Jump to content

Surgery tomorrow. The anxiety is making me ill


Teresa2182
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can't believe how nervous I am! And paying money for this. 

My date has finally come and now I'm full of "oh no, maybe this is a bad idea" and what if scenarios. 

I thought I was doing ok with it but after I said goodbye to my work mates last night I started having heart palpitations. A lot of them, which I havnt suffered with since starting magnesium. When i got home hubby was telling me it's prob anxiety from surgery. I slept ok but now I'm awake and the anxiety is insane. How am I supposed to survive till tomorrow afternoon? And now have the added heart palpitations making me feel worse. 

 

How did you stay calm yourself before surgery? Any anxiety remedies that work for you? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Teresa2182 said:

I can't believe how nervous I am! And paying money for this. 

My date has finally come and now I'm full of "oh no, maybe this is a bad idea" and what if scenarios. 

I thought I was doing ok with it but after I said goodbye to my work mates last night I started having heart palpitations. A lot of them, which I havnt suffered with since starting magnesium. When i got home hubby was telling me it's prob anxiety from surgery. I slept ok but now I'm awake and the anxiety is insane. How am I supposed to survive till tomorrow afternoon? And now have the added heart palpitations making me feel worse. 

 

How did you stay calm yourself before surgery? Any anxiety remedies that work for you? 

 

Hey @Teresa2182, how are you feeling? As i know you were sick with a head cold, is it getting any better? How exciting re tomorrow, what you are going through is totally natural! I'm sure it happens to most girls right before their ops! You will look great hun, your in the hands of one of the best plastic surgeons in australasia, he knows what he is doing, so just trust him! I know thats easy to say when I'm still 6 weeks off and you'll probably need to say the same thing to me in 6 weeks time lol but you'll do fine and have some awesome boobies afterwards too! Hang in there!! Have you tried rescue remedy to calm your nerves? And lavender oil on your palms/temples will help too! Good luck! Let us know how you go! Xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You poor thing.... i am yet to have surgery but i would be having a cup of tea and putting on one of your favourite tv shows to help distract your mind. I love Lipton Peach & Mango or Dilmah Green tea with Moroccan Mint. 

Maybe grab some lavender oil and pop some on the sleeves of your clothing, that is also soothing.. 

Everything is going to be perfect!

Best of luck and i will be thinking of you over the next couple of days! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Natty11 said:

Hey @Teresa2182, how are you feeling? As i know you were sick with a head cold, is it getting any better? How exciting re tomorrow, what you are going through is totally natural! I'm sure it happens to most girls right before their ops! You will look great hun, your in the hands of one of the best plastic surgeons in australasia, he knows what he is doing, so just trust him! I know thats easy to say when I'm still 6 weeks off and you'll probably need to say the same thing to me in 6 weeks time lol but you'll do fine and have some awesome boobies afterwards too! Hang in there!! Have you tried rescue remedy to calm your nerves? And lavender oil on your palms/temples will help too! Good luck! Let us know how you go! Xx

The cold is much better thanks. I had a whole day around the house with humidifiers going, fluids and panadol. 

 

Will try the lavender as I have some on me. 

4 minutes ago, sparkles16 said:

You poor thing.... i am yet to have surgery but i would be having a cup of tea and putting on one of your favourite tv shows to help distract your mind. I love Lipton Peach & Mango or Dilmah Green tea with Moroccan Mint. 

Maybe grab some lavender oil and pop some on the sleeves of your clothing, that is also soothing.. 

Everything is going to be perfect!

Best of luck and i will be thinking of you over the next couple of days! :D

Those teas sound divine! I'll grab some when I do the groceries later. 

 

 

I know it will and I trust my surgeon I just can't control my body when it comes to subconscious stresses lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know how you feel! I was exactly  the same...and I think its only natural  to be nervous. I was shaking when my surgeon was marking my boobs and then once they give you a drug to calm you down you do not care about anything! And then after that you wake up and its all over and you will have new boobs. Don't worry yourself sick with the what if's. It's just not worth it! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just know I'll be the same! I get heart palpitations every day as it is, since I had cancer in 2012, so I know I'll be a mess!

Glad to hear your feeling better from your cold :)

The only advice I can offer is to keep your eyes on the prize! Have a nice warm bath, see if hubby will give you a massage, google some nice new bras and outfits that you'll be able to show your new girlies off in :) Good luck tomorrow! So excited for you!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, I'll be feeling totally the same way in a few weeks time when my date is up.  

I'm not sure there is much anyone can do or say to make you feel better. You just have to get through it and get yourself to the hospital! I'm sure once you're there the staff will make you feel better and it'll all be over before you know it.

Until then try and keep yourself occupied and hopefully time will pass quickly. You'll be happy once it's over. 

 

Good luck! ?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Myturn said:

I am like this today :/  I am having surgery Wednesday and am self medicating with wine at the moment, which is probably a no-no.

@Myturn I know my PS has said no wine (especially red) and no alcohol for 2-3 weeks prior to surgery and 2 weeks after! Might be wise to make it just the one sneaky one ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...