Mrs Freckles

Implants and running

Hi all,

Probably more for all who have already had their surgery, but how did you find running with implants?

Those who are runners did you opt for a smaller size implant, or did you not find any negatives with big boobies and running....or does a good sports bra keep everything in place?

Thanks xx

My surgeon said to wear 2 sports bras if running. But in saying that I don't jog a whole lot. I have 270cc under the muscle so I have a smaller implant. I am nearly 3 years post op and haven't had any problems. I was allowed to start running from 3 weeks post op. Invest in a couple of good sports bras and you won't go wrong.

@Mrs Freckles I can understand the clothing claustrophobia but my personal thoughts are that you pay so much for new girls that I don't want to risk any damage to them. My mind also goes back to the old sports bra ad (perhaps berlei) about a b cup bouncing up to 10cm in a non supportive bra when running. Perhaps I'm super protective having had a revision due to exercise damage (dent in cleavage from chest work) and I don't want my girls moving a millimetre 😆

Good luck with your decisions! x

Thanks girls, thinking about it some more I guess I could be happy to bra and crop top while running. What ever will be best for the new girls, I definitely do not want to be back under the knife anytime soon after this BA (thanks for that realisation).

I'm the kind of girl who de-bra's as soon as I walk in the door. So I know I have some changes to make. I am looking at 400 or 425s but keep freaking out they will be huge on me and my lifestyle, like I said I wish I had that crystal ball !!

x

I have 385cc. 

Running was hard for me to get back into because of the feeling, I started when my surgeon said I could but it was a few more weeks before it started to feel ok, so just listen to your body. 

Still doesn't feel 100% for me and I'm 5months.

i bought two really good sports bras (I don't wear two at the same time) - Under Armour one and the She Fit. SHEFIT size /calculator is all wrong, so use chart. Or email them. It's not the comfiest bra but it works. The UA one is great too.

@Mrs Freckles  I'll never forget the time when I had to run and catch a tram (this was when I used to have implants years ago) and was only 4wks PO. Pain was sooo bad and achey .. I had to 'hold my boobs' when I ran for a while, but once they healed, a supportive bra was enough and they just felt like part of me .. everyone heals at different rates tho.  Remember they are heavier than regular boobs so wearing a supportive bra is really important :) 

Get the best sports bra possible if you choose to run. It's hard to avoid bounce and sadly bounce will cause boobs to go south, real or not :(

I chose to go no bigger than 400cc as I am fairly active in marital arts and anything bigger would get in the way.

On 6/17/2017 at 1:16 PM, Mrs Freckles said:

Hi all,

Probably more for all who have already had their surgery, but how did you find running with implants?

Those who are runners did you opt for a smaller size implant, or did you not find any negatives with big boobies and running....or does a good sports bra keep everything in place?

Thanks xx

Hi there,

You may have already chosen by now, but i have 330cc, subfacial... (D cup on me). I'm 7mths post op and run with one "no bounce" sports bra (more like a tight crop top actually). Its absolutely comfortable and fine!

Hi there,

Great topic. Im 4 weeks post this Friday and can't imagine doing my beloved Insanity workouts or running again at this stage.

I was an empty ski jump 12C from 11kg recent weight loss & breast feeding 2 kiddos, now 14 & 16 years old. Im 45 years old in pretty good shape, 163cm tall and 60kg. Had 425cc duel plane nearly 4 weeks ago with Dr Matthew Peters in Brisbane. Now the very happy full and perky owner of 12DD or possible E when the girls settle.:)

Used to be a 10 DD in my 20s before kids so have kind of turned back the clock and filled out again, which is lovely. Just walking at this stage and doing about a thousand squats a day to keep the butt in shape. Looking forward to cardio but it seems a long way away.

1 hour ago, Tabatha said:

Hi there,

Great topic. Im 4 weeks post this Friday and can't imagine doing my beloved Insanity workouts or running again at this stage.

I was an empty ski jump 12C from 11kg recent weight loss & breast feeding 2 kiddos, now 14 & 16 years old. Im 45 years old in pretty good shape, 163cm tall and 60kg. Had 425cc duel plane nearly 4 weeks ago with Dr Matthew Peters in Brisbane. Now the very happy full and perky owner of 12DD or possible E when the girls settle.:)

Used to be a 10 DD in my 20s before kids so have kind of turned back the clock and filled out again, which is lovely. Just walking at this stage and doing about a thousand squats a day to keep the butt in shape. Looking forward to cardio but it seems a long way away.

Hi, 

I am now 4wpo too. I went for a 5km power walk Saturday and I was so tempted to break into a run as I am feeling good now but I had to remind myself I am still very much healing. I have also been going to the gym and doing the stationery bike but that is about it until I get clearance.

I can't wait until I get sized, I am sure it will be a lovely surprise to know what I am now :-) I am still wearing all my boring post op bra's 24/7 so looking fwd to buying some sports bra's/crops and something a bit more exciting ;)

x

On 19/06/2017 at 4:33 PM, Chinchilla said:

@Mrs Freckles I can understand the clothing claustrophobia but my personal thoughts are that you pay so much for new girls that I don't want to risk any damage to them. My mind also goes back to the old sports bra ad (perhaps berlei) about a b cup bouncing up to 10cm in a non supportive bra when running. Perhaps I'm super protective having had a revision due to exercise damage (dent in cleavage from chest work) and I don't want my girls moving a millimetre 😆

Good luck with your decisions! x

Can I please ask you where do you buy your sports bras from. I double bra but they still move and I can feel it and it’s uncomfortable. But if I hold them tight with my arms I feel so much better, but obviously I look like a nut case haha 

I just want something that doesn’t let them move at all.

1 hour ago, thecuriousone said:

Can I please ask you where do you buy your sports bras from. I double bra but they still move and I can feel it and it’s uncomfortable. But if I hold them tight with my arms I feel so much better, but obviously I look like a nut case haha 

I just want something that doesn’t let them move at all.

I use a soft crop (think Lorna Jane pammy/ regular sports crop in thick material) with the Lululemon Tata tamer on top. I've recently discovered these now come in 32E now whereas they used to only be 32DD but they appear to be as rare as hens teeth - I found one in Hawaii and one in Bondi junction store and they looked in the system and it was the last one country wide (this was 2 months ago though). 

I sometimes put my hands on top of mine when exercising to see the bounce factor - I'm sure people think I just like playing with myself 😀😁

8 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

I use a soft crop (think Lorna Jane pammy/ regular sports crop in thick material) with the Lululemon Tata tamer on top. I've recently discovered these now come in 32E now whereas they used to only be 32DD but they appear to be as rare as hens teeth - I found one in Hawaii and one in Bondi junction store and they looked in the system and it was the last one country wide (this was 2 months ago though). 

I sometimes put my hands on top of mine when exercising to see the bounce factor - I'm sure people think I just like playing with myself 😀😁

Thanks heaps. Seems they are available online. Will look in store first to try out. They look sexy for a support bra. 

Haha I’m so paranoid myself. I don’t want them to drop 😩

@Chinchilla I went to the Lululemon store on the Gold Coast. They didn’t have the Tamer exactly in my size but they had the Enlite. They said that eventually the Enlite will replace the Tamer. It’s more pricey at $100 but I don’t think you could find better in terms of support. There is some minimal movement but I’ve tried a Tamer and I think there was more movement with the Tamer.