unadulterated free space for people to have conversations about plastic surgery. We do our very best to allow this to happen whilst operating within the confines of the law. 

It sucks that people can't share their true experiences about certain surgeons, especially the high profile ones. I would never go with a surgeon who had staff trawling through online forums to remove 'defamatory' posts. The problem is with the surgeon not the women who have the bad experiences. Maybe they should get their act together if they are getting so many complaints!

The only reason this website is popular, and the reason it has been able to be monetized is because it is perceived as an impartial forum of real people's experiences. Censorship will lead to lack of trust initially, and a decline in members and readership that will hurt your business model in the long run. We, the members, don't need this forum. You need us.

Does realself have a forum section? 

I only come on here when I'm bored, I'm sure I could find an interest in another forum :) this place is getting ridiculous. There are so many glitches that don't get addressed yet every little post with any negativity gets deleted. 

2 hours ago, Moderator said:

Yes posts have been removed or deleted. Anything that violates our forum rules

. We do our very best to allow this to happen whilst operating within the confines of the law. 

Since when did quoting DIRECTLY from the a public record medical website become a ;violation' of the forum rules?

22 minutes ago, Moderator said:

why are you all so sure that these posts where real?

i can tell you that many things that were said were untrue as they referred to conversations that just never happened. 

There needs to be a level of mutual respect here. 

I can tell you much of what written about this Dr is real...otherwise there wouldn't be the strict 'practice restriction' placed around his surgery work..........

Yes. there need to be a level of mutual respect here - not just arbitrary wiping out of pages of posts

I have a question for the moderator:

Who OWNS PSF? (not manages it)

Thank you

49 minutes ago, Moderator said:

i can tell you that many things that were said were untrue as they referred to conversations that just never happened. 

I'm interested in how you are certain that the conversations never occurred? Isn't the only way to know for sure to be in the room at the time the conversation took place. No disrespect - just can't understand how it can be certain that the conversation didn't occur. 

39 minutes ago, Spottydog said:

Since when did quoting DIRECTLY from the a public record medical website become a ;violation' of the forum rules?

I can tell you much of what written about this Dr is real...otherwise there wouldn't be the strict 'practice restriction' placed around his surgery work..........

Yes. there need to be a level of mutual respect here - not just arbitrary wiping out of pages of posts

I have a question for the moderator:

Who OWNS PSF? (not manages it)

Thank you

I'm not sure what post you are referring to but the one most people are referring to does not quite the public record.

Emily owns PSF otherwise we have we have a team of 6 people involved in managing, developing and maintaining the site

2 minutes ago, LaurenT said:

I'm interested in how you are certain that the conversations never occurred? Isn't the only way to know for sure to be in the room at the time the conversation took place. No disrespect - just can't understand how it can be certain that the conversation didn't occur. 

Because the poster referred to a conversation with PSF which she quoted us saying things that never were said. 

57 minutes ago, Moderator said:

I think the lack of specific information is what is bothering people. I think the woman who posted the query about Dr T... was it 'Peg'? Couldn't you simply share that the member had been found to be fake and that's why the post was taken down. Name and shame- that goes for fake or fibber members and sub-par surgeons. 

I don't envy your job Moderator- but at least it keeps things interesting!

18 minutes ago, Moderator said:

I'm not sure what post you are referring to but the one most people are referring to does not quite the public record.

Emily owns PSF otherwise we have we have a team of 6 people involved in managing, developing and maintaining the site

Because the poster referred to a conversation with PSF which she quoted us saying things that never were said. 

Ok, great to know. I didn't see that particular post. 

Sorry but the whole thing sounds dodge - this girl comes on here, bags out a surgeon as her very first post then runs off never to be heard of again - just gonna go out there and say  - i call a troll
Funny how all these other people come out and start recommending a competitor - makes you wonder who is behind it hey

Shame  on anyone who does fake posts to drum up business or ruin someone elses good name - this whole looking for a surgeon thing is a minefield and we dont need it to be made harder - just do your job well and the word of mouth spreads

*rant over

3 hours ago, cosmetic said:

I understand the part where surgeons have pressure in keeping a positive reputation and it's us the patients who are discussing sharing information about them etc ..But  I have a question in relation to surgeons who advertise on this website.

If a "real patient"  had a bad experience with a surgeon that   advertises with PSF and post's there "real experience"   does  the surgeon  have the right to contact the mods and  have the post's removed ?  

I would like to see an option unable on this site where the surgeons can comment on our threads instead of threads getting deleted.

there's always two side of a story and for once would love to hear what a surgeon has to say on a strong allegation facing them by one of their patients made public.

They can request that a post be taken down but only if it violates the law or the PSF community rules and terms of use.
Whilst it would be great for a surgeon to be able to respond to a post - there are many instances where this is not possible - i.e. they cannot discuss a patients case details online, that would be breaching patient confidentiality. 

If a review is posted on their profile - i.e. through the official methods we now provide where they are verified before being made public then we may consider the surgeon to respond to the review.