Second thoughts....?

EmT

Hi everyone,

So, my ba is booked for september and most of the time I'm so so excited!

But then occasionally I get a wave of panic and I think "what the hell am I doing!!?" I consider cancelling but then I remember how much I've always wanted bigger boobs and how what I have now is never going to change if I don't go through with this.

I guess my main worries are if they turn out awful, have to be removed and I end up with worse than I had. Also, the guilt of spending so much money on myself when I have 4 kids, a mortgage, a husband. 

I mainly only have these doubts at night though, you know when your mind plays tricks late at night...

I guess I'm just wondering if this sounds pretty normal? Have any of you had these crazy doubts? :(

Happy to find someone who's feeling the same, @vlh76! I think I just get overwhelmed easily, at night when I'm tired. It's a little daunting thinking this isn't just a one off thing. I'll definitely need further surgeries as things change in the future, hopefully the very distant future ;)

Have you booked a surgeon and a date? I wasn't doing this until I booked. I guess it's just much more real now and a huge commitment...

Yep, I booked a surgeon before I had even had a consult! I'm going with Tony Connell in Perth and had heard he had a bit of a waitlist. I needed to get this done within the first two weeks of August as my parents will be over from the east to help after hubby goes back to work. I had two consults late last month and decided to go with Dr Connell anyway. So lucky I booked when I did as he was already full by the time I had my consult! ??

I did the same thing , wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I also have 3 kids and a business and we are travelling to Sydney to get it done. I booked my surgery date and paid deposit before I even had a consultation with dr M. But it wasn't until my consultation with him that I was 100% sure that this was something I really needed to do. Now I can't wait. In fact I have regrets that I'm waiting until September. I'm sure there will be moments of doubt still to come though. Especially in the days leading up.

I absolutely wish I could get it done before september too, @Honeycakes. September 1st was the soonest I could book with Mansoor Mirkazemi though.

I have a consultation with Craig Rubenstein on thursday, if he has something sooner and we like him just as much as mansoor i might just change my surgery booking! Despite the price difference between the two...

I'm 3 days away from surgery and I go from excitement to dread constantly! 

Oh I can't wait to have boobs/ what if I don't wake up?

i can wear all the tops and dresses I always wanted to/The pain is going to kill me

i havnt slept all week coz I just want it over with!

You know your doing the right thing and everything will be great a year from now. 

@EmT This is my dilemma!  I've wanted to get my boobs done for about 10 years now. But I keep chickening out, one day I'm confident and think yep I'm going to do it, then the next day I keep thinking "what if something goes wrong, etc etc". I just don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to take the leap and that upsets me. Everyone I know who has had them done say it's the best decision they've ever made. 

Ugh! It's such a tough decision isn't it @Modme! I've wanted to have it done for a long time too, around 18+ years. I figure that if I've wanted it for this long I'm never going to stop wanting it and suddenly be satisfied with what I have, so it's time now. Hopefully I don't regret it.

The more I hear from other women feeling like this the more confident I'm feeling that I'll  to be able to do it. I'm seeing that it's totally normal to feel like this. Majority of women are happy with their decision once it's done so why shouldn't we get to feel like that too :)

Oh my gosh I could have written your post @EmT ! Everyday I flip flop between being excited and then second guessing myself. I have two small children, so feel selfish and guilty that I won't be able to lift them for a while. And it's soooooo much money. Will I really feel that much better afterwards to justify the cost? Sigh.

This is completely normal! I went through the same exact thing before my BA, I was so worried that if something went wrong I would hate myself forever for doing it to myself. My main push was that I also figured that after wanting it for 10 years I was never going to stop wanting to get it done, so either I wait longer and get it when I'm in my 30s, or get to enjoy them while I'm still in my 20s ;) 

I also figured that no matter what happened it wouldn't be much worse than what I had to start with, and I would always wonder if I should do it, so basically that sealed the deal for me. 

Best decision ever, and now I don't know why I ever waited so long!

This is all perfectly normal girls, the excitement of finally having it done, the nerves of pain/complication/restrictions and the dreaded guilt of spending all that money when we have children, bills, mortgages etc..  

I was exactly the same but now I am done and I am looking forward to summer I do not regret the decision one bit.  

Good luck

@EmT I totally get how you feel, I used to do the exact same thing google till all hrs of the night making sure I was well educated and reassuring myself it was the right decisions. It's hard I kept going back and forth all the time asking my partner am I doing the right thing. I felt selfish about the decision to do it and spending that kind of money and started saying things like "there's people out there with no food, money or family and here I am healthy, roof over my head, money, love and family" I battled with that in my head and I never told anyone I was going for the operation as I feared their opinion or response.

but it's the best decision and I'm so happy, my life's changed and I feel happier and more confident.