ayesha79

Anyone else have to wear chest strap?

I had my BA 6 weeks ago and was told to wear the strap. I hated it for the first week. I found it so uncomfortable! But then I got used to it and actually find it more comfortable on than off. I still wear it at night and around the house. How far PO are you? Trust me, you do get used to it. Early on after my BA, I would put sanitary pads under my arms to stop the strap chafing my armpits!! It sounds weird, but it worked!! Good luck! 

Post-op care instructions will vary from surgeon to surgeon and from case to case. My surgeon has only recommended wearing seamless crops but I had a fairly garden variety BA. Unfortunately if your surgeon has recommended the strap, you should probably follow his instructions :(

Hi Ayesha79, I had to wear mine for 2 weeks. Make sure its on properly - the first week mine was a tad low and SO uncomfy, once was shown to put it properly it was more comfy, although had to wear higher neck shirts to hide it in public! 

i had a strap. I wore it for about 6 weeks i think it was. From about the 2nd or 3rd post op visit which was in week 2 i think. I should remember it was only in sep but i dont :S. 

The first week it was uncomfortable but then i stopped noticing it. Only pain was finding clothes to cover it. I had to go out and buy all new clothes for work.