Sandra_H

Is tummy tuck a good option?

Is there any safe method to reduce weight and droopy skin around my abdomen area? I was a little obese about five years back. I was around 380 pounds at that time. Through strict diet and daily exercise, I managed to lose a significant amount of weight, and I'm now only 220 pounds. I'm very happy with the results. But, my skin has become very loose and droopy around the abdomen. I'm very conscious about it and has been researching on methods to reduce them. I have read that a tummy tuck surgery can help to reduce weight around the abdominal area and I’m planning to get the surgery with the help of an expert PS in Sarnia. I have no kids yet. We are planning to have a baby within three years. Does this surgery affect my pregnancy? Do I need to quit my smoking before the surgery? Any suggestion and advice regarding this topic are highly appreciated

First of all. Congratulations on your weight loss.

In reply to your questions:

Does this surgery affect my pregnancy - Yes!!! This surgery tightens your skin. Pregnancy stretches your skin. Your skin will probably not be able to recover. 

Do I have to quit smoking before the surgery? - Yes!!! This is a  huge yes. I smoked for many years, with many failed quit attempts. The surgery was the reason I quit and have been smoke free for 6 months now. 

Most surgeons won't operate on a smoker. Smokers cough & this affects the final results. The other reason is that nicotine restricts the blood vessels, affecting healing and can lead to necrosis - basically the skin dies. 

Tummy tuck surgery is a safe procedure there are no risk involved. Yes you would see the results now but later when you get pregnant you will again have a sagging skin. Tummy tuck will completely remove the excess skin and fat from the abdomen area. 

Yes, it is a good option. But any of the surgical processes involve some risks. We should adjust with each and every problem we face. To say really we won't face that much of risks. So, TummyTuck is safe.
Fat can be removed in the area of the abdomen and you can see better results what you expect.

On 3/28/2018 at 11:33 PM, dominikindi said:

Tummy tuck surgery is a safe procedure there are no risk involved. Yes you would see the results now but later when you get pregnant you will again have a sagging skin. Tummy tuck will completely remove the excess skin and fat from the abdomen area. 

What a ridiculous thing to say - of course there is risk involved, a tummy tuck is major surgery. A tummy tuck is generally safe but is important people are aware of the possible risks and side effects that can occur, saying there is ‘no risk’ is incredibly misleading.