Gel nails yes or no in surgrey theatre ????

Suzie 8f

So I have had surgery a few times and nails are always mixed topic, I asked and the reception said no painted nails and I asked about gel and they didn't no, I no they need to your see your nail bed to monitor you or is to that not true ??? so should I just leave one with nothing on it or do a simple French?? I'm getting my infill done tomorrow 

I usually get sns. I asked about that and they said no, bare nails only. I know some people just say they can use a toenail but I'm planning on having my sns taken off the day before and hopefully I'll be able to get back the following week.

Hmm I didn't think of a toe nail maybe I'll double check with them again ! A few ladies on here have used my surgeon so I might ask in one of those threads 

I get full sculptured light elegance and they take 4 hrs each sitting and shes booked out 8 weeks in advance so might not be able to get back in for 2 months :( I hate having bare nails ?? the struggle is real lol 

36 minutes ago, Suziet said:

Hmm I didn't think of a toe nail maybe I'll double check with them again ! A few ladies on here have used my surgeon so I might ask in one of those threads 

I get full sculptured light elegance and they take 4 hrs each sitting and shes booked out 8 weeks in advance so might not be able to get back in for 2 months :( I hate having bare nails ?? the struggle is real lol 

No @Suziet Nothing is allowed, ?. But don't worry u will wake up with new boobs. ?

@D e I just realized you are a Dr Birch patient alsalso did they say anything to you?? I asked Rebecca and she couldn't answer she said I guess if there on then they ain't coming off but maybe hasn't been asked before ?

Thanks @imperfectly_lou I have had nails on for other surgreys so wasn't sure, I feel like wouldn't most girls have nails on these days 

2 hours ago, Suziet said:

@D e I just realized you are a Dr Birch patient alsalso did they say anything to you?? I asked Rebecca and she couldn't answer she said I guess if there on then they ain't coming off but maybe hasn't been asked before ?

Thanks @imperfectly_lou I have had nails on for other surgreys so wasn't sure, I feel like wouldn't most girls have nails on these days 

Yes I am ?. The hospital will call u the day before op, they have told me no makeup, no acrylic/gel nails, no deodorant, and u will need to have a shower with a medicated wash morning of ur surgery. I did have gel on my toes and that was ok I was told as long as nothing was on my finger nails. 

2 hours ago, D e said:

Yes I am ?. The hospital will call u the day before op, they have told me no makeup, no acrylic/gel nails, no deodorant, and u will need to have a shower with a medicated wash morning of ur surgery. I did have gel on my toes and that was ok I was told as long as nothing was on my finger nails. 

? thank you so much otherwise that would have been a nightmare as mine don't come off at all !! Awesome brand of gel but lol 

I'm gonna look a right mess on the day as my nail and hair appointments both got canceled ??

50 minutes ago, Suziet said:

? thank you so much otherwise that would have been a nightmare as mine don't come off at all !! Awesome brand of gel but lol 

I'm gonna look a right mess on the day as my nail and hair appointments both got canceled ??

Haha, I did too and a whole week after the op. No make up, hated it ??

7 minutes ago, Suziet said:

I choose stealth hopefully under the radar as natural as I could but gel lol funny I paid for nails to look like I didn't have nails on ? my nail tech said she has lots of clients who have had surgrey and these pass everytime 

20160728_170604.jpg

I love them ? They look so natural love the shape too..

Hi everyone ? 

Just wanted to let you know my experience because it only happened yesterday. I asked the same question and a girl from the hospital rang me and said sns was fine but they'd want one nail with nothing on it or if all my fingernails were covered they would just check on a toe. 

8 minutes ago, Misty01 said:

Hi everyone ? 

Just wanted to let you know my experience because it only happened yesterday. I asked the same question and a girl from the hospital rang me and said sns was fine but they'd want one nail with nothing on it or if all my fingernails were covered they would just check on a toe. 

Thanks great to no, I have bad luck so thought I'd play it safe lol 

On 27 July 2016 at 11:36 AM, D e said:

Hi @D e do you know why no make up is allowed.  Can I just have a bit of concealer under eyes, I don't wanna leave home with the panda eyes :( and silly question: what is a medicated wash?

@Marchie you are meant to be completely sterile as you are entering a theatre and nothing can contaminate or cross across etc so no normal soap or cream or anything, they give you a special soap you must wash yourself with before coming, I have had a few surgreys previously and it's always unflattering but I guess they don't care they are doing a job but I totally feel you as I hate going anywhere fresh faced lol

I'm unsure what others have done but my hospital procedures where as I mentioned :)