Flying home 48 hrs after surgery.

I am looking at getting my breasts done at TCI and will be travelling from interstate. The surgeon operates on a Friday and the only direct flight home is lunchtime Sunday. Am I kidding myself thinking that I will be able to fly home that soon? Will the pain be unbearable?  Has anyone else flown home 48 hours after surgery? 

Thankyou. 

I think you are. Im also interstate- travelling from Brisbane to Sydney for my op. My op is on a Tuesday and my Dr has said I can fly home on Saturday at the earliest. Im going to book flights for the following tues to be safe. Also you cant lift anything over 5kg- so are you flying home by yourself or do you have someone to help you?

47 minutes ago, Honey bunny said:

You'll be fine. I travelled interstate for my BA and flew back home 48hrs post op. I had no issues travelling home so soon. I really could have flown out the next day and it wouldn't have made a difference for me. 

Some people, like us, handle surgery really well. There have been women on here who haven't been able to get out of bed or pull their pants up for the first week. It really does depend on how your body reacts to the surgery. 

2 hours ago, LaurenT said:

Some people, like us, handle surgery really well. There have been women on here who haven't been able to get out of bed or pull their pants up for the first week. It really does depend on how your body reacts to the surgery. 

Not just that but I believe it does depend on your pain tolerance. @Mum of three You have birthed 3 babies this is a walk in the park in comparison ? 

On 6 July 2016 at 4:12 PM, Honey bunny said:

Not just that but I believe it does depend on your pain tolerance. @Mum of three You have birthed 3 babies this is a walk in the park in comparison ? 

Bahaha....Thanks honey bunny! My mum told me the same thing! I have a pretty high pain tolerance after 3 births! 

On 6 July 2016 at 0:44 PM, Honey bunny said:

You'll be fine. I travelled interstate for my BA and flew back home 48hrs post op. I had no issues travelling home so soon. I really could have flown out the next day and it wouldn't have made a difference for me. 

My flights are booked exactly 48 hours after surgery! 

So excited yet soooo nervous! ?

On 10 July 2016 at 11:03 PM, Mum of three said:

Bahaha....Thanks honey bunny! My mum told me the same thing! I have a pretty high pain tolerance after 3 births! 

My flights are booked exactly 48 hours after surgery! 

So excited yet soooo nervous! ?

Don't be nervous! Everything will be fine. You'll go into theatre, they'll give you the anaesthesia (if you are getting GA) you'll be knocked out immediately and then you'll suddenly wake up with awesome boobies and realise there was no real reason to be so nervous. GL ?

5 hours ago, Honey bunny said:

Don't be nervous! Everything will be fine. You'll go into theatre, they'll give you the anaesthesia (if you are getting GA) you'll be knocked out immediately and then you'll suddenly wake up with awesome boobies and realise there was no real reason to be so nervous. GL ?

Thanks heaps! Just what I needed to hear! I really hope it's as smooth as that. Xx