Pollo

Post op day 5. Please help!

Hi everyone, 

I am 5 days post op, this morning it hurt so much to get out of bed i was in tears. Sharp pains in my left boob , feels like a sore bone thats out of place. I am also so bloated i havent gone toilet for 5 days and i feel so pregnant and bloated, i feel even worse because of it. I have two more days worth of antibiotics. And also 2 more days worth of pain killers which im worried wont be enough 😢. Is this normal? Some women say they drive after 5 days!? I definitely couldnt drive. When will it all settle with the pain? I just want to go to sleep and wake up feeling half okay ... 

Also, when do i need to start with the massaging?

Help! 😣

All normal! You're describing morning boob. I slept on the couch the first 2 weeks because it kept me slightly elevated. Lying flat is excrutiating. I know others used pillows to prop them up.

Any woman who drove 5 days post op is foolish. Around 9 days post up is considered safe- but it's still challenging. The first 5 days is the most challenging. Best thing to do is nothing- be a sloth! 

All totally normal. 

I had that much bruising around my ribs that it was weeks before I could get out of bed alone. My hubby works away so when he wasn't home to get me out of bed in the morning I slept on out recliners. 

The only meds I took as directed were the muscle relaxers for the first few days and the antibiotics. 

First thing in the morning was the worst and the days I did take the strong pain killer they made me feel less pain but more horrible overall. 

The best advise I got was from my nurse she told me no matter how bad I felt get up in the morning and get moving and you will feel better. She was right the days I got up and kept busy I felt great, the days I "rested" my pain was horrible. 

I'm on day 3 and sounds very similar to what I'm going through. Ive been taking coloxyl for the constipation but it hasn't worked yet either. You may need to get something from the chemist to help get things going because the painkillers are awesome at backing things up.  Its also really painful, stiff and tight when I get up in the morning.  I take an endone then wait a bit before I get out of bed.  No idea how long this lasts for,  hopefully not much longer though! 

I can relate to the bloat- it's killing me, it's really  raining on my parade of new boobs I have literally put on 4kg over night.... I'm 5 days post and it's not looking at going anytime and Iv been to the toilet and it's still not going. 😢

Just to back all the other girls up, it is all normal. 

The he pain in the morning would be morning boob. I got it for about two weeks. Woke up screaming in pain early on it was so bad :( 

but it it does get better! I promise you that. 

If if you're feeling up for it all you have some one looking after you, ask them to go to the chemist and get some coloxyl. That will help with the bloating.

I had prune juice and WOW it works 😳 $3 at woollies. I didn't have any morning boob or much pain I've been really lucky! If you're having endone take Panadol with it, it makes a huge difference and like I'm sure you're already doing keep up with pain meds every 6 hrs. I've been driving since day 3 PO short distances and today is day 7 and I drove 45mins into the valley for my post op appointment. Listen to your body and try to keep moving around even just around the house. Good luck!

Every person heals at different rates but the best thing to do as per @overthinkingit and @Meg.92mentioned is move around and get your blood circulating. I had op Wed morning and didn't lie around at all (maybe 1 hour rest in the afternoon). The healing process will be much slower if you just lie around. I only had pain meds for 2 days and was able to drive on 3rd day with no problems. (My car has very light steering.)

I agree....the worst thing is the bloat and constipation. I also didn't go to the toilet for 5 days. I sympathize with you. Go with the prune juice or go and get an enema kit from the chemist?

I had thought that movement aiding healing too.. sooo I've tried to get up and move around the house but it actually feels like I'm overdoing it as my pecs start throbbing and the pain is much worse. If I lay in bed then I don't move them as much and I feel better. I had unders and a lift also so maybe that's why. I'm still icing on and off and that is really helping too.

It's a big ordeal to go through so take it easy :) Some people are up and about ASAP (like me but I think that's because I wear a Mum hat and kinda had to...) whereas other people take longer to heal and manage the pain.

The bloating is more or less water. It won't matter how much laxatives you take so drink lots of water with lemon and ginger instead. It'll help fire up the digestive system. After two weeks it'll settle down nicely. If there's a lot of swelling up top, it makes sense that some of that swelling will move to your upper tummy area too.

Water, water and more water! It's hard not to recoil from drinking loads of water when you're bloated but it definitely helps with the the bloating and with constipation. And just a little toddling around your house can do wonders for getting your bowel moving on its own (5 days PO I was going crazy and had to move around a bit, but had regular icing/rest breaks).

Wouldnt want to do too much hard core anti-constipation drugs if you can avoid it, but sounds like it was pretty effective for getting rid of the backlog 😳