fitmum87

3rd Surgeon and still unsure. Small cc on tall, broad frame.

I went for my to get a 3rd opinion the other day after being told 2 very conflicting opinions from Dr Birch (ps) and TCI (cs).

I have heard great things about Dr Phil Richardson and although he is slightly more expensive than I could afford I managed to finally get my husband on board to help me out financially.

I went in for my first consult and explained I wanted to look proportional to the rest of my body considering I'm 176cm and have a broad chest with a bwd of approx 13.5cm.

I wanted to try and close the gap as much as possible without projecting out too much and not go any bigger than a D/DD.

Anyways I undressed and he said I have some breast tissue to work with but it is approx 9cm from the nipple to my crease as they naturally sit low. He said without a lift my only option is to go HP 330cc to project the nipple out as much as possible so that is doesn't droop. The low nipple doesn't really bother me. What concerned me is he said the implant would only be 11cm wide and I'm worried they won't fill my breasts properly and I will have a massive gap. 

I tried on the sizers and I was happy with them but asked that since I'm going under the muscle I would lose a bit so he said the largest I could go would be 360cc HP dual plane placement with a slight risk of double bubble. I still feel that may not be big enough and worried about a weirdly large gap. I really want to trust his judgement though. 

I guess I want my boobs to go back to looking like they did while I was breastfeeding.. Any other tall ladies that went with smaller hp implants? Thoughts?

im finding it so hard to try and visualise how they will end up looking. I've included a photo of how they are at the moment and how they were while breastfeeding.

IMG_0468.PNG

IMG_0521.PNG

Our boobs change after pregnancy and breastfeeding........and my boobs looked different when they were fully engorged with breastmilk versus breast augmentation. I guess it is important to have a realistic expectation of what you will achieve with a breast augmentation. I know that may sound harsh. But I had to listen to my surgeon prior to surgery when he said that I had a natural gap and because of this, I would still have a gap after having a BA. I started with a 10AA after breastfeeding 3 kids in 5 years. After my BA, I am an 8D/10C........although I find the 8D bras fit me better. I am 2 1/2 years post op and I don't regret my surgery. Yes sometimes my gap bothers me but then I realise no cleavage is the same on every woman........and how boring would it be if every cleavage was. A few ladies close to me have said that my cleavage looks natural which is what I wanted. Dr. Richardson does have a good name. I guess what I am trying to say is the fantasy/idea of what you want your boobs to exactly look like may have to change with the reality of what your anatomy determines. Don't get discouraged though. If this is your dream to have a BA, keep researching. All the best with your journey. x

Thank you for your honest advice.

While I am realistic in the fact they will never sit naturally close I just don't want them to look unnatural and strange being a smaller and more narrow implant on a broad chest. I've tried searching for someone with similar stats and implant choice and nothing really comes close.

All the information I've read goes against what I have been advised. Originally I thought medium/ medium plus profile seeing as though I am not petite. Hoping the 3D vectra will put my mind at ease though. Just frustrated I guess seeing as though Dr Birch said medium profile 350-450cc and TCI said 500cc hp and now a completely different response again. 

Just wish I had 2 similar suggestions to make me a little more confident in my decision. 

Yours look great but that's because you had moderate implants as opposed to high profile so yours look natural. I'm worried mine won't look natural at all as most high profile implants do give the more obvious/ fake look especially being more spaced out. 

Sorry I mean by the gradual slope, especially with a wider bwd. From what I have read a smaller HP on a broad chest will not blend properly especially with an implant only 11cm wide.

I've always seen a mod, mod plus or large  cc HP is suggested on a tall patient. 

I'm hoping the gap is not overly obvious or have tennis balls attached to my chest.

On 29/01/2017 at 1:34 AM, RH4K said:

I have a very large BWD of 16cms and my implants are only 13.5 I believe (maybe 13) and they fit very well ?

Same - I thought I would need Mods with a BWD of 15cm but I got given HPs with about 13cm width and they are perfect. Every woman is different so I wouldn't focus on those numbers too much. HPs on me now make sense as I had some breast tissue to work with and I wanted cleavage over side-boob.

It may be a good idea to see one more surgeon anyway.

I hope you can find some clarity soon. I completely understand how difficult it is to chose a surgeon and trust their choice. As many people would know I'm very unhappy with my result from Dr Birch. So my advice is definitely don't rush into your decision until you are 100% confident in your surgeon.  My breast width was 14.5cm and I'm about 170cm. I went with a moderate profile implant on Dr Birch's suggestion. I'm continuing to battle ongoing issues with pain and uneven implants. 

On 27/01/2017 at 11:23 AM, fitmum87 said:

I went for my to get a 3rd opinion the other day after being told 2 very conflicting opinions from Dr Birch (ps) and TCI (cs).

I have heard great things about Dr Phil Richardson and although he is slightly more expensive than I could afford I managed to finally get my husband on board to help me out financially.

I went in for my first consult and explained I wanted to look proportional to the rest of my body considering I'm 176cm and have a broad chest with a bwd of approx 13.5cm.

I wanted to try and close the gap as much as possible without projecting out too much and not go any bigger than a D/DD.

Anyways I undressed and he said I have some breast tissue to work with but it is approx 9cm from the nipple to my crease as they naturally sit low. He said without a lift my only option is to go HP 330cc to project the nipple out as much as possible so that is doesn't droop. The low nipple doesn't really bother me. What concerned me is he said the implant would only be 11cm wide and I'm worried they won't fill my breasts properly and I will have a massive gap. 

I tried on the sizers and I was happy with them but asked that since I'm going under the muscle I would lose a bit so he said the largest I could go would be 360cc HP dual plane placement with a slight risk of double bubble. I still feel that may not be big enough and worried about a weirdly large gap. I really want to trust his judgement though. 

I guess I want my boobs to go back to looking like they did while I was breastfeeding.. Any other tall ladies that went with smaller hp implants? Thoughts?

im finding it so hard to try and visualise how they will end up looking. I've included a photo of how they are at the moment and how they were while breastfeeding.

IMG_0468.PNG

IMG_0521.PNG

How much do u weigh? 

Dr Richardson is good, I would go with him. 

On 27/01/2017 at 7:03 PM, fitmum87 said:

Thank you for your honest advice.

While I am realistic in the fact they will never sit naturally close I just don't want them to look unnatural and strange being a smaller and more narrow implant on a broad chest. I've tried searching for someone with similar stats and implant choice and nothing really comes close.

All the information I've read goes against what I have been advised. Originally I thought medium/ medium plus profile seeing as though I am not petite. Hoping the 3D vectra will put my mind at ease though. Just frustrated I guess seeing as though Dr Birch said medium profile 350-450cc and TCI said 500cc hp and now a completely different response again. 

Just wish I had 2 similar suggestions to make me a little more confident in my decision. 

You are not going to end up with a big gap, no matter which profile u decide on..and HP doesn't look fake on majority of women..XHP however does..