How soon can I travel after?

Dee82

I have finally booked my BA consultation this month for my spring boobs! The question I have is about travelling after surgery. I need to confirm my holiday dates with my partner's and my work, before my consultation appointment date so I'm not going to have a chance to ask the surgeon this Q before my work's holiday leave deadline. I am not sure how close to surgery I can safely go overseas? Has anyone else gone overseas in the months after their BA and if so, how soon? I am so nervous as it is, and don't want to put in for surgery leave as well as holiday leave and find I've mistimed it all. Any feedback would be much appreciated.    

i would also think about the possibility of not feeling awesome in the first few weeks.  Some girls are fine and others find they have really irritating nerve pain for up to 6 weeks, sometimes longer.  You can't lift anything over 5 kg for 6 weeks either.  And the first 2 weeks sleeping can be uncomfortable.  Depends what the holiday is and for how long I guess.  If the question is can I fly?  well yes, you can fly almost straight away.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @imperfectly_lou that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that logic! Thankfully I have my partner with me for the suitcase lifting so I will be relying on him for the heavy lifting!! Since posting this I have had my surgeon's appointment and he said the same thing re not lifting anything heavy for 6 weeks, so I am good to go! So exciting. Appreciate the feedback ladies thank you!!