Mumof3boys

How did you family accept a BA?

5 posts in this topic

Hi lovely ladies

I've told my family (3 sisters and 1 bro + their partners and my mum) about my BA and TT and no one has showed any interest or asked questions etc. I am assuming they don't think it's a good idea and possibly 2 of my sister cld be a little jealous? 

I don't know if this sounds stupid but ive always thought a boob job doesn't suit my family. It's taken a long time for me to think 'stuff it' it's my body and my needs. Since I booked my surgery though I'd be lying if I said it wasn't bothering me though.

Has anyone else ever felt the same and if so how did you deal with it?

Xx

Even though I was 39 when I got my BA done, I did tell my parents. They didn't ask many questions either and I could tell by my Mum's body language that she did not approve. My sister was incredibly supportive. I chose not to tell many people at the time. I didn't want to put myself in the position of having to explain my decision. I felt it was my body and I wasn't harming anyone with getting a BA done. I already had 3 children and had breastfed them. I had been flat chested all my life - 10AA cup. After 6 years of research and seeing a few surgeons - plastic and cosmetic - I decided to go for it.

Whatever our dreams are, there are always going to be people who disagree and disapprove. We can't make everyone happy - only ourselves. Life is too short. I am nearly 3 years post op and I have absolutely no regrets! :)

I've always wanted bigger boobs. I was getting massage oils and I even bought pills (which did not work), so my mum was aware of all my struggles, so she straight away agreed with me when I said I'm going to do it. My dad did not say anything, but he doesn't communicate much haha and my brother was supportive as well. I suppose seeing me happy and excited they could not help but feel the same. Just don't be ashamed to get it. Show them how happy this surgery is going to make you and they'll understand. I'm really happy of how they came out (I'm 8 weeks PO). Thinking maybe I should have gone bigger, but I went the biggest I could for my breast width with moderate profile (380cc). 

My mother was completely against my surgery and made sure I knew it at every turn. Eventually I got so upset that I just told her that it was my body, my life and I'll do what I want. This seemed to shut her up. My dad and I never spoke of it and two of three of my brothers were quite curious and asked a bunch of questions. The third brother just went on about "loving who you are" but that was about it. After my surgery my mum had a full 360 turn around and was all excited for me...