Ruptured Breast Implant

sharonb

My silicone gel breast implants are 17 years old & just recently an ultrasound confirmed one of them has a small capsulized rupture. It is uncomfortable & my GP advises that I need the implants replaced but said I will not get treated under the public hospital system.  He said I need to see a private plastic surgeon and could not tell me what the costs would be. I do not have private health insurance, so I need to save up. Can anyone advise me roughly how much this will cost (Perth)? Does Medicare cover any of the costs?

Hi Sharonb, 

I have recently had my implants revised in Geelong (Vic) with Body Recon Richard Rahdon, I do have private health insurance so was very pleasantly surprised that BUPA covered lots. However, I did get a quote prior I was looking at around $12000 if I was not covered.  Good luck.

oh dear this sounds like me.mine are 16 years old . at 10 years i had a check because my right side felt firm after lots of floor scrubbing. of sourse right side gets more work if youre right handed. but now its happened again and the breast just isnt like the left side. im going to the doctor this week but really interested in how others felt. so an ultrasound can tell whats going on?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...