Piratesdelights

Dual plane and awful feeling when using chest muscles for everyday tasks. Will it go away?

I'm nearly 8 weeks PO and have dual plane teardrop implants. When I push down on things like chopping hard foods or trying to dispense showergel by pushing a spout my chest muscles engage and pull the implants and make it feel weird. It doesn't hurt but I certainly don't like the feeling.  

Will this go away as the dropping and fluffing happen or will it stay like this? I'm going back to the tonight for the first time since surgery and tried doing a pushup and it felt so gross and uncomfortable.  

Yes it will go away. But you are still in the early days of healing. I still found it awkward at 4 to 5 months post op to open a jam jar lid! I found by 9 months post op a lot of the nerve regeneration plus the chest muscle pain had subsided quite a bit. I am now 17 months post op and everything is fine. Just give your body time to heal. :)

Thanks ladies for your replies.  I'm really hoping it does stop and go away completely.  It feels so weird.  

When doing pushups last night the muscle squished it so much that they bulged and went to the side.  It not only felt funny but looked awful.  Arrrgh. 

I'm sorry to say but my previous implants did this the entire time I had them in - 16 years.  

I used to weight train a lot and the more I trained pecs the worse it got.  I could literally move them around on demand by flexing my chest muscles.  It won't go away.  I would suggest if you don't like the way it feels and looks you might have to stop upper body work. 

i am 6 months PO and my pec muscles still feel strange when i engage them, it used to bother me at first but now i am used to it i just lift etc in a different way so i don't get the feeling

I started back lifting weights a few weeks back and the first push up i tried felt awful i cant even do one from my knees to the ground so i am doing pushups from my knees with my hands on my weight bench to build up strength 😭 i couldnt do a chest fly either so i brought really light weights to build up my strength again, i think the more u do it the less weird it will feel.

i wouldnt have even tried anything at 8 weeks i was still nowhere near healed i am 6 months now and feel ok to workout☺

On 17/03/2016 at 5:41 PM, Cathy said:

I'm sorry to say but my previous implants did this the entire time I had them in - 16 years.  

I used to weight train a lot and the more I trained pecs the worse it got.  I could literally move them around on demand by flexing my chest muscles.  It won't go away.  I would suggest if you don't like the way it feels and looks you might have to stop upper body work. 

This is not what I wanted to hear....  I do Muay Thai kickboxing and just in warm ups alone are about 60 pushups. In seriously wondering if I've stuffed up and got the wrong implant placement. 😢

8 hours ago, rattlie said:

i am 6 months PO and my pec muscles still feel strange when i engage them, it used to bother me at first but now i am used to it i just lift etc in a different way so i don't get the feeling

I started back lifting weights a few weeks back and the first push up i tried felt awful i cant even do one from my knees to the ground so i am doing pushups from my knees with my hands on my weight bench to build up strength 😭 i couldnt do a chest fly either so i brought really light weights to build up my strength again, i think the more u do it the less weird it will feel.

i wouldnt have even tried anything at 8 weeks i was still nowhere near healed i am 6 months now and feel ok to workout☺

My surgeon said I could return to normal activities at 6 weeks.  I wasn't ready and took the extra 2 weeks. The pushups I was doing were on my knees with barely any body weight resistance and it still felt and looked awful.  The breasts swelled up and went tight and pulled outwards. Eeeek. I wonder if this will improve like you have.  

On 17 March 2016 at 6:03 PM, Piratesdelights said:

I'm nearly 8 weeks PO and have dual plane teardrop implants. When I push down on things like chopping hard foods or trying to dispense showergel by pushing a spout my chest muscles engage and pull the implants and make it feel weird. It doesn't hurt but I certainly don't like the feeling.  

Will this go away as the dropping and fluffing happen or will it stay like this? I'm going back to the tonight for the first time since surgery and tried doing a pushup and it felt so gross and uncomfortable.  

I'm almost 7 months post op and have to say that the weird feeling doesn't go away, but you get used to it. I don't train chest directly anymore with heavy weights, but I'm still doing pushups. I'm still limited in my range of movement during those pushups, and sometimes when I fatigue switch to more shoulder targeted pushups (butt up, elbows closer to your body).

Day to day I only notice the feeling every so often, like if I'm closing/pulling down my work van door or if I bend over to pick something up, I still feel them moving around a bit.

