Internal bra. Anyone else? Depressed and Starting to regret surgery

Teresa2182

Has anyone else had an internal bra done? I can't find any info on the recovery from this procedure and from what I've read on other BAs I seem to be a bit of a sook considering I'm in an extreme amount of pain. I go ok after taking my meds but 4hrs later I'm crying and rocking in agony. When I stand up I feel like my breasts are being pulled down. I'm so sore on the side boobs that I can't even touch the right one. Had my first shower today and had to rush through as I felt faint.  I'm just wondering if maybe the internal stitches prove to be a bit harder to recover from coz at this moment I really am regretting my op. I'm only day 2/3 and I can't imagine it getting worse. 

I haven't had an internal bra, but just wanted to say keep on top of your pain killers I got given panadiene forte and diazepam and I set an alarm in my phone so I didn't forget, I was near comatose for 5 days ? Also when i got up I would hold my boobs with my forearm (if that makes sense) so gravity didn't pull them down 

I was the same, I was in a lot of pain, had so much swelling on the sides, my left side under arm still hurts it's still swollen, first 4 days every time I got up I would have to sit still for a few minutes and get used to the pain than slowly get up hold my boobs and walk to the toilet..lol, it was horrible the first 4-5 days. I don't think u would feel internal stitches, it's more the swelling and tightness u are feeling, and it will get better. ? Also with internal bra, u have to be extremely careful that u do not pop the stitches, don't lift anything and try and rest stay in bed for a day if u can, to allow time to heal..

I suspect your pain is worse because you had a more invasive procedure. I was prescribed Paracetamal/Codeine (500mg Paracetamal and 30mg of codeine per tablet) by my ps. The instructions were "take 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours." Would you consider being prescribed something different? A 6 hour wait seems tough! I recall my ps saying it was important to take the pain relief every 4 hours even if I felt okay because once the meds wore off I would be in a lot of pain. It sounds like that's what's happening to you. 

2 hours ago, Suki said:

I suspect your pain is worse because you had a more invasive procedure. I was prescribed Paracetamal/Codeine (500mg Paracetamal and 30mg of codeine per tablet) by my ps. The instructions were "take 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours." Would you consider being prescribed something different? A 6 hour wait seems tough! I recall my ps saying it was important to take the pain relief every 4 hours even if I felt okay because once the meds wore off I would be in a lot of pain. It sounds like that's what's happening to you. 

This is my medication. You can only have a max of 8 a day so 2 every 6hrs. If I could sleep q whole night and not need to get up for meds I might be able to do every 4 but it's day 3 now and I just woke up after 7hrs with agonizing morning boob and a back that feels like it will snap off. 

9 minutes ago, Sunnycoast83 said:

I work in pharmacy. You can call your surgeon or his staff and say the pain is just too much. He can always fax a script to your local pharmacy for something extra for the pain. Hope the pain ends soon for you xxx

I have a script for Endone but last time I had it I got respiratory distress, also can't have tramadol so I'm solvers limited in options. I'm into day 3 day now and the pain is bad but I'm coping. I still have an hour before meds are due but I'm not screaming in pain as I was last night which is suprising as I was up every hour last night due to my little boy having a spew bug. Which I'm praying I don't catch!

There was another patient on this forum of Dr M's who had an internal bra and had a really rough recovery. If you search for the thread called "my recovery" by Maisie F you can read her story (sorry not sure how to link it). So you are not alone but you might be in for a slower recovery than a straight BA. Hang in there, hopefully each day is better than the last xx 

I think there are a few different ways to do an internal bra.

I had revision surgery 3 weeks ago which included removing old implants, removing the capsule, putting in new implants, and also fitting a ti-loop mesh internal bra.  I found the day of surgery and the next day quite hard, but from day 3 have been up and about and feeling pretty good.  

Do you know what method of internal bra you have?

4 minutes ago, Abevemi said:

I think there are a few different ways to do an internal bra.

I had revision surgery 3 weeks ago which included removing old implants, removing the capsule, putting in new implants, and also fitting a ti-loop mesh internal bra.  I found the day of surgery and the next day quite hard, but from day 3 have been up and about and feeling pretty good.  

