This is a bit of an odd question but I had a tummy tuck last year - for some reason my surgeon decided to move my belly button about an inch higher than it's original location and it has always bothered me a lot. I wonder if this happened to anyone else and if it is something fixable - is it possible to move it back down to where it is supposed be? I understand it would leave a scar but I would prefer a scar and a normally placed belly button vs the abnormally high one I have now. Or should I just accept it...

Me too. I had mine done about 18mths ago and it still feels strange being so high ( supposed to be in the 'ideal' position now). Honestly, it looks like a vertical coin slot. Kids tease me all the time. I'd give anything to find a surgeon who can make it look and feel more natural.

Horrible isn’t it kas - thankfully mine still looks like my belly button but the higher location is really awful and unnatural. I try to accept it but the more time that passes the more I feel ripped off.

i don’t know what I will do NoemiHart - I am trying to just ignore it as getting more surgery is expensive and I am scared of it being stuffed up worse. I was told the belly button stays in its original position so no idea what happened but mine was most definitely moved higher. If you’re worried I would just be sure to confirm with the surgeon that your belly button is not relocated.

Having the belly button moved higher seems to be common in tummy tucks. It is one of the ways you can tell if someone has had one. How often is your belly button out on display? I don't think it would be worth moving unless it was really troubling you. 

It is never on display but that is only because it looks ridiculous - if it was in the right spot I wouldn’t feel the need to have it completely covered all the time. Not that I would ever walk around with my belly out on a regular day but going swimming it would be nice to not have to wear a one piece every time, it would nice to have a shower and be able to look down with seeing this ridiculous belly button so close to my chest.

I agree it probably isn’t worth bothering with given it is easily hidden - it is just very frustrating. Makes my whole torso look shorter than it is and unnatural. Will have to learn to live it though I suppose.

I don’t know - it feels obvious to me. Maybe that is just because I am so used my belly button being in a different position that it is hard to adapt to its new location. I do think it is very unnaturally positioned though and wished I had been warned that it would be moved - makes no sense to me to move a belly button higher but my mistake for not being adequately informed I suppose.