Exercise post op

Teresa2182

So I'm 4 weeks tomorrow (450 implants with internal bra, no lift) and back to work. I've been walking but yesterday I decided to try up it a bit and did a bit of dance/walking to music at home to up intensity and get some steps in. Was fine. Tried again today and after 20 mins I felt very breathless so stopped and now when I walk around I have chest pressure and a bit of side pulling. Is this normal coming back to exercise?

I get heart palps a lot and had heart checks in the pasta so not too worried about that kind of thing. 

The surgery does mess you up for a while and it's best to ease into it. But there is a period where you have to keep your heart rate to a reasonable level, but it doesn't sound like you were very intensively exercising, it will just take a while to get your fitness back. Long walks are great though - makes the new girls bounce less ?

I have a similar question! I'm 6 weeks post-op today and I've been cleared by my surgeon to return to any exercise I want but I'm nervous. I usually go to body jam (dance) and body combat (lots of punching (!) and some press ups/conditioning) and I'm worried this will be too much and I'll pull a muscle or something. Girls that went back to exercise after 6 weeks did you just go straight back in to what you were doing before or did you have to ease in slowly?

Hey lovely

My advice as a PT and 8 months PO is 

Take it easy there is no hurry ...you will return to your pre op fitness for some it takes longer ... dont compare to others on here ect 

I took it very slow as i did not want to ruin my new boobs or delay the healing process.. they are settling in and u dont want to over do it especially with heavy lifting .. 

I was 6 weeks po wheni picked up a dumb bell i was cleared to do so but started very very light ..same with compound movements. . Even though i felt i could lift heavier i didn't ..very frustrating i know .. im back to pre op strength now and quite happy with that .

I also double bagged with 2 bras most of thw time  especially with upper body training ... and lots of mobility shoulder exercises..

Also never bench pressed only occasionally diamond push ups and incline bench ...

In saying all this i have a check up with my surgeon on monday as my gap has gotten bigger over the last 4 months so im hoping its NOT from training too heavy in this time ...

So go slow xx

On 8/12/2016 at 9:21 PM, Thewhitepony said:

I have a similar question! I'm 6 weeks post-op today and I've been cleared by my surgeon to return to any exercise I want but I'm nervous. I usually go to body jam (dance) and body combat (lots of punching (!) and some press ups/conditioning) and I'm worried this will be too much and I'll pull a muscle or something. Girls that went back to exercise after 6 weeks did you just go straight back in to what you were doing before or did you have to ease in slowly?

I do combat. Just start off easy and keep it low impact. Don't over extend the punches until 3 months. Get a good sports bra lol