The cosmetic Institute southport?

123hugme

Okay so the Cosmetic Institute in southport. Would love your thoughts/opinions
Ive read all about the bad publicity about the surgery from years ago, but are they still like this? Are they still terrible? 
Looking on instagram at their posts and the personal posts real women have tagged them in, their before and after photos are just amazing, personally the best ive seen. But at the same time im really detered because of the publicity they have had. 
Would love your thoughts/opinions ect

If you do a quick search on here you will find many women who are unhappy with their results, even women who have had numerous revisions with TCI and are left with poor results. They're not going to tag unhappy patients on their social media pages, in fact they are heavily moderated so that any bad reviews are removed. I've even heard of a possible class action against them.

I don't believe the before and afters on their Instagram compare to some of Australia's top plastic surgeons to be honest with you. As for southport themselves they haven't even been open for 12 months I don't believe. There are plenty of great results from TCI, but there are so many bad results and hidden stories. It's up to you to decide if saving a few dollars is worth the risk.

6 minutes ago, LaurenT said:

If you do a quick search on here you will find many women who are unhappy with their results, even women who have had numerous revisions with TCI and are left with poor results. They're not going to tag unhappy patients on their social media pages, in fact they are heavily moderated so that any bad reviews are removed. I've even heard of a possible class action against them.

I don't believe the before and afters on their Instagram compare to some of Australia's top plastic surgeons to be honest with you. As for southport themselves they haven't even been open for 12 months I don't believe. There are plenty of great results from TCI, but there are so many bad results and hidden stories. It's up to you to decide if saving a few dollars is worth the risk.

Would you be able to tag me in the search results on here where the women are very unhappybwith their results? Ive had a search and i cant find any? 

I had mine done Thursday there. So results are probably too early to tell. I know of at least 10 ppl personally actually friends who have used tci and haven't had a problem. I've been happy with my treatment so far. I think there is a lot more to the story. Yes ppl are going to get bad results but you have to take all the factors into consideration and then be happy with your decision. I would only trust credible new sources and current affair isn't one of them. I know some of the girls involved are on here and your probably best hearing the story from them.  Media like to sensationalise stuff it's what gets people watching and reading. But when it comes down to it. Do your research and do what you feel happy and confident doing. 

14 hours ago, 123hugme said:

Would you be able to tag me in the search results on here where the women are very unhappybwith their results? Ive had a search and i cant find any? 

The search function for these forums is a joke. Have a look through the revision sub forum and you will find a handful but to be honest there are a lot of bad results they're not hard to find. I really recommend you do your research so at least you're making an informed decision.

Members that I know of who had poor results from TCI include tiger91, Karen, leahcj, summer.daze, sian and lotsablonde. I'm sure I have missed a few. 

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 9:05 PM, 123hugme said:

Okay so the Cosmetic Institute in southport. Would love your thoughts/opinions
Ive read all about the bad publicity about the surgery from years ago, but are they still like this? Are they still terrible? 
Looking on instagram at their posts and the personal posts real women have tagged them in, their before and after photos are just amazing, personally the best ive seen. But at the same time im really detered because of the publicity they have had. 
Would love your thoughts/opinions ect

I had my surgery through TCI Southport about 6.5 months ago. No problems awesome results. If you would like a photo I can send you 1. :)

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 10:02 PM, LaurenT said:

TCI Southport are open. I had mine done there 6.5 months ago. 

2 hours ago, ayesha79 said:

I had my surgery through TCI Southport about 6.5 months ago. No problems awesome results. If you would like a photo I can send you 1. :)

TCI Southport are open. I had mine done there 6.5 months ago. 

I am aware they are open. What I said was they haven't been open for very long. 

Your initial question seems to be asking if they're 'still terrible' or if they've somehow improved. Unless all their cosmetic surgeons have magically become plastic surgeons overnight: not likely. 

You'll find girls with good results, sure (their social media manager deserves an award). You'll find a lot with bad results (the fact @LaurenT rattled off five just off the top of her head, just from this forum alone should scare you). I think maybe @tiger91 posted images of the ruptured implants they took out of her and... my god. 

Save your money and go to somewhere you don't need to worry, doll. Go to a plastic surgeon. 

I just had mine done on Friday through the breast academy. Not the same company but I'm so happy with the support and results of the surgery. I was recommended them from one if the forum managers. You can go through cosmeditour, I went directly through them so it was a little more expensive. 

I have heard there are a lot of bad reviews from the cosmetic institute but I haven't read/seen any. My surgeon kept explaining that because my breast sit apart and one nipple is lower it will be the same after surgery,  maybe some women were aware of results like that hence the bad reviews?

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 0:49 PM, Madsamuffin said:

Your initial question seems to be asking if they're 'still terrible' or if they've somehow improved. Unless all their cosmetic surgeons have magically become plastic surgeons overnight: not likely. 

You'll find girls with good results, sure (their social media manager deserves an award). You'll find a lot with bad results (the fact @LaurenT rattled off five just off the top of her head, just from this forum alone should scare you). I think maybe @tiger91 posted images of the ruptured implants they took out of her and... my god. 

Save your money and go to somewhere you don't need to worry, doll. Go to a plastic surgeon. 

When they were bad, they werent in gold coast, they did twilight sedation, ect ect

gold coast would have different surgeons, they now do general, not twilight, the results are amazing that i ha e seen of recently ect. So it looks to me like they may have improved ;) 

Its not harmful asking the question lol. 

Anywayysss ive decided to go with the breast academy in the gold coast, i got a quote from there thar im happy with :)

5 hours ago, Rike said:

I just had mine done on Friday through the breast academy. Not the same company but I'm so happy with the support and results of the surgery. I was recommended them from one if the forum managers. You can go through cosmeditour, I went directly through them so it was a little more expensive. 

I have heard there are a lot of bad reviews from the cosmetic institute but I haven't read/seen any. My surgeon kept explaining that because my breast sit apart and one nipple is lower it will be the same after surgery,  maybe some women were aware of results like that hence the bad reviews?

Thankyou! I got a quote the other week from cosmeditours and thought id get a quote on monday from the breast institute to compare and im so thankful i did! 

Im going to save myself $500 from going directly through the breast academy! Which im happy about haha 

Im going to book and set a date hopefully this week sometime :D

• 2 weeks later...