Rhiannon

Consult done and dusted... Feeling torn

Hey guys, 

so I had my consult with Dr R today - who was really lovely and professional, it didn't take long at all but he explained everything pretty well. 

He confirmed my thoughts, I have a very mild case of tuberous breasts. He said we could cut the aerola off and restitch, however, he said right now he believes it would overkill. He showed me examples of similar breasts and the before and after. I am happy with the possible outcomes 

my BWD was measured at roughly 13cm and the max he said he would like give me is 520cc HP. I asked him if I could go bigger (560) and he said he strongly recommends that I stick to the 520's  

He said the concern is that I have a deep crease and there is a risk of double bubble if I went too big. 😔 I was hoping I would be straight forward case to get big boobs! 

The difference between the 520's and 560's is the diameter and very slight projection but not enough to really worry about...

520 is 12.7cm wide 

560 is 13.3cm wide

Is there an issue with going wider than your BWD? 

Should I just trust him and go with what he says? 

I know I may not get the look I'm after but there's always the revision after kids... 😜 Trying to be positive. 

I did say that I would be happy with anything over 500 but I would be over the moon with anything over 550.. 

Would there be much more noticeable differences? Would the wider implant give better side boob/cleavage?

Sorry for all the questions. I'll also be emailing the office on Monday to ask similar questions.  

I live by the thought of listen to your surgeon! They want the best results for you and have the experience to know what will work and what likely wont. IIRC it is important to say in your BWD, but could you not go with a higher profile implant?

Listen to your surgeon, he knows best. He is very well known for his amazing work. Plus the difference between the two wouldn't be noticeable once they're inside you. 520ccs is a very decent size :) you can go larger than your BWD but you're not a straightforward case so I would stick to what's recommended. 

I've sent off the email asking anyway. I am slowly coming around to seeing his point. I trust him and the size shouldn't matter. I wouldn't be doing it if he said 300cc was my max because I wouldn't get close to the look I am after. But when he pulled out the 520cc I was glad. 

I will see what they say but at this stage if he say yes, cool. If he says no, also cool!  

Just need to get through the next two weeks! 

Definitely go by what Dr R says!  I went slightly over my bwd by 3mm i think which he was happy to do,  however I had saggy boobs that had been stretched by breastfeeding and needed a lift so maybe that helped.  Plus my implant is a bit smaller at 390cc. With all the extra risks of the 560s, I would just settle for 520 and have faith that Dr R will make them look amazing! I don't think the size difference is enough to warrant risking a double bubble and more money on further surgeries and a longer recovery time. 

Yeah, I've been thinking and thinking since yesterday morning. No biggy if I can't take the 560. Im glad he could give me the 520's as it is. 

Just needed to process everything, I sent an email with a few other questions too, like does he need to release breast tissue because I'm tuberous, if double bubble occurs, what needs to be done to fix it etc etc 

Hey just wondering did he email you back with all your questions asked ? I might just do that I only have a couple of questions I have booked another consultation but it's like 4 weeks away which mean if im happy with the answers then at least another 4 weeks after thst to get my surgery done I feel like I've waited soooo long 😄

Hey 

they sent off my questions to Dr R and he got back to me the next day. 

I booked my consult and saved an appt for my surgery on the same day with two weeks apart, that was 7 weeks ago though. 

You may as well send them off and go from there!