Do you know what method of internal bra you have?

No idea Dr M just said I needed it to keep the implant secure as after a massive weight loss I had a lot of skin. Even more than he thought as he was going for 420 implants and then when I woke up said they were too small as were 475 so I got 495s. That's all I know. All my pain is side boob (right especially) and it feels like it's pulling when I stand so I'm just guessing it's internal stitching. 

I had a lot of pulling discomfort early on also (still do to a lesser degree now).  I just stopped moving as soon as I felt the pull early on, and then at about 2 weeks I started stretching to try and help it along (not too far, just to the point of certain discomfort).  

I think its definitely worth a call or at least an email to check that what you are feeling is at it should be.

I have sent an email but I guess being Sunday I have to wait till tomorrow to hear anything. 

I went out twice yesterday to get supplies (1hour and then 1/2 and hour) so maybe I pushed too hard for POD2. I'm much more tired today so having a "Netflix day" and going to my mums for dinner tonight. I wish the "peak" pain and swelling would come so then my anxiety will lessen a bit and I'll be able to cope knowing it's getting better. 

As as much as I tried I was not prepped for the mental side. Even after 2 natural births and an extended TT. 

Thanks for for all the input guys. 

I had an internal bra. I found the pain really hard to manage. My bra was ridiculously tight and I don't think I prepared myself for how sore I was going to be. I also had rib cartilage resected for my nose which added to it all.

I am a nurse so I wasn't afraid to hit the pain meds! I took Paracetamol every 4-6 hours (you can take four hourly so long as you don't exceed 8 in a 24hr period). I took Valium 5mg a couple times a day for the first 4-5 days. I took 2 Nurofen along with the Panadol and then Endone 2-3 times a day. Some surgeons don't like Nurofen but others are fine with it and to be honest I think that was the best painkiller for me. 

I won't lie. It was really hard. I had to sleep on my back for 7 weeks and getting out of bed was so hard and I became quite depressed but it does get easier!!! Moving around is the best remedy, even if it's slow. You will get there!

47 minutes ago, Teresa2182 said:

I have sent an email but I guess being Sunday I have to wait till tomorrow to hear anything. 

I went out twice yesterday to get supplies (1hour and then 1/2 and hour) so maybe I pushed too hard for POD2. I'm much more tired today so having a "Netflix day" and going to my mums for dinner tonight. I wish the "peak" pain and swelling would come so then my anxiety will lessen a bit and I'll be able to cope knowing it's getting better. 

As as much as I tried I was not prepped for the mental side. Even after 2 natural births and an extended TT. 

Thanks for for all the input guys. 

Hi love, Maybe the two trips out yesterday were too much for you.... You have just had a fairly big surgery. 

You have to let yourself recover. Hopefully you will get a good rest day in today and that you will fell better soon. 

1 hour ago, SACER said:

Teresa2182, I am keen to hear how you are today?  I hope you are better..

hi. Thy as definatly the worst time I have had this recovery!

i stayed home and ontop of all meds yesterday and did a lot better. My right shoulder blade is where most all my pain is at. I can't get comfortable and took ages to get to sleep last night. 

Today I managed to walk to the corner store and back which really pulls the boobs down but so far improving a little. Going to ask the nurse today if I can have a massage from a friend to get the knots out of my shoulder blade

Oh @Teresa2182, it sounds horrific! I wonder if its like this for everyone who has internal bras? I can't find a great deal of info on them. Dr M has said he would do one for @Natty11 and I in August and now im worried! He said it's so i can go braless in tops/dresses which i probably wouldn't do anyway as i have nipples that are permanently in "high beam" headlight mode! I hope the pain subsides soon. I had planned 3 days with no kids around but if im like u i might want an extra day or two!

@ree11 He said the same to me and like you since being told I cannot find very much info on them or the healing process other than they are great and worth it. 

All i I wanted was to fill my sacks of skin so the "braless" idea wasn't a huge thing for me but he did say he is doing them on the majority of his patients now. 

I was out of the hospital by 7pm Thursday and hubby and I stayed at the hotel that night and picked up kids Friday morning. Mine are 8/10 so they don't need much care thankfully coz I've been quite useless. 

