Chest exercises? Routine advice!

Missy35

Hey girls! 

I  know different surgeons have different advice about this, and mine personally said it was fine, but I think i'd rather not train my chest ever again, to keep my implants looking good. I would however, like to continue doing arm, shoulder and back exercises :-/ Can anyone tell me what I should specifically avoid? And what should I focus on? I've been doing Kayla Itsines BBG up until now, but there are so many burpees / commandos / tricep dips / push ups, so i've stopped and am just doing cardio, legs and abs for now. I'm still 4 months out from actually having surgery, but i'd like to alter my routine now. Does anyone have any good advice? It would be SO appreciated! <3

Your along way out from surgery so I wouldn't even being stressing about it just yet . 

I stopped all chest exercise 4 weeks prior to surgery . My surgeon said it wouldn't make any difference  though I was erring on the side of caution . I would  always suggest taking your surgeons advice though. 

I started chest exercises very slowly from 3 months PO . Now it's just a normal Part of my routine as prior to surgery .  It's all about balance  . I actually do way more chest work than I did before BA and they look even better in my opinion  . I was so scared of chest work after BA . My trainer has implants , unders same as me and she looks amazing!    when she explained about the whole body balance thing it made complete sense so I train chest just as much as the rest of my muscles  . Everyone  I know that has implants still does chest work with no negative impact . You are inadvertently training your chest with all sorts of other exercises anyway if your a gym junkie .  Don't be scared seriously you will probably be fine either way .  ? 

I'm currently 3.5 years post op dual plane and am one who doesn't actively work my chest but also does Kayla (18+ months) and I'm actually booked in for a revision partially due to a strong pec muscle pushing my right implant to the side and I now have a dent in my cleavage which needs to be fixed. As you know with Kayla it involves push ups (which I do on my knees only to be careful) and tricep dips etc and my PS has told me to avoid all chest work from now on. 

I am sure I am one of only a few that this happened to but it is worth telling this as it can happen. In the next few months from stopping all pec work it could improve but will not be 100% hence my revision (that and I want more upper pole). Just listen to your surgeon and go from there. There are so many women on here that still do chest work with no issues so don't stress at the moment. 

I go on the rower, do side raises, skipping rope, more abs, legs days and body attack classes (but do other things instead of push ups). There are still things you can do if you want to stop chest and concentrate on arms and legs etc but again don't stress. 

i don't think there is a problem working on your whole body while your pre op, if anything make the most of these 4 months!! Post op I started with cardio then legs then arms/shoulders/back. I don't work chest I mean what for really if there's implants there.. But at the start ull find it uncomfortable when working on back and triceps because it is pulling your chest muscles... 5 months post op I'm still not comfortable to do push ups on my toes and dips It feels so odd so I rather not do it but everything else Im good! I also do body attack and I was fully comfortable to jump do burpees and all that after 3 months, I got a bigger implant so I think they say healing time is longer... you won't know what u can do until you are back in the gym and if anything feels uncomfortable then you just don't do it. Wait some time and see how it feels. You will know what you can and can't do :) 

Thanks ladies, I've heard that surgery is more painful if you have stronger and more developed pecs, which is obviously like to avoid, lol. Plus, it seems like some of the leading surgeons say no more chest work, and I'd like to avoid a revision as much as possible, so I'd like to alter my routine now.