Saggy_socks

Over/under muscle and fitness fanatics/models

I know this has been asked and I have done some reading but hoping to get some more feedback...

I put my BA off for a year but are hoping to have it done later in the year. I have been doing a great deal of fitness and are getting quite toned. I planned to get under the muscle teardrop implants as I was a very natural look, however I don't want to have to stop doing upper body workouts. Are there are fitness fanatics and/or models on here that still do a lot of upper body training? Including chin ups/pull ups? If you have under the muscle have you noticed any separation from the muscle being tones? 

I have been doing F45 classes 6 days a week and they do quite a lot of arm/upper body movements, obviously I will stop for what ever period of time required (another question... How long did you stop?), but I don't want to be limited by having a BA.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated x

I have dual plane. It took me a long time to be able to train my chest without feeling pulling and tightness around the incisions but I'm all good now. My surgeon is happy for me to go back to all pre op exercises including pull ups but I still feel weird if I hang off a chin up bar so my gut is I'll just replace them with other exercises (ring rows etc) from now on... I can't see my implants distort when I train but I know some girls who wear more revealing tops do notice it and it bothers them.

I took 7 weeks off training but it was at least 16 weeks before I could train my upper body without pain. 

I have dual plane and was told because of my body shape that I should never do chest specific weights again. 

I was back training upper body at 12 weeks but did find some exercises uncomfortable and my boobs got stingy. I ended up backing off for a week or so then eased back into it with lighter weights and haven't had any more pain 

I have over but had unders previously and even with overs now I can not do a push up at all :( I can't even roll over with my arms after lying for massage , everyone is different some have no problems at all , me I did it's the way they cut your muscle I believe and whatever way mine where cut it has permanently caused damage :( discuss this with your surgeon and be clear that you still want to do this things and there's no way you would chance it , this way you can discuss what's best for you 

13 minutes ago, Wantarevision said:

Would you think this would also include not doing push ups? I haven't returned to the gym yet and haven't even tried doing them.  However even just flexing my chest muscle makes my implants distort and it feels strange.  Kind of makes me feel nauseous. 

Everyones body is different and my instructions are very specific because I have a high collar bone and curved ribs because means for me chest muscles become obvious very fast. Before my BA I did find I could build great pecs really easy but had no idea it was because of my anatomy. Dr M said by building up my pec I will impact on the blending that is used to create the natural look with dual plane. 

I am not to do push ups, chin ups, fly's, bench press or dips. (probably others that I can't think of off the top of my head) Things that use the chest for stability are fine but no direct chest muscle building exercise

2 hours ago, Katewell said:

I have over but had unders previously and even with overs now I can not do a push up at all :( I can't even roll over with my arms after lying for massage , everyone is different some have no problems at all , me I did it's the way they cut your muscle I believe and whatever way mine where cut it has permanently caused damage :( discuss this with your surgeon and be clear that you still want to do this things and there's no way you would chance it , this way you can discuss what's best for you 

My surgeon did say I should eventually return to doing things as normal but I have a feeling I'm going to be like you @Katewell

2 hours ago, overthinkingit said:

I am not to do push ups, chin ups, fly's, bench press or dips

Oh 💩  usually do all of the exercises alot.  I'll definately have to see how I go but at this stage I don't think I'll be attempting them for ages as like I said the feeling makes me nauseous when they move, without even trying.

I've been really well restrained post op (I'm 4 weeks PO). I guess having spent so much money on the BA, I don't want to affect the outcome negatively. I hated the idea of losing definition in my arms/shoulders but I dislike working my pecs so I'm not missing anything there :D 

I used to do a lot of upper body work but only did leg based cardio and leg work after the first week. This week I've started using my arms a bit more but I'll save the heavy duty stuff for after the 6 weeks mark. I am lifting things OK but just don't want to overdo it. I think my pecs are fine (no pain even after taking rubbish out) but it's more that I feel a pull on my incisions so I know not to push it.