The day I wrote the OP was a tough day by far but I do put a lot of pressure on myself to get back to it ASAP especially after reading about girls going out shopping and clubbing a day or so later but everyone is different but will all get to the same spot where we are loving them soon enough (I hope). The fact that my back spasm is more pain than my boobs speaks volumes though. 

He he is the best so we gotta trust the man!

2 hours ago, Teresa2182 said:

@ree11 He said the same to me and like you since being told I cannot find very much info on them or the healing process other than they are great and worth it. 

All i I wanted was to fill my sacks of skin so the "braless" idea wasn't a huge thing for me but he did say he is doing them on the majority of his patients now. 

I was out of the hospital by 7pm Thursday and hubby and I stayed at the hotel that night and picked up kids Friday morning. Mine are 8/10 so they don't need much care thankfully coz I've been quite useless. 

The day I wrote the OP was a tough day by far but I do put a lot of pressure on myself to get back to it ASAP especially after reading about girls going out shopping and clubbing a day or so later but everyone is different but will all get to the same spot where we are loving them soon enough (I hope). The fact that my back spasm is more pain than my boobs speaks volumes though. 

He he is the best so we gotta trust the man!

@Teresa2182 and @ree11. I agree, I think Dr M does the internal bra on most of his patients he probably just doesn't mention it to everyone. I have looked into the internal bra process and surgeons generally do it for people that want to go bra-less or for people with weak (stretched) skin that may not be able to support the implant, its a good precaution so that they don't bottom out. I wouldn't worry to much about people going out clubbing or shopping the next day, everyone heals differently and they are getting different sized implants, and they are all different shapes and sizes so each person body will adjust differently. Plus for all we know they could be doing more damage then good by pushing themselves earlier then they should. Plus it is major surgery, they are removing your muscle off the bone and there is alot of nerve damage that will need to repair itself and it wont happen over night. It sounds like your boobs aren't really giving you much issue 'pain wise' Teresa but more the spasms in your back/shoulder etc. Im sure its a slow process and there will be nerve numbness and ache and pains for a while to come, but just know its normal, as the nurse has said to you Teresa. I get the impatient thing as I'm very much that way too amd will probably freak come my turn too that IM not 100% day one! haha but we have to trust the process, its not like we are the first people that have or will ever have this procedure so I'm sure there are people out there having it too, they might not be on the forum or they might not be as vocal, so dont stress I'm sure it will all be fine in the long run. take each day as it comes :) and before long you will forget the pain and be totally enjoying your new assets! xx

30 minutes ago, Natty11 said:

@Teresa2182 and @ree11. I agree, I think Dr M does the internal bra on most of his patients he probably just doesn't mention it to everyone. I have looked into the internal bra process and surgeons generally do it for people that want to go bra-less or for people with weak (stretched) skin that may not be able to support the implant, its a good precaution so that they don't bottom out. I wouldn't worry to much about people going out clubbing or shopping the next day, everyone heals differently and they are getting different sized implants, and they are all different shapes and sizes so each person body will adjust differently. Plus for all we know they could be doing more damage then good by pushing themselves earlier then they should. Plus it is major surgery, they are removing your muscle off the bone and there is alot of nerve damage that will need to repair itself and it wont happen over night. It sounds like your boobs aren't really giving you much issue 'pain wise' Teresa but more the spasms in your back/shoulder etc. Im sure its a slow process and there will be nerve numbness and ache and pains for a while to come, but just know its normal, as the nurse has said to you Teresa. I get the impatient thing as I'm very much that way too amd will probably freak come my turn too that IM not 100% day one! haha but we have to trust the process, its not like we are the first people that have or will ever have this procedure so I'm sure there are people out there having it too, they might not be on the forum or they might not be as vocal, so dont stress I'm sure it will all be fine in the long run. take each day as it comes :) and before long you will forget the pain and be totally enjoying your new assets! xx

Yes to all this. I spoke to the nurse today and she said all DrMs patients get the bra. And the back is definitely doing my head in. I just caved and took a Valium. Which I don't like coz it spaces me out and causes anxiety (funny since it's an anxiety Med? Lol) 

patience has never been a strong point with me. I'd like it to be all healed up and perfect yesterday!