Holly101

Bottoming out or dropping?

Hi, so for a couple of weeks I've noticed that my right breast implant has been sitting lower than my left and I just chalked it up to dropping faster. But this week I've started to think it's more bottoming out as the nipple is rising as well as the incision is not exactly on the crease. I've emailed my doctor and am just waiting on a response. I will be really bummed if it's bottoming out ?

IMG_6899.JPG

I wish I had an answer for you hun! :/ I know that everyone is different and some people drop faster than others. Overs will settle faster than unders and if you had quite empty breasts from weight-loss or breast-feeding, the tissues don't need to stretch as much (although the muscle still needs to relax) and if you don't have very strong pec muscles, I'm guessing they'll drop quicker. It's great that you've emailed your surgeon. I guess all you can do is wait for a response and try not to stress and overthink things (I know that's so difficult!). I will say though, that you look absolutely fantastic! They are a great size for you. You look very full but still somewhat natural. Let us know how things go. How far post op are you? Did you have a lot of empty breast tissue pre-op? Some people's implants do just settle more quickly than others. I hope this is the case for you! :) 

@Kaleidoscope_Eyes thanks! I'm almost 9 weeks now and I was a small b pre op, no major weight loss and my implants were dual plane as my muscles didn't cover them fully enough for them to be 'under the muscle'.

it is still early days and I actually kind of like the right one better (the one I'm thinking has bottomed out) I'm just worried that the left won't turn out the same or the right might get worse ? My initial worry was that the incision won't be hidden under the fold.

I used to worry about my incisions too. I had the opposite problem. My scars actually sit in the fold almost perfectly but the issue is that my boobs don't drape over the fold enough and so you could see the scars when I was just standing. But now, 6 months down the track, the scars have faded so much that they're basically just a thin white line and barely noticeable at all. So don't be too worried about that. It also looks like the scars will still be well hidden where they are. 

I cant see any signs of bottoming out to be honest.  They both look quite even, and the nipple is sitting in the middle of the breast.  Its really hard to miss when the implant has bottomed out, very obvious

My first implants bottomed out, and quite quickly.  Feel free to FR me if you want to see

I think they look fantastic! At 9 weeks you still have many months of changes to go through, so try and relax and let them do their thing. I don't see any signs of bottoming out and they look very symmetrical. Good job ?

Photos tend to emphasise any asymmetry whether it be your face or boobs. Also, it looks like your arms aren't at the same level. Your incisions are where they should be, they wouldn't be if you were bottoming out. 

On 07/03/2017 at 9:26 AM, Holly101 said:

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I'm still unsure but this pic makes it a little more obvious that my right is lower IMG_6909.JPG

It just appears to me as though your right is dropping faster than your left.

I think bottoming out happens much later (months/years) on when the implant is clearly falling under the natural breast's crease. Your breasts are just dropping at a different rate. It's hard not to worry but assess how things go towards the 6 months mark when things settle more :)