Survey: How important were reviews when deciding on a surgeon?

Choosing a surgeon?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose a surgeon who has no reviews?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly

I would choose without reviews - if it was a fully qualified plastic surgeon. There are other ways to make decisions rather than reviews which can be skewed on one bad experience for eg that isn't necessarily the surgeons fault. Talking to them, researching credentials etc would do me. 

Cosmetic surgeon - it's very different because I wouldn't have confidence in training and quals alone. 

I chose my surgeon based on other peoples experiences and my own feeling during my consultation. It did help that I was able to speak to many people both in real life and online who had experiences with my surgeon, i felt like I had a good idea of what he was like and that was all affirmed during my consult

Depends on the source and nature of the review. Real life accounts matter more to me than an unknown internet user. Reviews/recommendations from people in the industry matter most.  

The endless deleted reviews here has lead me to stop trusting this site in regards to local surgeons who don't have an established reputation. Reviews for Thailand surgeons- the ones with pictures- have been incredibly helpful. Any review minus photographs is worthless. 

I'm with Pepper regarding cosmetic surgeons. The lack of formal training makes them too much of a risk for me. Jesus could write a review for one and I still wouldn't use them. 

I chose my redo ps as he was highly recommended to me by a lady I used to work with. 

Now I'm unsure who I will go with as I want an internal bra. I will go back to my ps once I've lost weight and see what he says. If he won't do one I will go by reviews and how I feel during my consult. 

Its hard nowadays with reviews as alot of companies in any industry get other competitors writing bogus bad reviews to try and bring people down. 

I always want to see there work and what surgical training they have.  See if they have done cases similar to mine.  To me it really didn't matter plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon as I had mine done by a plastic surgeon years ago and he was dishonest and did a shocking job.

It is nice to speak to other patients on forums ect but I would only make a decision when I met the surgeon and felt comfortable with them. 

I do always trust my gut feeling with people.

Reviews help you to know the surgeons in a better way. People generally share your view and experience with the surgeon. This will give you the understand about how the working of the surgeon is and how effective is his results. So you should always go through their reviews just to get opinion from others. 

I chose my surgeon based on reviews from  here and other sites like Real Self, and also on having my initial consultation , i also spoke to lots of people who have had their boobs done and a couple of real life reccomendations.  It was good to talk to him in person and see his before and afters and reviews from actual patients. 

For boobs I would only ever go with a PS butfor lipo I would be fine using an experienced CS as the best in the industry for lipo are iften CS not PS. I read every review I can find and look at phitos etc but unfortunately so many fake reviews these days. I would love it if a friend recommend soneone but I seem to know no one whos done plastic surgery haha.. so for me it's the reviews, the experience in that particular procedure, pictures and the feel I get at the consultation. Because at the end of the day I need tp be confident that my surgeon will be there for aftercare or complications as well and not only take my.money and leave me