9 hours ago, MaisieF said:

I'm almost 7 months post op and have to say that the weird feeling doesn't go away, but you get used to it. I don't train chest directly anymore with heavy weights, but I'm still doing pushups. I'm still limited in my range of movement during those pushups, and sometimes when I fatigue switch to more shoulder targeted pushups (butt up, elbows closer to your body).

Day to day I only notice the feeling every so often, like if I'm closing/pulling down my work van door or if I bend over to pick something up, I still feel them moving around a bit.

Oh gosh I am not feeling good about the dual placement now.... i am just day 11 post op and I love to work my arms and shoulders. Loves push ups and planks too. I am getting worried now that I won't be able to get back to this :'( 

9 minutes ago, Sash said:

Oh gosh I am not feeling good about the dual placement now.... i am just day 11 post op and I love to work my arms and shoulders. Loves push ups and planks too. I am getting worried now that I won't be able to get back to this :'( 

I do push ups, most chest exercises and plank based core work. It felt weird in the beginning but not painful and now I have no problems at all. You'll find your own experiences as you recover.... Everyone is different 

22 hours ago, Sash said:

you will be fine hun. mine are dual plane also and  at 11 days PO i was literally still in a world of pain and couldn't even tie my hair in a pony tail and couldn't for ages..im now 15 weeks PO and I am back at the gym training and doing push ups and body attack etc! FINALLY! but! this is because i literally focused on recovering properly for 3 solid months and i listened to my body and didnt rush back to the gym. give yourself time and you will be fine 

23 hours ago, Sash said:

I do all those things now with my dual planes! Give yourself MONTHS to heal properly...don't rush into things.

I feel that you might be going through the crappy post op depression stage and second guessing everything? It does get better, I promise.

I am over 3 years post op and mine still move when I engage my pec muscle. I am afraid this doesnt go away but on the bright side, im so used to it now i dont even notice - plus its a cool party trick - just kidding

23 minutes ago, MaisieF said:

I do all those things now with my dual planes! Give yourself MONTHS to heal properly...don't rush into things.

I feel that you might be going through the crappy post op depression stage and second guessing everything? It does get better, I promise.

Did you ever feel sharp pains in one of your breasts only? I am so depressed and in pain post op day 12, I can't walk or move or breathe :'(

1 hour ago, Hannah1111 said:

you will be fine hun. mine are dual plane also and  at 11 days PO i was literally still in a world of pain and couldn't even tie my hair in a pony tail and couldn't for ages..im now 15 weeks PO and I am back at the gym training and doing push ups and body attack etc! FINALLY! but! this is because i literally focused on recovering properly for 3 solid months and i listened to my body and didnt rush back to the gym. give yourself time and you will be fine 

Did you ever feel pain in one beast only? Like sharp pains in the nipple and the bottom half to the breast? I can't move walk or breathe and I have had to join back work today and I felt like I was gonna die

35 minutes ago, Sash said:

Did you ever feel sharp pains in one of your breasts only? I am so depressed and in pain post op day 12, I can't walk or move or breathe :'(

Did you ever feel pain in one beast only? Like sharp pains in the nipple and the bottom half to the breast? I can't move walk or breathe and I have had to join back work today and I felt like I was gonna die

Oh my GOD, you have no idea how bad my recovery was. If you'd been here 7 months ago when I was recovering you'd have seen most days I was on here telling of my awful pain which was worse in weeks 2 and 3, and lasted for months. I couldn't wash my hair for a month, couldn't physically go back to work for 6 weeks and couldn't sleep flat for 12 weeks. I was super depressed in weeks 2 and 3 and finally started to feel better in week 4 when i was walking most days and getting a decent amount of exercise and sunshine.

To answer your question, yes, I had sharp random pains for weeks following my BA. I ended up in tears quite regularly. I didn't feel truly pain free for around 12 weeks. You're still early days in recovery. Can you possibly have more time off work to look after yourself?

Thanks for your replies everyone.  Push ups have gotten easier and the pulling sensation doesn't seem so uncomfortable but it's still happening. I guess I may need to face the fact it'll be there forever.  

On 29/03/2016 at 8:16 PM, TheFox said:

on the bright side, im so used to it now i dont even notice - plus its a cool party trick - just kidding

I was thinking this the other day @TheFox Hahaha