Sign in to follow this  
Mama_Milks

Botox Beginner

I have a deep permanent frown line between my eyebrows, I frown when I'm angry, when I'm concentrating, even when I'm sleeping! 

Could botox help? Is it a permanent solution, or does it stop working after a certain amount of time? What price range would I be looking at for such a permanent crease? What are the risks involved between the eyes?

Eta: what should I expect after my first treatment? Could you share your first experience please?

I'm not concerned about any other lines on my face, just the one that makes me look permanently angry. 

Any info appreciated thank you ?

Edited by Mama_Milks

Go for a consult and the injector will be able to tell you all of the risks involved and how many units you will need as everyone is different. There are guides if you google it to tell you the amount of units needed for each area on your face so you would be able to get a rough idea of what to expect with pricing.

My botox lasts me about 3-4 months but I can get away with about 6 months now before I'm really hanging for a treatment. I see Shannon at LCA Queen Street & she is really really good. I think LCA is great but its best if you can get a recommendation for a good injector in your area. I saw another injector my first time and ended up with an eyebrow droop not a good look!! 

Just go & have a chat and see how you feel. I really love botox its softened my lines, I can still move my face and I still look natural. I think its totally worth trying and best part is if you try it and find its not for you it wears off! Let us know how you go 

Thank you for answering, it didn't cross my mind that the person administering would be a point of focus.

Thanks again. 

So next question: Brisbane injector recommendations close to Mount Ommaney? That's the LCA I visited, but if no feedback, I'm happy to head into Queen St.

Hi @Win I had a consult at indro LCA, unfortunately Shannon doesn't work there anymore but I had my consult with Rosie who was lovely. She recommended 24 to 26 units for my frown, and said that that is higher than usual, my line is so deep it's like scarring.

I'm excited but nervous to try it. It was cheaper than I expected too!

Thank you again :)

Awesome!! Although I went to Jamie at Mt Ommaney, 24 units for my frown, across the top of my eyebrows 4 weeks ago. Hasn't taken it away completely as it was already static, but the results are impressive! I'll definitely be going back for more :D