fishlips

Husband wont let me get lips done

I have had 1ml of juverderm ultra plus in my lips a few years ago and i actaully wanted more but didnt want to pay $700 a pop.

It made more projection rather than more size if that makes sense. lIke i was expecting it to make my lips closer to my nose and chin up and down not out.

I didnt bother going back the month later for top up because it so expensive.

Now im seeing all these women with sexy lips and i want to do it again maybe 2-3mls.

However my husband really doesnt want mt to get "duck lips" He doesnt want me to do it at all.

Should i listen and be respectful or just say stuff it and do what i want.

Does anyone else have this issue with partners?

I had my nose done and he didnt have a problem with that...

Maybe this is a bit old fashioned......but I would take on your husband's point of view while also not giving up on the look you desire. Could you start off with a smaller amount so he gets used to slightly bigger lips and then add more as he adjusts to it? 

Im a bit old fashioned too so dont want to piss him off.

My lips are quite thin anyway so 1ml wont really do anything.

Him and i agree its a little waste of money as its only temporary but i hear these girls get about 3ml then only need top ups every few years. That changes things if its correct.

Hopefully one of the ladies on the forum or Donatella (she's an injector) could help you with your dilemma. It sounds like you are still pretty keen to get your lips done while being respectful to your hubby. I am sure you will find the middle ground so that everyone is happy. x 

I think the price of products has come down a lot and a lot of places offering 1ml Juvederm as low as $350.  The Ultra Plus is great but if you just want a natural enhancement then the Ultra is a great product and will cost less.  I have the husband issue all the time and if you find an injector who has a lot of before and afters of the look you're after hopefully you can show him that lips these days are done to be full and natural rather then large and disproportionate.  Unfortunately nothing is permanently in the Juvederm range and all fillers will require retreat at 6-12 months.

Good Luck :)

Yeah, I'm with Donatella on this one. Pictures of results is what immediately came to mind.

Show him pictures of what the results can look like to show him how great they can look. There are so many great instagram accounts of local injectors with stunning results.

He's obviously got a fixed idea of what he thinks will be the outcome (i.e. 'duck lips') - just reassure him that that's not necessarily the case! :D

17 hours ago, fishlips said:

Thanks peeps.

ill have to work on him.

otherwise I will just be suddenly looking nicer without him putting his finger on it

That's what I did. I've only had a mL so far, and he didn't notice. Planning on getting another. Doubt he will ever know. 

I think you husband may be a little misinformed in the same way a lot of men think you get "botox" injected into your lips to make them bigger. You only notice when certain procedures are done badly, he may be pleasantly surprised after it's done. Assure him it's not permanent and it's a way for you to express yourself, lip fillers are temporary and if it's REALLY an issue you can just as easily have them dissolved the next week.