laa

What upper body exercises do you do?

I've read a lot about what exercises you girls AREN'T doing (pull ups, bench press etc)... I'd love to know what upper body exercises you ARE doing. 

I know every body and surgeons recommendations are different but it would be great to hear what you are doing comfortably. 

Can you do burpees?  Push ups? Exercises on hanging rings or pull up bars?

I am doing things like bent over rows, seated rows, tricep kickback, bicep curls. 

When I started back weight training I just google the exercise followed by muscles used anything that had chest as a primary muscle I don't do anything that uses it as a secondary or stability muscle my PS said is fine. 

I am seven months post op and do Crossfit so do whatever workout is set. I can do burpees fine (chest to ground ones). Push ups, bench press, strict press, jerks etc.

also back on the bar doing pull ups and toes to bar. Took me about five months to get them back.  I can't do muscle ups but do transitions on both the rings and bar. I found toes to bar and overhead squats the hardest to get back to post op, toes to bar because of the 'pulling' sensation and OHS due to shoulder mobility issues. 

I did lots of ring rows and strict press and mobility work to build back strength and mobility. 

I am doing mostly everything, burpees, chest press (not super heavy) and pushups (not full range but getting there). I still don't like the feeling of pullups or any bar type work ie toes to bar but I wouldn't care too much if I couldn't do that anymore.. I am just over 7 months PO.

I'm almost a year post op but after about 6 months post op I was doing pretty much everything. It took a while to feel I had good strength back in my chest but eventually I could do anything I was given 

I'm 6 weeks post op and have been doing leg weights for just over a week now - just machine curls and extensions and some lunges and curtsey squats with 4 kg hand weights.  I just started doing some bicep curls with a 10kg bar this week and no issues so far. 

I was cleared to start doing everything , chest included slowly after 3 months . From 6 weeks to 12 weeks I only did legs and abs( like squats , lunges,leg raises crunches not much else  ). I pretty much didn't do anything with my arms at all . Sounds boring I know and a little frustrating but seriously the time does go quickly . Your body is still healing in that time so take it easy . 

. I do everything now push ups, chin ups, burpees including all chest work  . I have under the muscle Implants so it did feel really weird to start with  , you can literally see and feel the implants moving but now everything feels all normal I'm so use to it . I make sure I strap those babies in nice and tight though with a sports bra and crop top for running and boxing . Being a self confessed gym junkie 6 days a week I was surprised how easy it was getting back into it after 6 weeks of doing nothing . Just follow your surgeons advice and your body will guide you with what you feel comfortable with .