BA-finally

Getting braces removed

Hi all, I'm getting my braces taken off in three weeks and I'm a mix of extremely excited and ***** scared lol!

i am phobic of dentists it took every ounce of courage and determination to get braces in the first place, I'm just hoping for people's experiences with getting them off, if it hurts, if I should take pain relief before I go in and anything I should know to settle my nerves a bit prior to getting them off.

No pain relief trust me I'm the biggest wuss especially with dentists and I was fine.

I think more than anything the excitement overcomes the nerves a fair bit!

It's just a little pressure but absolutely no pain at all.

excitement is the greatest thing ever!!!

3 weeks! Congrats. Its going to be the best feeling! I wore my braces for 3 years as an adult.

Its just a bit of pressure and dentist tools sound a little scary but it doesnt hurt. My advice would be save the nurofen for the next 2 days as the pressure of not having the braces anymore is a little ouchy. Nothing major though. Rememeber the 1st week of having them a bit like that as they settle. Get a scale & clean a week after and u will feel like a million bucks! 😆

Thanks everyone! I've had them 2 years I am sooooo damn excited to get them off lol I keep smiling in the mirror while trying to imagine they're not there lol

ive heard they might hurt for a few days after so I'll get some cepacaine and nurofen for then

i said to mum that I'm going to bring in a pack of chewing gum and I'm going to chew the whole packet ace Ventura style as soon as they're gone haha I've missed chewing gum more than anything lol

So this photo came up on my time hop this morning so I put it next to a photo I took Tuesday night 

excuse the first photo I was trying to show my teeth not smile 😂😂😂

i just can't get over the change!! I've been looking at it all day lol

image.jpeg

I had mine taken off a few weeks ago and it honestly doesn't hurt at all. They were off before I even knew they were off! The only thing I found a little uncomfortable was the cleaning of my teeth after to get any remaining glue off because I have sensitive teeth. You will be fine! Teeth feel so slimmy and weird! Haha! You will be on a massive heigh after! They look better than you try to imagine, because I was like you trying to imagine the brace not there but the reality is even better! Good luck and post a pic! Soo exciting!!!