I'm going to use resistant bands and light weights and just increase the load each week. I'm not in any rush. If anything, I've been eating much better since the OP so feeling good overall. My fitness/tone will come back in time.

I just love my new boobs too much to care about losing muscle definition which I didn't think would be how I'd feel ;)

I have unders as well and quite worried how I'll go when I return to kickboxing and gym classes.  

I've tried doing pushups and they feel really uncomfortable and a weird sensation.  

I don't recall what my surgeon said about training the chest so maybe I should check

6 minutes ago, Saggy_socks said:

Thanks ladies... I'm at a real stand still now. I want a BA so much and have for a long time but I also really love my fitness and don't want to be limited in classes... Ahhhhhh what to do?!

If it were me ! I would go sub fascial that's not a under nor is it a over that way you can get back to it 

Just now, Katewell said:

If it were me ! I would go sub muscular that's not a under nor is it a over that way you can get back to it 

Do you mean dual plane? That's what I have, not totally under. My surgeon did offer subfascial but I decided on dual plane instead.  Maybe I made the wrong choice. Lol

Just now, Piratesdelights said:

Do you mean dual plane? That's what I have, not totally under. My surgeon did offer subfascial but I decided on dual plane instead.  Maybe I made the wrong choice. Lol

Time to edit yes subfascial that's the one ! Had a shite day head is foggy lol 

21 minutes ago, Saggy_socks said:

Thanks ladies... I'm at a real stand still now. I want a BA so much and have for a long time but I also really love my fitness and don't want to be limited in classes... Ahhhhhh what to do?!

I put off having it done for years because of worrying about taking time off training and if it would limit me and it seriously is one of the best things I ever did and I wish I'd done it earlier. Things will feel weird or a bit sore and it does take time but you'll get back there even if it means modifying things a bit. As I said, I can do bench press, push ups etc but gave subbed ring rows for pull ups even though my surgron gave me the ok to do them. I was back to my pre op fitness and strength at about 5 months post op.

I was pretty much the same as imperfectly Lou. Started back at 6 weeks and Took it easy to get back into but at five months post op was back to pre-op strength for most things. My surgeon said I can do anything I like. Like you I was determined that my BA wouldn't change my lifestyle. I do Crossfit so similar to F45 and have no issues doing any movement that I used to do. I don't get any movement of implants. Felt strange for a while but that passed. Now it feels like I've always had them and I don't even think before or during workouts about them. I have dual plane. 

I have over the muscle and was actually planning on starting a topic on this. I run 3x per week and do weights 2-3x. 

I'm 5 weeks post op and started weights late last week. I cannot believe that I can do everything, including PUSH-UPS. My breasts don't flex as the implants are obviously over the muscle. What shocked me was definitely the push-ups as I didn't expect to be able to do them. 

I ran 3x last week also and they felt perfect. I bought the Lorna Jane extra support sports bra (with bra straps at the back) and they do an awesome job.

My surgeon recommended over's due to my highly active lifestyle. For me, best decision. 

I have unders. Overs were not an option for me due to a bony chest and very little breast tissue. I am a gym junkie too. I found by the 4 month mark I was starting to get back to the higher weights I used prior to surgery but I took everything very easy. But now I am 17 months post op, and I can do push ups, chest work (albeit I choose not to go too crazy!) and lots of upper body work. The only restriction my surgeon put on me was to never do chin ups. I don't do them at all. But I haven't missed doing them.

@Saggy_socks yes mine look quite natural for 5 weeks post op already. I need to update my gallery as they're early day pics. 

I was a 10B to a 10C (deflated) prior, so for me overs worked quite well. I got 335cc teardrop, I am small up top too size 6-8 dresses. Love love them!!! 

Thanks @Saggy_socks they look even better now. I've shown a few friends now (as I am starting to tell a few people I had them done since size is obvious) and they can't believe how natural they look. I love it how I can exercise too. Started going a bit potty without exercise :) lol