MelJ

Asymmetry medicare rebate with Dr Miroshnik

Hi Ladies, 

Has anyone ever been able to claim the medicare rebate for asymmetry when having a BA with Dr Miroshnik? One surgeon said I qualify having had a vectra scan with 80% difference, another didn't do one and didn't bring it up aside from needing different sizes. The girls on the admin desk at Dr M's office didn't think I would from my photos. Although I'm so flat and deflated in photos there's not much to see 😊

I claimed with Medicare following my surgery with Dr Tavakoli. I didn't have to meet a certain percentage, I got a referral to Dr T from my GP and I was charged for my surgery by Dr T based on a Medicare item number for reconstructive surgery for pathological deformity. 

Hi. I was just wondering if you could shed some light on the level of rebate you can get from Medicare with Dr Tavakoli. Is it dependent on the level of assymetry or is it a standard amount? Thanks 

26 minutes ago, BlingorBA said:

I'm asymmetrical too - one is a AA and the other is quite obviously smaller - just a nipple and otherwise completely flat. @laa do you know if you need to have the referral first before your consult?

You would need a GP referral if you were planning to claim a Medicare rebate/item number.