Dry, sore skin 2 weeks post op!

I've basically had a really smooth recovery. I'm 15 days post op today and am back to doing most things. I'm sleeping on my side again (was sleeping on my back from night 2 on), I can drive and lift most things that I need to. I'm careful not to overdo it, of course. I had decreased sensation for the first few week and then it started to return. Now the past few days my skin has been super dry to the point where it's flaking around the nipple. It's also itchy and due to the scratching I've probably made it extra sensitive because now it kills. Every time I move and my bra pushes against my skin in a certain way, it really stings. I've started putting moisturiser on my boobs because the dry skin is probably what's making them so sensitive and I'm going to pick up some bio-oil tomorrow. Anybody else have any suggestions? I just find it strange that I'm only feeling it now in my recovery when everything else has settled down. 

my ps says it's nerve pain and can last up to 3 months.  sounds like your nerves have now started to recover.  it was about 14 days post op for me too.  felt like sunburn almost, couldn't stand even a bra on sometimes, the teeniest bit of friction would hurt.

I was told not to use any kind of moisturiser near the incisions but he did recommend hirudoid cream which you can get from the chemist.

i got it from chemist warehouse and mostly used it on side boob - it helps with bruising and enlarged veins (which also contributes to the nerve pain feeling).  It helps a bit but honestly 2 weeks to 4 weeks was not awesome for the nerve pain no matter what.  the occasional zinger of shooting pain through the nipple is :unsure: too.